Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-09-2013   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

Wow. i did not think it was that big a deal.
Old 09-14-2013   #22
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Winston had another good day against a poor Nevada team. He was 15/18 with 214 yards, 2 TD passes, 1 INT. He also ran for a TD. He threw a pick that was totally his fault early in the game, but did extremely well after that. He did not play the full game, as our backup Jacob Coker took over after the game was well in hand. That's 8 touchdowns and 1 turnover in 2 games.

I'm still trying to keep from getting too excited. He hasn't been asked to play a big game yet, or even against a good defense. Next game is again Bethune-Cookman, so should be another easy day for Winston and the Noles.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, I've watched this guy some and I knew he was a pretty good player....but this guy is reaaaalllly good. It's early in his career, but some of the things this guy does are amazing.

I'm watching him agsinst Maryland and the way this guy throws the ball is pretty special. The guy has a gun, but his ball placement is extremely good.

Oh and Florida state is going to be in contention for nat'l titles as long as he's there. They are absolutely killing Maryland. 42 - 0 in the third quarter and they have the ball.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #24
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Ok, I've watched this guy some and I knew he was a pretty good player....but this guy is reaaaalllly good. It's early in his career, but some of the things this guy does are amazing.

I'm watching him agsinst Maryland and the way this guy throws the ball is pretty special. The guy has a gun, but his ball placement is extremely good.

Oh and Florida state is going to be in contention for nat'l titles as long as he's there. They are absolutely killing Maryland. 42 - 0 in the third quarter and they have the ball.
Yeah, I try to keep from getting too excited, but wow. He amazes every week. It's hard to describe how good he is. He just does everything so well. Almost 400 yards passing and 5 TDs today.
Old 10-07-2013   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Shefter: NFL scout compares "the 2015 1st pick" to a combination of Roethlisberger and Steve McNair.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

My eval also and he is only 19.

90/123 for 1441 yds @ 73.2 % 11.72 avg. 17 TDs 2 INTs.
Old 10-15-2013   #27
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

"Famous"Jameis Winston is going to get a LOT of tv time in the next couple of years. That kid is something else indeed. Not sure he can just shrug off NFL D-linemen like he can in college, but it's pretty cool to see it right now.
Old 10-15-2013   #28
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
"Famous"Jameis Winston is going to get a LOT of tv time in the next couple of years. That kid is something else indeed. Not sure he can just shrug off NFL D-linemen like he can in college, but it's pretty cool to see it right now.
This throw at the end of the first half against Boston College was incredible.

This escape and off balance throw against Bethune-Cookman was pretty amazing too.

Then the escape and ball placement on this pass against Maryland just made me shake my head. Jimbo Fisher just started laughing.

Top 10 moments thus far, including baseball.

It's a pleasure watching him play. He's a gamer.
Old 11-13-2013   #29
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Just got word that some bad stuff is about to come out in the news. Hope the source is wrong but I trust them. It's really bad.

I will update when it is confirmed.
Old 11-13-2013   #30
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Just got word that some bad stuff is about to come out in the news. Hope the source is wrong but I trust them. It's really bad.

I will update when it is confirmed.
Florida State QB Jameis Winston
Investigated for Sexual Assault

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/13/jameis...#ixzz2kZXWCtQ3
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #31
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Florida State QB Jameis Winston
Investigated for Sexual Assault

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/13/jameis...#ixzz2kZXWCtQ3
I've also heard reports that they are investigating someone between 5'9 and 5'11. Winston is 6'4 so.

We will see when better reports come out.
Old 11-13-2013   #32
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I've also heard reports that they are investigating someone between 5'9 and 5'11. Winston is 6'4 so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTV
November 13, 2013
7:04pm

Tallahassee, FL - Tallahassee attorney Tim Jansen says he is representing FSU Quarterback Jameis Winston. He says Winston is cooperating with the investigation. Jansen says Winston has not been charged with anything and says Winston has never been questioned by Tallahassee police about the incident, not in December of 2012 and not recently.

Jansen says it is his understanding that this case was closed by Tallahassee police in February.

WCTV will bring more information as it becomes available.
Link

So, it's nothing really.

He was investigated, but they never actually questioned him. His attorney said he thought they had closed the investigation, but I guess he recently learned that they hadn't closed it yet. They are looking for someone between 5'9" and 5'11" per police report.

Sounds like this was just brought up now to make a story.
Old 11-13-2013   #33
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, his lawyer has already admitting representing him in the matter. So there must be something.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #34
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Well, his lawyer has already admitting representing him in the matter. So there must be something.
Nothing has changed in the investigation since December of 2012, almost one year ago and he was never questioned.

I doubt anything comes of it at all. I doubt they even update the story past that he was investigated and not questioned. Sounds like it could have been a football player though.
Old 11-13-2013   #35
Stemp
Brew Master

Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothing has changed in the investigation since December of 2012, almost one year ago and he was never questioned.

I doubt anything comes of it at all. I doubt they even update the story past that he was investigated and not questioned. Sounds like it could have been a football player though.
I doubt it too. But it could be the local paper got wind of an investigation that was swept under the rug by local PD and it's just now coming out. The paper asked for anything concerning Winston and this is what was released to them.
Old 11-13-2013   #36
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
I doubt it too. But it could be the local paper got wind of an investigation that was swept under the rug by local PD and it's just now coming out. The paper asked for anything concerning Winston and this is what was released to them.
What I had heard earlier was that local media was pressing TPD to release a police report that stated that there was a group sex/rape charge against several FSU players. Clearly, that was just a rumor. Sounds like they got wind of something involving Winston and pressed to have the police report released, as you stated, and now it has been.

I'm relieved to see the details come out. I'm not worried about this at all. It's smart of Winston to get a lawyer in this type of situation. Although, it doesn't sound like he has needed any legal advice as of yet. He hasn't even been interviewed and it's been a year.
Old 11-13-2013   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What I had heard earlier was that local media was pressing TPD to release a police report that stated that there was a group sex/rape charge against several FSU players. Clearly, that was just a rumor. Sounds like they got wind of something involving Winston and pressed to have the police report released, as you stated, and now it has been.

I'm relieved to see the details come out. I'm not worried about this at all. It's smart of Winston to get a lawyer in this type of situation. Although, it doesn't sound like he has needed any legal advice as of yet. He hasn't even been interviewed and it's been a year.
yAWn
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #38
Stemp
Brew Master

Quote:

You might be a bit premature. Seems like it may have been a coverup by the Tallahassee PD for the football team.

Quote:
There's evidence Tallahassee cops tried to sweep the sexual assault investigation targeting Florida State University QB Jameis Winston under the rug to protect the team and its star player ... and ONLY took aggressive steps after TMZ Sports started asking questions.

Sources in the State Attorney's Office tell us they never even knew about the investigation until Tuesday ... JUST ONE DAY AFTER TMZ Sports began making calls to cops about the alleged assault.

Our sources in the State Attorney's Office say ... it was highly unusual cops wouldn't have filled them in about the case until this week. The sources say cops would have typically notified them when the investigation was completed, and Winston's lawyer reportedly says cops told him it was completed in February.

Now get this ... TMZ Sports started calling police about the case on Monday. We were told someone would get back to us later that day, but there was radio silence for 2 days ... we made repeated calls Tuesday and Wednesday and no one got back to us until late Wednesday afternoon.

Sources in the State Attorney's Office tell us ... the timing -- getting notified about the case months after it supposedly was closed and just a day after TMZ started calling -- is suspicious.

The State Attorney has now re-activated the case and sent it back to cops for further investigation.

And there's a twist -- guess what would happen if Winston was even CHARGED with felony sexual assault -- under FSU's rules ... he would be AUTOMATICALLY BENCHED ... killing the team's national championship hopes and his Heisman Trophy chances.
http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/14/jameis...#ixzz2kewvQEuI
Old 11-14-2013   #39
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Says TMZ.

No facts of the story have changed. It doesn't seem as if they point to him in any way, so I'm not worried. I don't care what happens to TPD, they get no sympathy from me if they tried to sweep things under the rug. They've harassed me enough in my days to not get my support. Maybe they kept things quiet so as to not assassinate his character after it became obvious that the kid wasn't involved? I don't know, not enough evidence. Either way, Winston is in the clear.
Old 11-20-2013   #40
Stemp
Brew Master

Uh oh. This could be a big problem for Winston if true.

He may have to be suspended (per FSU rules) if he get charged and this is looking VERY bad for the Tallahassee PD and FSU. And if they buried a rape investigation and lied to the media about the victim being drunk when she wasn't BECAUSE he was a football player, the school may have no choice but to suspend him pending the investigation to save face.

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2013/PDFs/winston.pdf

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read