Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013   #781
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Look on the bright side our draft position just got better, and The Walking Dead is on tv tonight.
But I hate that the governor is still alive
Old 10-13-2013   #782
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point they need to get to the dance. They can only afford to lost 3 more but more likely 2. I don't see us beating the colts twice and the pats and broncos

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #783
cameronkrazie86
Veteran

Rep Power: 91 cameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

The one thing I really don't understand is why they don't give Arian the ball 25 to 30 times a game when it's working. Dude could've ran for 250+ yards today if they had just kept feeding him. The quarterbacks are struggling, the running game is working and yet 3 of the first 4 plays out of halftime are passes. Game was over from there. So frustrating to see a great player not get the ball when he's in the zone.
cameronkrazie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #784
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 54314 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronkrazie86 View Post
The one thing I really don't understand is why they don't give Arian the ball 25 to 30 times a game when it's working. Dude could've ran for 250+ yards today if they had just kept feeding him. The quarterbacks are struggling, the running game is working and yet 3 of the first 4 plays out of halftime are passes. Game was over from there. So frustrating to see a great player not get the ball when he's in the zone.
The Rams were expecting that. Kubiak is too tricky to fall into that trap.

Old 10-13-2013   #785
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 11376 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

offense had issues but the real problem started with the defense. how'd we give up so much on the run? and the long ball defense with pass interfence.

then special teams with martin.

when schaub was injured, TJ showed his real self as well in the great kubiak predictable schemes.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #786
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27051 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Why hasn't Keshawn Martin been replaced on the kick returning duties? He's been the worst kick returner in NFL history. It's been that bad!
Old 10-13-2013   #787
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Why hasn't Keshawn Martin been replaced on the kick returning duties? He's been the worst kick returner in NFL history. It's been that bad!
He works hard.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #788
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I thought he was the 4th best kick returner this year.
Old 10-13-2013   #789
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Yes. I am still going to feel that way. See, here you are again, trying to justify the fact that you cheered for an injury. I wanted Schaub out, but not by way of an injury? You know why? Because 1. he's a human and no one DESERVES to be hurt, none the less have someone else cheer for it. He's got a family to take care of, and if he's hurt it just adds more problems to his life, which is already hectic enough from fans harassing him. 2. If he goes down with an injury, there's always that doubt, which gives him the chance to be put back in when he is healthy again. I'd rather him get benched without having to be injured, that way it puts all of that doubt to rest, plus if our backups like yates sucks (which he did already) we can put him back in.

Schaub is done, but there is no reason to cheer an injury. You continue to sit here and try to justify your actions, and saying I have "half full glasses" It doesn't take half moon glasses, or broken glasses to see you were clearly cheering his injury.

EDIT: Of course, I also want to point out the fact that Schaub was playing better this game than he had been in the past. He actually didn't turn the ball over today. The reason we lost were from turnovers from other palyers. Hopkins, Martin, and of course Yates. Of course, even if Schaub had already thrown three pick 6's, I still wouldn't have cheered an injury.
Then we can just agree to disagree. You took it how you took it and it wasn't how it was meant. I'm glad to see schaub out, but it should have happened differently than it did.

Now, queue putting more words in my mouth. I don't give a damn. What I said and how you took it is your glass half empty attitude shining through. All I said was yay! Something good finally happened! And it is good that now there's a chance one of our other QBs will do better than that sack of taters with a number 8 painted on it.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #790
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Nope, I started my fandom with the Houston Texans.
You can probably find film somewhere, but read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Com...rican_football)

Biggest heartbreak and crap loss in NFL history ala the Oilers.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #791
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 199341 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The good news is the Rams defense got me 51 points today.

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #792
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

On the Kick return that we fumbled.

Tuggle got tossed like a rag doll
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #793
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (and I would love to read other fans analysis of this) but I can't help but notice that a majority of our INTs have been where the DB stepped in front of the WR.

With that being said I feel that whoever is at QB is having to wait for the WR to get into position (turn and set up) before he can fire the ball in his direction which gives the DBs an easy read on where the QB will pass the ball.

If so I think the receiver coach(es) need to be blamed and they need to fix this. Plus we should look into making quick, short passes and screens with an occasional bomb down the field vs what we're currently doing which seems sporadic at best.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #794
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I was traveling all day and got home at 8PM. So I just finished watching the game. I went to great lengths to avoid any Texans chatter all day, even covering my ears and humming when people behind me on the plane brought it up. So glad all that effort was worthwhile.
Old 10-14-2013   #795
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Just think how close this team is to being 0-6. The only game they deserved to win was vs seattle.
Old 10-14-2013   #796
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
Then we can just agree to disagree. You took it how you took it and it wasn't how it was meant. I'm glad to see schaub out, but it should have happened differently than it did.

Now, queue putting more words in my mouth. I don't give a damn. What I said and how you took it is your glass half empty attitude shining through. All I said was yay! Something good finally happened! And it is good that now there's a chance one of our other QBs will do better than that sack of taters with a number 8 painted on it.
I do want to point out, that when I made my original comment, I didn't point you out in particular. I was addressing all of the posters who were celebrating.

It was you who chose to go out of your way and call me a dip****, and justify your actions. I mean, you can keep saying "that it affects the team in a positve manner" and "something good finally happened", but the fact is the fact. You cheered an injury.

Plain and simple.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #797
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112130 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (and I would love to read other fans analysis of this) but I can't help but notice that a majority of our INTs have been where the DB stepped in front of the WR.

With that being said I feel that whoever is at QB is having to wait for the WR to get into position (turn and set up) before he can fire the ball in his direction which gives the DBs an easy read on where the QB will pass the ball.

If so I think the receiver coach(es) need to be blamed and they need to fix this. Plus we should look into making quick, short passes and screens with an occasional bomb down the field vs what we're currently doing which seems sporadic at best.
Opposing DB's are cheating up on routes. There is zero threat to get burned deep so that's why you see no cushion. Schaub is delivering the ball when a WR breaks but doesn't have the zip to get the ball in there in time. If we would open up and take some shots then DB's would back off some.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #798
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Opposing DB's are cheating up on routes. There is zero threat to get burned deep so that's why you see no cushion. Schaub is delivering the ball when a WR breaks but doesn't have the zip to get the ball in there in time. If we would open up and take some shots then DB's would back off some.
This. I don't think it would matter how much zip he put on it though. DBs are not playing the man. At this point they are just timing the release.

This would actually be the kind of thing that you would expect us to exploit. A double move would be freaking awesome or have a cross to the spot that the blitzing safety is vacating.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #799
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Source: #Texans Danieal Manning out 6-8 weeks. (@JeromeSolomon)
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #800
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R View Post
Source: #Texans Danieal Manning out 6-8 weeks. (@JeromeSolomon)
Just heard that on the radio.

That sucks. Haven't heard about Schaub though...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read