Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #181
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
LMAO Kubiak saying Schaub played better and moved the ball.
Matt Schaub will play next week if he can show he can stand up and at least move without limping.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #182
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread has served its purpose of deflecting attention away from Kubiak and the Texans pathetic performance yesterday and most of this season.
Old 10-14-2013   #183
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
This thread should pretty much put an end to all future threads bashing Cowboys fans.

Unreal.
Good point. Cowboy fandom + Jerrah + Switzer is what turned me into a Texan fan after 20 years of Cowboy fandom. I have been incredibly critical of them.

As a Texan fan, that moral high ground no longer resonates, that is for sure.
Old 10-14-2013   #184
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Good point. Cowboy fandom + Jerrah + Switzer is what turned me into a Texan fan after 20 years of Cowboy fandom. I have been incredibly critical of them.

As a Texan fan, that moral high ground no longer resonates, that is for sure.
Why do you feel the need for a moral high ground when it comes to cheering for a professional sports team.

All I care about is W/L. I cheer when they win and there hasn't been much to cheer about over on Kirby this yr. This team really could be 0-6. I get this feeling this season is going to be 2010 or worse if they cant beat Jacksonville.

Focus needs to be on what to do in the future, like firing Rick/Gary/Schaub etc.... too bad we cant fire BoB like we fired Bud.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #185
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Question, does the fact that some people are where they are bother you? If so, it shouldn't. Love life. Have fun. Business is the way it is.
Old 10-14-2013   #186
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
LMAO Kubiak saying Schaub played better and moved the ball.

What was Schaub's performance yesterday?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #187
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Why do you feel the need for a moral high ground when it comes to cheering for a professional sports team.

All I care about is W/L. I cheer when they win and there hasn't been much to cheer about over on Kirby this yr. This team really could be 0-6. I get this feeling this season is going to be 2010 or worse if they cant beat Jacksonville.

Focus needs to be on what to do in the future, like firing Rick/Gary/Schaub etc.... too bad we cant fire BoB like we fired Bud.
I don't "feel the need for a moral high ground"... However, I certainly care about things other than wins and losses. I would rather be 9-7 and like the guys I'm rooting for than 14-2 and not respect them as people... I know that all organizations have "good" guys and "bad" guys, but it is also clear that organizations have different value structures and priorities. I for one, love Bob McNair's organization right now, even in the midst of a disappointing season.

Of course, I'm still quite hopeful this season turns around. I think it has the potential to be a wonderful season and I am still four losses away from being convinced otherwise... Bright side, for instance, is that we will own almost every tie-breaker within the division and conference if we get to 9 or 10 wins- given that 3 of our 4 losses are to the NFC... I'm sure that seems like silly optimism to you, Steel, but the season remains fun for me until no hope remains. I still think 2009 was the most entertaining season as a fan. So, I'm sort of looking forward to this uphill climb that we are stuck hoping for.
Old 10-14-2013   #188
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31037 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Matt Schaub will play next week if he can show he can stand up and at least move without limping.
That maybe setting the bar too high. Schaub hasn't moved without limping since about 4th grade...
Old 10-14-2013   #189
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
This thread should pretty much put an end to all future threads bashing Cowboys fans.

Unreal.
As with the media, you can't allow the vocal minority to define the whole.

BTW, awesome Sledge Hammer avatar.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #190
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
This thread has served its purpose of deflecting attention away from Kubiak and the Texans pathetic performance yesterday and most of this season.
The Texans PR are doing a fine job of deflecting blame. Too many idiots being into the bull**** being spewed on Kirby.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #191
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

On 610 this evening, Schaub stated that he was NOT dealing with a KNEE injury, but said that he was dealing with both an ANKLE AND a FOOT injury.

He said that he felt and heard a "pop" when it happened. It therefore would have to be at least a Grade II......we just don't know how many of the 3 supporting ligaments are involved........and still don't know the extent of Lisfranc foot aggravation.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #192
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
On 610 this evening, Schaub stated that he was NOT dealing with a KNEE injury, but said that he was dealing with both an ANKLE AND a FOOT injury.

He said that he felt and heard a "pop" when it happened. It therefore would have to be at least a Grade II......we just don't know how many of the 3 supporting ligaments are involved........and still don't know the extent of Lisfranc foot aggravation.
Cloak, why are they calling him an end of the week decision then? Sounds fairly serious...
Old 10-14-2013   #193
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I don't have to wonder what many in the greater Houston area are thinking about Schaub...lol.

I got this off a friend's post on Facebook.

Old 10-14-2013   #194
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Cloak, why are they calling him an end of the week decision then? Sounds fairly serious...
Yeah, & what kind of injections are they talking about?
Old 10-14-2013   #195
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Just playing silly games. They think that KC will still have to prepare for all the Texans QBs, including Schaub. The type of injury that he described does not usually max out as far as swelling and pain at 24 hours, rather not until ~ 48 hours post injury..........despite taping and bracing and "injections. With his likely inability to even walk comfortably by Sunday, if they put him out there, they will have decided to complete the Roman Coliseum concept of having the Chiefs put a fork in him.
Old 10-15-2013   #196
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub took his last snap in a texans uniform on Sunday.

I'm no doctor, but I think win or lose this Sunday it doesn't make sense to go back to Matt. If we win, we should stick with whatever change we made. If we lose that about cements the season being over.

I don't see him playing the weekend. Not with how that ankle bent and based on what doc is saying.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #197
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i just feel like reiterating that it's absolutely disgusting to cheer an injury, and incomprehensible for the fan to show up at his house earlier this week. i get that many are angry at schaub, i am too. i get that a whole lot of folks would be glad if he came up with something relatively minor that kept him out of the game (a position i may or may not agree with). but that's not a robot at quarterback, it's a good man doing a job. a man who's great in the community. a man who once the helmet comes off is a husband and father. remember that the next time you get pissed off at a game.

houston has one of the greatest fan bases in the league. but we have a minority that rivals even philly with how nasty they can become.
Old 10-15-2013   #198
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think Schaub took his last snap in a texans uniform on Sunday.

I'm no doctor, but I think win or lose this Sunday it doesn't make sense to go back to Matt. If we win, we should stick with whatever change we made. If we lose that about cements the season being over.

I don't see him playing the weekend. Not with how that ankle bent and based on what doc is saying.
From our perspective... I agree with you. But if Gary truly thinks Schaub gives us the best chance, & I can't see how he would think that way, but... I wouldn't be surprised to see Schaub out there this Sunday.
Old 10-15-2013   #199
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yeah, & what kind of injections are they talking about?
Since these are all supposedly ligament injuries, I am sure they are speaking of Platelet-Rich Plasma injections (PRP). Although blood is mainly a liquid (called plasma), it also contains small solid components (red cells, white cells, and platelets.) The platelets are best known for their importance in clotting blood. However, platelets also contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors which are very important in the healing of injuries. PRP is plasma with many more platelets than what is typically found in blood. The concentration of platelets — and, thereby, the concentration of growth factors — can be 5 to 10 times greater (or richer) than usual. To develop a PRP preparation, blood must first be drawn from a patient. The platelets are separated from other blood cells and their concentration is increased through centrifugation. Then the increased concentration of platelets is combined with the remaining blood for injection.

Much of the publicity PRP therapy has received has been about the treatment of acute sports injuries, such as ligament and muscle injuries. PRP has been used to treat professional athletes with common sports injuries like pulled hamstring muscles in the thigh and knee sprains. There is no definitive scientific evidence, however, that PRP therapy actually improves the healing process in these types of injuries.

The exception seems to be in cases of chronic tendonitis. For example, in elbow tendonitis, a condition commonly seen in tennis players, the tendon can become swollen, inflamed, and painful. A mixture of PRP and local anesthetic can be injected directly into this inflamed tissue. As I've posted before, pain in a ligament injury site will classically increase NOT DECREASE through the 48 hour to 1 week postinjury period. After PRP injections, the pain at the area of injections will classically increase even more for the first week or two, and it may be several weeks before the patient begins to feel a beneficial effect.

Currently, however, the research studies to back up the claims in the media are totally lacking. Although PRP does appear to be effective in the treatment of specifically chronic tendon injuries about the elbow (example above), there needs to be much more scientific evidence before it can be determined whether PRP therapy is truly effective in any other conditions.
Old 10-15-2013   #200
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

So is the plan for Schaub to sit out the Chiefs game but then be ready for the Colts at home following the bye week? Why haven't the Texans signed a veteran free agent like Vince Young or Tim Tebow? Guys who at least have a winning record as a starter in this league and would be exciting to watch make plays, or should I say extending some plays with their legs if nothing else.

The Vikings were quick to pounce on Josh Freeman and the Bills already signed Matt Flynn. I just want somebody new for the rest of the season until we can draft somebody in April.

Of course Matt Schaub, sadly enough, is our best option right now. He's not exactly going up against stiff competition in T.J. Yates, who I'd argue is worse despite being more mobile, and Case Keenum - the kid is never even active on gamedays but I'd love to see what he can do.

Ultimately, I'm ready for the QB deep draft in April. There will be a handful of quarterbacks who could be potential franchise guys. We should be able to land one in the first or second round. Maybe even third round but I'd rather get somebody on day one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read