Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2013   #1
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 50 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bitter- Party of 1

So now that the initial shock has worn off after another embarrassing loss, Im left feeling pretty damn bitter. I, like many of you, have had season tickets since day and Im having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this season is (for all practical purposes) over and that weve only had 2 years of good times vs. 10 years of bad. Weve lived through Carr, Rosencopter, Doody Brown, just to name a few notable disasters and for what? It turns out that the light at the end of the tunnel is already out.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bitter- Party of 1

Save the fairly meaningless win over OU, this has been a shocking dissapointment of a football season for me in every way, including fantasy.

But the reality is, especially in the NFL... Very few get to experience true glory in this league and the majority are delivered failure time and time again.

Im not bitter, just dissapointed in my season going down the drains so quickly. Offseason blows. But I guess the older I get the easier it is to deal with as I gain new perspectives on life.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The season is just starting.

We don't expect the Texans to give up now, I see no reason we should.
Old 10-15-2013   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

We're 2 games out of first place in our division at this point.

There are 10 games to go.

We're not out of this.

Granted, it's not looking good but we're not out of it. Teams have been in worse shape than we're in now and have made the play-offs.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Party of 1, room at the table for me? While I agree that we are not out of it yet... I see nothing that's going to improve with Kubiak at the helm.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Yeah, the "team is still in the race", so anything is possible (that would be the hope part).

However, probability, based on current trends and recent performances, is that this season is headed south at a very fast pace (and this is where we prepare for the worst).

As far as "bitter"...'eh, I'm used to this stuff now as a lifelong Houston pro football fan. Life is way too short to be bitter about an entertainment medium. And if spending your hard earned paycheck on the product is making you feel bitter inside, then perhaps you need to reevaluate your priorities in life and find a place for a better perspective on things. It's not worth using real world emotions on an entertainment diversion that you have absolutely no influence to impact the outcome.
Old 10-15-2013   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I sold my tickets prior to the season, for the first time this year. That action has left me not bitter, but thankful for buying low and selling high.

I could lay heaps of criticism, but no one has listened since 2007 and the organization structure is apparently not set up to listen or administer accountability.
Old 10-15-2013   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the NFL. Not an easy place to win it all, but there is a delusional sect of fans that think that "their" team is doing them some kind of disservice if they don't win as per expected. I understand venting and being upset in a cartoon kinda way, but this a big boy league that punishes teams that make mistakes...that's why you cherish it when it's right.

The Texans plan hasn't been a good one. It's time to make another one....In other news, I've got grass to mow.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I was bitter when Bud Adams stole my team off to Tennessee.

Now I'm just disappointed but supportive and hopeful.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It's the NFL. Not an easy place to win it all, but there is a delusional sect of fans that think that "their" team is doing them some kind of disservice if they don't win as per expected. I understand venting and being upset in a cartoon kinda way, but this a big boy league that punishes teams that make mistakes...that's why you cherish it when it's right.

The Texans plan hasn't been a good one. It's time to make another one....In other news, I've got grass to mow.
yep. I think hindsight will show the Kubiak regime's peak at 2011-2012.

He certainly did some positive things for the franchise. First winning season, first playoff and win, back-to-back division champs. We now have a couple of nice little flags in our stadium. So it's not like we won't look back on him fondly in hindsight. Those were certainly bleak days...8....years....ago....

However, in order to have hindsight you have got to move forward.

In the immortal words of Frank Zappa: "Progress is not possible without deviation."
Old 10-15-2013   #11
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts play Denver next, then we have them here in week 9. We could be right back in the race.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Party of 1, room at the table for me? While I agree that we are not out of it yet... I see nothing that's going to improve with Kubiak at the helm.
And a whole bunch of Giants fans were saying the same thing about Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin after the Giants went on a 4 game losing streak to end up 6-6 (including a 25 point loss against the Saints.) And it didn't look much better when they split the next two games and were sitting at 7-7.

And that team won the Super Bowl.

This is a better team than the team that was crushing people last year except that we're beating ourselves and doing stupid things. The players know that. If they clean up their acts, this team can still beat any other team in the league.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #13
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
So now that the initial shock has worn off after another embarrassing loss, I’m left feeling pretty damn bitter. I, like many of you, have had season tickets since day and I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this season is (for all practical purposes) over and that we’ve only had 2 years of good times vs. 10 years of bad. We’ve lived through Carr, Rosencopter, Doody Brown, just to name a few notable disasters and for what? It turns out that the light at the end of the tunnel is already out.
When it comes to nfl football in Houston somehow we gotta put a end to the good ol boy system. The fans here always are getting duped... they tell us stay patient, your time is coming, this coach doesn't need to be fired. It's all BS because superbowl teams do what superbowl teams need to do on all levels to get there and win. The number one thing Bob McNair wants us to do is come up with some BS thinking philosophy like hey we are not 0-6 like the Giants... well hell how many superbowls have they been winning the last five years? All BS aside I'm personally glad the fans are lashing out in the way they are because the whole situation of the Houston Texan organization is complete BS and nobody is being held accountable.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #14
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Colts play Denver next, then we have them here in week 9. We could be right back in the race.
Yep that's true. Nothing wrong with hoping. Texans can beat anyone if they play right and everyone is put in their rightful place.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Yep that's true. Nothing wrong with hoping. Texans can beat anyone if they play right and everyone is put in their rightful place.
right, I'm hoping that Schaub doesn't lose any mobility with that high ankle sprain.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Speaking only for myself, selling off my tickets and PSLs was the best thing that could happen for me. I am still ... upset? (too strong, even) when they lose, but never bitter. I enjoy chatting about it and discussing it, but it doesn't make me angry all week like I used to be. I figured out a long time ago that paying people to piss me off is really bad for my stress level. So I don't do it. Don't have Texans tickets, don't live in a community with a HOA, etc.

Already looking forward to the game vs. KC, especially if Keenum starts. Imagine Tigger bouncing around yelling "Keenum!" LOL.
Old 10-15-2013   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
right, I'm hoping that Schaub doesn't lose any mobility with that high ankle sprain.
I wasn't aware Schaub had any mobility to lose.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read