Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #101
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kubes is fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
In my heart I promise you I'm a big Texans fan. It's got so bad that when they lose I don't even feel anything anymore. Everyone deep down inside knows it's Coach and QB more than anything but we also know nothing will really change positive wise this season. What is there to look forward to regarding this team this year? Open ended question...
I really don't see anything to look forward to this year football wise. The schedule will get easier soon but what's the point in celebrating if all we can beat is the weak sisters? I take no joy in that.

I'll never root for the Cowboys....at least as long as Jones is the owner. Maybe I'll shift to the Saints. They're regional at least...
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #102
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #103
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Almost anybody would be better, but it would be best if we could seize Jack del Rio away from Denver. Jacksonville was a tough contender when he was there. Look what happened to them after they fired him. He used to outwit Kubes at every turn. Recall the success of the onside kick, the faked punt, and the hail Mary pass, all compared to the halfback pass the Texans tried against them.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #104
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Almost anybody would be better, but it would be best if we could seize Jack del Rio away from Denver. Jacksonville was a tough contender when he was there. Look what happened to them after they fired him. He used to outwit Kubes at every turn. Recall the success of the onside kick, the faked punt, and the hail Mary pass, all compared to the halfback pass the Texans tried against them.
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

His act wore thin in JAX with not only the players, but the fans as well.
Old 10-14-2013   #105
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only as long as the next axe he buys in from toys r us.
Old 10-14-2013   #106
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Del Rio is pretty good if you want your football coach to look like a futbol coach.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #107
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Del Rio is pretty good if you want your football coach to look like a futbol coach.

I think Delrio is going to end up at USC.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #108
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
I don't know how anyone who can recommend Del Rio could have any credibility on coach evaluation.

Barring this being a 4-5 win season I think there is almost no chance Kubiak is fired UNLESS McNair goes to Kubiak and says "I want X done but the final decision remains with you but understand if it doesn't work out you may be gone."

Putting that aside, I see absolutely no reason to expect an improvement out of many of the coaches being suggested especially the NFL retreads. Cowher is an exception except he has been out for seven seasons now - doubt he comes back unless one of the Harbaughs or Belichick has a heart attack.
Old 10-14-2013   #109
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Has a Houston NFL franchise ever had a black coach? Rick Smith may be enough to Bob McNair...
edit

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #110
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if there is a single coach that more than a 25% subset of this board would agree on as an upgrade. Each candidate has many, many detractors.

If Kubiak does get the ax, there will be a lot of discussion and then far more people upset rather than pleased with the choice.
Old 10-14-2013   #111
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Mack Brown might be available soon...
Old 10-14-2013   #112
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Just want whoever is the head coach to be able to identify THE BEST available QB in next years draft when we pick. We absolutely have to hit on our choice and bring him along properly.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #113
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Lovie Smith would be my choice, but I don't think Kubes is getting fired this season unless the team goes 5-11 or worse.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #114
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Lovie Smith would be my choice, but I don't think Kubes is getting fired this season unless the team goes 5-11 or worse.
Just like Kubiak: nice guy, mediocre coach. McNair will make a splash or just go with Wade......which scares me
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #115
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't understand why people keep wanting Lovie Smith. i mean here's a guy who had untold amount of years to solidfy the qb position in Chicago..ultimately couldn't do it & at one point was overly loyal to a certain former texans qb until the FO made him do something......still got him fired b/c he couldn't even anchor a successful offense with a better qb. This very Texans regime had no issues handling his teams over the years either.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #116
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't know how anyone who can recommend Del Rio could have any credibility on coach evaluation.

Barring this being a 4-5 win season I think there is almost no chance Kubiak is fired UNLESS McNair goes to Kubiak and says "I want X done but the final decision remains with you but understand if it doesn't work out you may be gone."

Putting that aside, I see absolutely no reason to expect an improvement out of many of the coaches being suggested especially the NFL retreads. Cowher is an exception except he has been out for seven seasons now - doubt he comes back unless one of the Harbaughs or Belichick has a heart attack.
At least he gave some reasons for his opinion. I don't see any argument to support yours.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #117
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak has already won....he's beatin' all of us....think about it...

He's managed to keep his job as an NFL HC for damn near a decade while being average at best, all while blaming himself week after week for every short coming.

I salute you master troll *bow down*
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #118
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Joani Crean
Old 10-14-2013   #119
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Who says I'm joking. Name one year where he has even won a conference title in NCAA. People around here are acting like he and his gimmick QB are second coming of Bellichek and Brady.
Then just leave now.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #120
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At least he gave some reasons for his opinion. I don't see any argument to support yours.
Well let's see:

He mismanaged QBs.
His teams were erratic.
His teams were undisciplined.
His temper tantrums were annoying.
Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Reggie Nelson, Derrick Harvey + a LT they just traded for a box of kittens and a TE in the 1st who hasn't been as productive as OD from the same draft.
With the exception of 2004-6 he failed to build a good D - and those were good mainly due to Coughlin draft picks Stroud and Henderson.

Oh and he was 65 - 63 with 1 playoff win.

Last edited by infantrycak; 10-14-2013 at 06:03 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read