Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2013   #201
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
So is the plan for Schaub to sit out the Chiefs game but then be ready for the Colts at home following the bye week? Why haven't the Texans signed a veteran free agent like Vince Young or Tim Tebow? Guys who at least have a winning record as a starter in this league and would be exciting to watch make plays, or should I say extending some plays with their legs if nothing else.

The Vikings were quick to pounce on Josh Freeman and the Bills already signed Matt Flynn. I just want somebody new for the rest of the season until we can draft somebody in April.

Of course Matt Schaub, sadly enough, is our best option right now. He's not exactly going up against stiff competition in T.J. Yates, who I'd argue is worse despite being more mobile, and Case Keenum - the kid is never even active on gamedays but I'd love to see what he can do.

Ultimately, I'm ready for the QB deep draft in April. There will be a handful of quarterbacks who could be potential franchise guys. We should be able to land one in the first or second round. Maybe even third round but I'd rather get somebody on day one.

Are you fing serious? Why havent the texans signed two QBs who couldnt make it as backups in the NFL? Its as though you dont even pay attention
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #202
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

If the Texans sign Vince "Sausage" Young, I'll never come to another game and will be putting my PSL's up for sale.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #203
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i just feel like reiterating that it's absolutely disgusting to cheer an injury, and incomprehensible for the fan to show up at his house earlier this week. i get that many are angry at schaub, i am too. i get that a whole lot of folks would be glad if he came up with something relatively minor that kept him out of the game (a position i may or may not agree with). but that's not a robot at quarterback, it's a good man doing a job. a man who's great in the community. a man who once the helmet comes off is a husband and father. remember that the next time you get pissed off at a game.

houston has one of the greatest fan bases in the league. but we have a minority that rivals even philly with how nasty they can become.
Can we get over that already, the media hyped it up far more than what it was, yes a few people cheered, it wasn't like the entire stadium was giving him a standing ovation. When he stood up and walked off the field he got more a lot more cheers, now it's debatable if that's because TJ was coming in or him going off, but none the less the media has completely acted like we were on the sideline kicking him in the ankle.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #204
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Are you fing serious? Why havent the texans signed two QBs who couldnt make it as backups in the NFL? Its as though you dont even pay attention
I agree with you on VY & Tebow. & I'm a VY fan, would love to see him be successful in the NFL. But the Packers said no thank you & went with an unknown. Buffalo said no thank you & went with a talentless unknown.

At the same time, Smithiak not bringing in QBs since way back in the offseason leads you to believe they don't see a QB problem.... We know there was a good chance Schaub wasn't going to make it through the season. Whether you want to call him injury prone or not, it's reality. If their goal truly was Super Bowl..... & Tj looked like he did coming in for Schaub, both times... it really makes you wonder.

This is a talented team & I felt we could win with Matt. Never thought Matt was going to lead us there, but he wasn't going to stop us either. I can see them thinking we can do it with Tj if he takes care of the ball, but I didn't see anything the last two opportunities he had that would suggest as much.
Old 10-15-2013   #205
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Never been one of Schaub's cheerleaders, but the way people cheered when he got hurt was classless.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #206
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60755 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah he isn't playing this week
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #207
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Never been one of Schaub's cheerleaders, but the way people cheered when he got hurt was classless.
The fans aren't playing quarterback and making millions Schaub is and classless or not those players need to be focusing on doing their jobs. Every fan is different and so is every player. But the score on that scoreboard is the true representation of the BS that they're producing on the field.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #208
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Courtesy of JJo

Quote:
Paul Gallant ‏@PaulyGRadio

Johnathan Joseph on cheering Schaub injury: "They gonna do that, don't show the f*ck up" #Texans
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #209
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
The fans aren't playing quarterback and making millions Schaub is and classless or not those players need to be focusing on doing their jobs. Every fan is different and so is every player. But the score on that scoreboard is the true representation of the BS that they're producing on the field.

You and others who keep bringing money up just further show how ignorant you are and the fact that you dont understand how foolish you look doing it. Stay classy and envious
Old 10-15-2013   #210
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Courtesy of JJo

The fan's gave Schaub the locker room back if he is able to come back and play
Old 10-15-2013   #211
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-15-2013   #212
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Courtesy of JJo
Granted at the same time a fan could probably ask JJo when are the Texans going to actually show up?
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #213
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The fan's gave Schaub the locker room back if he is able to come back and play
Exactly.

I just hope he comes out with a sense of urgency. Like his back is against the wall. I honestly don't see how he can not feel like his back is against the wall.

As long as Kubiak has a job, Matt's got a job. But if Matt don't turn something around, Kubiak may be looking for a new team as well. Can you imagine Kubiak & Schaub in Tampa Bay?
Old 10-15-2013   #214
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was more or less being sarcastic but sadly, I'd rather see guys who are at least in good physical shape and can gain some positive yardage if the pass rush is too strong. As oppose to a guy who will just fall down like a wounded duck and is Mr. Automatic sack or turnover machine. Given the state of our offensive line these days, we'd be better off with a QB who can run. Making our backfield that much more stronger in the running game. We already have two of the better RBs in the league. Add another element with a QB who is a threat to take off and defenses would have a hard time trying to stop us - especially in the red zone where we struggle beyond belief.
Old 10-15-2013   #215
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with you on VY & Tebow. & I'm a VY fan, would love to see him be successful in the NFL. But the Packers said no thank you & went with an unknown. Buffalo said no thank you & went with a talentless unknown.

At the same time, Smithiak not bringing in QBs since way back in the offseason leads you to believe they don't see a QB problem.... We know there was a good chance Schaub wasn't going to make it through the season. Whether you want to call him injury prone or not, it's reality. If their goal truly was Super Bowl..... & Tj looked like he did coming in for Schaub, both times... it really makes you wonder.

This is a talented team & I felt we could win with Matt. Never thought Matt was going to lead us there, but he wasn't going to stop us either. I can see them thinking we can do it with Tj if he takes care of the ball, but I didn't see anything the last two opportunities he had that would suggest as much.
I want to have fun and enjoy the rest of this season, win or lose. Even if we took a chance on a quarterback not on the roster right now, and they failed miserably, that would still land us a better draft pick in April so we can draft our future franchise QB. It's a win-win situation no matter what.

The bottom line is this team is boring to watch with Matt Schaub and T.J Yates is even worse. I love Matt Schaub but he's no longer the reliable quarterback he used to be. It's time to move on. That is why people were cheering when he was hurt. It was not to cheer on his injury, it was because they knew it would force Kubiak's hand to make a QB change.
Old 10-15-2013   #216
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
If the Texans sign Vince "Sausage" Young, I'll never come to another game and will be putting my PSL's up for sale.
If they win I don't care.
Old 10-15-2013   #217
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
You and others who keep bringing money up just further show how ignorant you are and the fact that you dont understand how foolish you look doing it. Stay classy and envious
What's foolish is to be grouping all Texans fans as fans that boo'd Schaub when in reality it wasn't even 20% of the crowd. What's foolish is go even bring up what the crowd is doing when your 2-4 as a football team saying it's super bowl or bust. Fans pay to see the game and players and coaches get paid to play and coach the game. That hasn't changed and that's the reality.
Old 10-15-2013   #218
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
If they win I don't care.
Exactly right. I don't care who the quarterback is as long as we're winning games. And if we're going to lose games, like we've been doing with Matt Schaub, I'd rather it be with a more exciting guy to watch. One that isn't going to just fall down and take a sack, or force an interception and poor throw every time he sees a strong pass rush. I've been craving an athletic and more mobile quarterback here in Houston for a long time. Why can't we catch on with the rest of the NFL? Hopefully Case Keenum makes the start at Kansas City on Sunday. I've seen enough of T.J. Yates myself. If Keenum fails then so be it. At least I'd have enjoyed watching the kid play.
Old 10-15-2013   #219
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Exactly.

I just hope he comes out with a sense of urgency. Like his back is against the wall. I honestly don't see how he can not feel like his back is against the wall.

As long as Kubiak has a job, Matt's got a job. But if Matt don't turn something around, Kubiak may be looking for a new team as well. Can you imagine Kubiak & Schaub in Tampa Bay?
Schaub plays at his worst when his back is against the wall. Pressure is his biggest fear mentally and physically. Kubiak knows that and shows you he knows it by trying to protect him by his playcalling but it's got to a point now that he can't even do that. I knew this time was coming 4 years ago. See... lies get weaker over time but the truth does nothing but get stronger and stronger with time. The thing about truth is it does two things it either COMFORTS or OFFENDS. So I'm not surprised to see so many of us fans offended but the ones that knew are comforted in the fact that now this city has to face what Kubiak and Schaub really are.
Old 10-15-2013   #220
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Exactly right. I don't care who the quarterback is as long as we're winning games. And if we're going to lose games, like we've been doing with Matt Schaub, I'd rather it be with a more exciting guy to watch. One that isn't going to just fall down and take a sack, or force an interception and poor throw every time he sees a strong pass rush. I've been craving an athletic and more mobile quarterback here in Houston for a long time. Why can't we catch on with the rest of the NFL? Hopefully Case Keenum makes the start at Kansas City on Sunday. I've seen enough of T.J. Yates myself. If Keenum fails then so be it. At least I'd have enjoyed watching the kid play.
I agree. I just wish that the the pressure Foster gets from Tate we had a qb that can put the same pressure on Schaub. Over the years Kubiak prevented that from happening. Case may be the guy I've seen too much potential in him and I know a good qb when I see one. I just think this is a good ol boy system in terms of the favoritism and loyalty kubiak shows to some areas of the team versus others and when your goal is to truly win a superbowl you gotta cut shat like that out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read