Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2013   #61
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

Jay Mohr is actually an amazingly talented radio performer, but you wouldn't know it from his unimpressive sports show. You have to catch him on Adam Carolla's podcast.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #62
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz2c9FbYsth

Making waves now because he called Tony Romo a loser. He's one to talk, biggest bust of a draft pick in our history and that's saying a lot. He needs to check himself before he goes around calling anyone a loser.
That honor goes to David Carr (as he was #1 overall..) and maybe even Amobi Okoye.

But TJ was pretty bad not gunna lie. Funny when he says Romo has not earned a dollar in the league...

Then again, we could have gotten Aaron Rodgers over TJ, so maybe he is the biggest bust...
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Travis Johnson just said he & the Texans thought, "As long as we've got David, how good are we going to be?"

I wonder how many Texans think that way about Schaub now. If we're thinking the Texans have been lackluster because of the QB play, surely there are some thinking that now. & if they are, they can't be too upset at the fans who were cheering when Matt got hurt. They were thinking the same thing.
Old 10-14-2013   #64
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Travis Johnson just said he & the Texans thought, "As long as we've got David, how good are we going to be?"

I wonder how many Texans think that way about Schaub now. If we're thinking the Texans have been lackluster because of the QB play, surely there are some thinking that now. & if they are, they can't be too upset at the fans who were cheering when Matt got hurt. They were thinking the same thing.
Time out.

It's one thing to not want a guy to be your qb...it's another to be happy when he goes down to injury.

I'm not going to lie....I was happy that Yates was getting a shot. I was not happy that Schaub had to get injured for that to happen.

But the thing is, I didn't get excited until Schaub was helped off. You can't cheer while a guy is laying on the ground. Not cool.

So that is where I would think the disconnect would be between the fans and some players that might not want Matt to be the guy anymore.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #65
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

But regarding Travis, I thought he had a couple good questions for Matt. He asked him about some throws he made when he got out of the pocket and he asked him about what he'd tell TJ and/or case if they had to start.

Btw, once again after a loss I give Matt and kubiak props for handling the questions like men.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #66
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz2c9FbYsth

Making waves now because he called Tony Romo a loser. He's one to talk, biggest bust of a draft pick in our history and that's saying a lot. He needs to check himself before he goes around calling anyone a loser.
Tony Boselli says Hi!
Old 10-14-2013   #67
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Tony Boselli says Hi!
Bosslli wasn't a draft pick. And in response to the person you were responding too, he wasn't the biggest draft bust we ever had either. That distinction easily goes to mittens.
Old 10-15-2013   #68
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Bosslli wasn't a draft pick. And in response to the person you were responding too, he wasn't the biggest draft bust we ever had either. That distinction easily goes to mittens.
Boselli was a draft pick... in the expansion draft, he was picked 1st overall.

However the biggest busts goes to Carr or Hollings.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #69
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr was a terrible pick but he was still in the NFL for years after he was drafted. Okoye was an awful pick but he produced far more than TJ.

And I still don't understand how people ***** about Boselli. The reason we were able to get Gary Walker and Seth Payne was because we agreed to take Boselli too, it's not like Boselli was our freaking entire expansion draft.

Hollings was a bust but only cost us a second round pick, we hardly ever get good players in the second round anyways.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #70
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Don't forget Okoye

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #71
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard TJ...i'm not impressed..trys too hard to be an entertaining.

Cooke & Kalu for me - unquestionably the best combo of giving you the real spit about the texans/NFL and knowledge of the game....quite funny at times to.

Payne & Meltzer - Don't get a chance to listen to them often but the little i've listened to them, Payne does a good job of keeping it real about what's going on with the texans...Meltzer....well, he's just there.

Palillo - so glad they got LZ outta there with him..just messes up the flow of the show...LZ's schitcks are tired. The only thing i don't like about his show is that he has the tendency to cut the callers off.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #72
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Every time I see Travis Johnson in person I always joke about how the Texans passed on Aaron Rodgers and selected him instead. He gives me the same, "I want to punch you in the face" smile every time. But then he snaps out of it like a calmer Mike Tyson before I start chanting, "bust! bust! bust!" LOL
Old 10-15-2013   #73
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Boselli was a draft pick... in the expansion draft, he was picked 1st overall.

However the biggest busts goes to Carr or Hollings.
Nah, Boselli by far, he never contributed anything at all, and was our very first attempt at picking a player. The only thing he gave us was Seth Payne and Gary Walker (our first year Pro Bowler, along with Glenn) whose contracts we had to eat in order to get Tony.

Carr had the ability, far more than Matt, just never got his head in it. I still blame Chris Palmer for being incompetent, and the entire organization for starting him too early and getting him and his confidence crushed ... over and over again.

Biggest bust, no contest ... Boselli.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #74
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

At least we got something for Boselli in Payne & Walker.

For me it's Bennie Joppru.. Like Boselli i don't believe he suited up 1 time..unlike Boselli, we got zilch for that kid.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

Cooke & Kalu for me - unquestionably the best combo of giving you the real spit about the texans/NFL and knowledge of the game....quite funny at times to.
Koch & Kalu are my favorites as well. But... they have no more insight to the Texans than you or I do. Other than the fact that they've played in the NFL & that Kalu played for Kubiak....

For instance, they both believe some of the players have lost faith & confidence in their coach/qb, but they clearly say it's their supposition, no one has told them as much.
Old 10-15-2013   #76
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr was a terrible pick but he was still in the NFL for years after he was drafted. Okoye was an awful pick but he produced far more than TJ.

And I still don't understand how people ***** about Boselli. The reason we were able to get Gary Walker and Seth Payne was because we agreed to take Boselli too, it's not like Boselli was our freaking entire expansion draft.

Hollings was a bust but only cost us a second round pick, we hardly ever get good players in the second round anyways.
We got the DROTY with a 2nd round pick
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #77
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Don't forget Okoye
That's my vote for biggest bust.

The franchise broke Carr. Whatever potential that boy had was continuously slammed out of him by a swiss cheese line until he heard phantom foot steps in his head.
Old 10-15-2013   #78
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
We got the DROTY with a 2nd round pick
Yeah, name all our other great players we've gotten with a 2nd rounder in our franchise history, which is why I said "hardly".

DB, I originally would've said Okoye was our biggest bust but I looked at the stats and Okoye had a much better career than TJ did and at least had some impact his rookie year, unlike TJ who did literally nothing.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #79
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Don't forget Okoye
Yup! The writing was on the wall when that peckerhead coach from Louisville didn't take him when Atlanta was on the clock.
Old 10-15-2013   #80
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5771 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

i usually only listen to sports radio after a team loses because the reaction of the fans is hilarious.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read