Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #41
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We Are In Purgatory

We're somewhere, purgatory, hell, Tennessee, Dallas. Wherever it is I'm not diggin it.

Its getting bad, really bad. Yesterday, I didn't even watch the game! This is marks the first time in the history of the Texans that I didn't either watch, or go to the game. It felt kind of good though, after the game was over my phone started blowing up with calls from my friends. When they told me they got their asses whooped, it didn't surprise me, it was kind of what I had expected. Then again.... I DVR'd the game and gave it a go late last night, and damn was it bad.

When the team is getting to the the point to where I didn't mind missing watching a game, that's bad.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #42
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big52Hurt View Post
sup fellas?

maaan! I feel like we Ravens fans are in purgatory as well. our offense is pure garbage at the moment! we could have beaten the packers had the offense done something with the football when they had the chances. now, we're 3-3 and have to go into Pittsburg next week before our bye.
Nope. Y'all won the Super Bowl last year. You don't get to pretend to be in purgatory for at least 5 years. I'd gladly trade positions with you if it meant we had a banner that says we were the best for that year.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah raven yall have won 2 SB yall don't get to have this honor

Guess how many SBowls we have ZERO

We have never even been to the SB
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #44
Big52Hurt
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Big52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Nope. Y'all won the Super Bowl last year. You don't get to pretend to be in purgatory for at least 5 years. I'd gladly trade positions with you if it meant we had a banner that says we were the best for that year.
I understand your frustration and of course, i'm glad that my Ravens won the Super Bowl last season. but that was last season! we are 6 weeks into this new season and to keep it real, the Ravens offense is stinking up the joint week after week after week! receivers can't get open! running backs can't run! O-line is pure trash! Flacco holds the ball too long at times and can't sense his way out of a collapsing pocket if it were a wet paper sack! our defense is playing better and caring this pathetic offense...once again!
Big52Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #45
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We Are In Purgatory
Well, at least the music's good!

Old 10-14-2013   #46
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
season is pretty much done and we have nothing to look forward to.
we dont have a young team that we can enjoy watching grow.
we dont have a qb we can see progress with every win or loss
were not a team on the rise, but were not a team that can win it.
our coach is not getting fired until the end of the season, and HE WILL try to win as many games as possible to save his job. he can probably get us to 8-8 which means we wont get a game changing qb in the draft.

we are in the worst position in the nfl right now. worse than jacksonville because they at least have the 1st pick.

oh, and were already in cap trouble, imagine how much its gunna hurt to pay watt and kj.

how the f did we get here?
Season is not done, not close to it. They still control their destiny with a ton of AFC games ahead of them and 5 more division games ahead of them as well.

The record looks bad, the team looks bad, but the season is not done.
Old 10-14-2013   #47
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
and maybe we don't make the playoffs but we can start winning and maybe get to 9-7
That's pretty much worst case scenario, a bad draft pick, no playoffs, and Kubiak around even longer.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #48
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
That's pretty much worst case scenario, a bad draft pick, no playoffs, and Kubiak around even longer.

why would u think that how about 9-7 we hit on the draft pick fire kubes and go to the playoffs again next year ...???? wouldn't u like that
Old 10-14-2013   #49
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51680 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
can we get some confirm on this. i thought it was like a 13 mil cap hit next year?
It's only 3.5 million in dead money, but would free up 10 million against the cap. You can cut him and designate him as a June 1st cut and you're out next to nothing.
Old 10-14-2013   #50
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
and I root for them to fail, because whatever lands in that "one hand", you might as well grasp it, squeeze it, and throw it against the wall, because the outcome will still be the same. "wishing" for this team to turn in around is like believing in unicorns and believing in magic... they are non-existent and it isn't going to happen

I wish for this team to win also.. I just recognize the fact that they aren't going to win what I expect them to as currently constructed.
I have a MAGIC UNICORN and colored like a rainbow. Only you can't see him. Because he's MAGIC. I can see him though.

But for the rest of what you've posted in this post and the last several, yeah, I agree.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big52Hurt View Post
sup fellas?

maaan! I feel like we Ravens fans are in purgatory as well. our offense is pure garbage at the moment! we could have beaten the packers had the offense done something with the football when they had the chances. now, we're 3-3 and have to go into Pittsburg next week before our bye.
I hear ya. If Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Matt Schaub can win a Super Bowl.

I'm a little different. They put Matt Schaub out there & I'm going to root for him to have the best game of his career. If he's miraculously healed come Friday & he starts against the Chiefs, I'm rooting for him to grow a pair & kick some butt.

He's never been Tom Brady or Drew Brees, but he's had some games & he's played well at a high level. Well enough to win a Super Bowl, especially with the talent we've got around him. He hasn't been playing that way lately, left a lot of plays on the field, failed to throw a TD that was there for the taking...

If he didn't have Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, Ben Tate, Duane Brown, Chris Meyers... I can understand the frustration. But we've got them, we even went out & got him DeAndre Hopkins & Devier Posey. There's absolutely positively no reason we can not win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub & the team we've put around him. IF Flacco can win a Super Bowl, I'm going to root for Schaub to get his head out of his arse & out of Gary's butt & win a Super Bowl.

If Kubiak decides to go a different direction, that's fine. I'm rooting for whoever he throws out there.

With Matt, he better win the AFC Championship game, or he's out.

Without Matt, he better get there.
Old 10-14-2013   #52
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

What will happen is the Texans will eventually start winning a few games at the end of the season under Schaub most likely. They will look good against a good team or two and people will somehow start to get sold on the idea that they got their problems figured out and are on a strong pace. Kubiak will be accepted going into next season again after Bob reminds the fas that Kubiak isn't going anywhere and people will fall in love with the myth that Gary has learned from his mistakes going into next season. They will think that he feels like he has to start adapting to save his job, only his job won't be on the line. Only to fans. It would hurt Bob way to deeply to get rid of Gary Kubiak. And we'll be in Purgatory most likely until he does down the road at some point.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #53
Norg
Hall of Fame

if schaub plays well from here on out rather he starts or not IDK but anyways I think no matter what we are drafting a QB next year or getting one we like in F/a
Old 10-14-2013   #54
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We are two games back in the division with 10 games to go. Don't abandon all hope just yet.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #55
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
We are two games back in the division with 10 games to go. Don't abandon all hope just yet.
Colts are playing Denver, so that might increase the odds of us catching a game on them this week, if it weren't for than the nearly zero percent possibility we have of beating the Chiefs.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #56
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

So the Chargers just beat the Colts in San Diego, and well....we beat the chargers in SD, SOOOOOOOO therefore we will beat the Colts when we play them

What will happen is we'll lose a few more guys to some 6-8 wk injuries (hopefully not), Matt Schaub will wheel himself out there in his scooter to run the offense, we will win a game we were supposed to lose and then lose a bunch we're supposed to win (how is that possible, I know right) and miss the playoffs and...........

Mr. Mcnair will talk about all the adversity the team had --from injuries to an unfortunate string of turnovers and just bad luck --and you know its a competitive league and such, but "I have no doubt we'll be back in the hunt next year."

Old 10-15-2013   #57
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24666 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You live in Houston.

I'm not sure why, but the sports gods don't look favorably on Houston.
If I was God I would let houston win all the time just so I won't have to hear all those sad "Houston we have a problem" quotes/references.
Old 10-15-2013   #58
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I agree Scahub and Kubes have to go but just because they leave why do we have to give up on winning ..????
because if they win nothing will change and they won't go, it'll just be the same status quo. I don't want my team to lose, but if that's what it takes to get rid of these two, so be it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #59
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I think I found the problem..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #60
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember when the Oilers started 1-4 and ended 12-4. Crazy stuff happens. Especially with the way that season ended.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read