Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2013   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Koch & Kalu are my favorites as well. But... they have no more insight to the Texans than you or I do. Other than the fact that they've played in the NFL & that Kalu played for Kubiak....

For instance, they both believe some of the players have lost faith & confidence in their coach/qb, but they clearly say it's their supposition, no one has told them as much.
I understand that, but most other radio hosts on houston sports radio seem to go 1 of 3 ways. They either:

Are straight up homers or try to steer clear of overtly calling a spade a spade - Lopez, Vandemeer, Lord....

They try too hard to be "critical" so as not to appear like they're homers - Innes, Nick Wright, LZ & Clanton...(have never liked this dude)

Or they try too hard trying to get laughs & entertain you with all kinds of other crap...LZ, Clanton mostly but Innes, Payne & Meltzer do that alot too.

When i listen to Cooke & Kalu, i feel like i'm just sitting at a bar talking shop with 2 guys who know & love the game....They're genuinely themselves on the radio. The fact that they played on the NFL level is an added bonus.....you get less BS like "SEC guy" or "celebrity birthdays". Apart from that, they look at things largely the same way i do in regards to the Texans & the NFL in general..i find myself agreeing with them alot.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read