Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2013   #61
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We Are In Purgatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I think I found the problem..

that's a insult to vaginas everywhere.

I actually get pleasure from one of those, the other... not so much.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #62
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You live in Houston.

I'm not sure why, but the sports gods don't look favorably on Houston.
I'm not superstitious, but this city is cursed with regards to pro football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I remember when the Oilers started 1-4 and ended 12-4. Crazy stuff happens. Especially with the way that season ended.
So you're saying we need to get Warren Moon to play QB for the Texans?
Old 10-16-2013   #63
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

What a traumatized bunch of fans we are in Houston. Be thankful you weren't born in Rawanda, or Kosovo and then we can talk about being cursed. Harden up.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #64
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post
What a traumatized bunch of fans we are in Houston. Be thankful you weren't born in Rawanda, or Kosovo and then we can talk about being cursed. Harden up.
This is football, not the real world. I think most of us realize that. Comparing football despair to real world despair is kind of silly, there is no comparison.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
This is football, not the real world. I think most of us realize that. Comparing football despair to real world despair is kind of silly, there is no comparison.
I agree with thethirdman. We're soft. Just like our coach, just like our team. The Texans are soft, top to bottom & everywhere in between.
Old 10-16-2013   #66
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, it's football. That's all it will ever be. There are more important things in life. Comparing football to real life tragedies demeans both football and real life.

Jesus, it's just a ****ing game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #67
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with thethirdman. We're soft. Just like our coach, just like our team. The Texans are soft, top to bottom & everywhere in between.
We'd be soft if we just accepted losing without getting irritated or didn't expect more from our team. The reaction you're seeing here is a normal response unlike any other from fan bases of teams around the league that aren't playing up to their potential.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #68
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is purgatory where are all the unbaptized babies and why is Bill here?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #69
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
because if they win nothing will change and they won't go, it'll just be the same status quo. I don't want my team to lose, but if that's what it takes to get rid of these two, so be it.
So let me see if I have this correct. You want the team to win, just not with this HC & QB? Cuz if they do somehow win, you and others will look bad for saying they could not win? Admit it... even if the team won every remaining game you would still be miserable, and complain because Kubiak is the coach and Schaub is the QB, right?

The Chiefs are 6-0, and do you think they care how they got there? They will win a bunch of games, then face a real team and lose when it matters. I would rather get all of this losing out of the way now and peak at the right time. The Texans are not out of the division race, or the playoff race yet. Stop being so melodramatic.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #70
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big52Hurt View Post
sup fellas?

maaan! I feel like we Ravens fans are in purgatory as well. our offense is pure garbage at the moment! we could have beaten the packers had the offense done something with the football when they had the chances. now, we're 3-3 and have to go into Pittsburg next week before our bye.
The 2 Super Bowls in 13 years Ravens talking about purgatory! Give me a break...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read