Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #121
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Maybe you are confused so I will point out the difference here

Booing for poor play = understandable

Cheering for your player getting hurt = pathetic

what did u think would happen this has been building for months prob for years fans were going into the game mad at scahub LOL I don't see how this shocked people LOL ..?????? pathetic yeah I agree but it is what it is

Kansas city fans booed Matt cassle when he got knocked out ..?????

to me cheering or booing I like that it shows the fans still have hope they still care

Someone who just sits there and bees silent and the hole stadium is empty or crickets that's like oK they have givin up LOL or just don't care anymore LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #122
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
what did u think would happen this has been building for months prob for years fans were going into the game mad at scahub LOL I don't see how this shocked people LOL ..?????? pathetic yeah I agree but it is what it is
It is pathetic I agree

Quote:
Kansas city fans booed Matt cassle when he got knocked out ..?????
I couldnt care less what happend or happens in KC

Quote:
to me cheering or booing I like that it shows the fans still have hope they still care

Cheering injury does not show that you care

Quote:
Someone who just sits there and bees silent and the hole stadium is empty or crickets that's like oK they have givin up LOL or just don't care anymore LOL

So instead make some noise when one of your players goes down? Classy my friends real classy
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #123
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 4298 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i didn't boo but really I don't care what these players or the rest of the nation thinks period

to me some Houston fans are finally growing ballz and becoming more like the big city Fans whooo booo there players all the time NY PHILLY CHI

if players don't like it here go play for some citys and fans who are fairweather and really don't even give a care about football or have just lost faith St Louis Jags San deigo Carolina
Are were growing ballz? or getting their morals?
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #124
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home team fan View Post
Are were growing ballz? or getting their morals?
some Houston fans are changing that's all I can say

I can see why some fans are getting angry think of it Houston football has never won a SB so we have been down in the dumps since the 70's

I would think some of these older fans wont to "SEEEE""""" us win before they """DIEEE"""" just once LOL

IDK
Old 10-14-2013   #125
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure Matt's feelings were hurt with 29 million coming his way. He's got the last laugh.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #126
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I sure hope the Texans can get over fans being mean and "wrongly cheering" and injury. Not taking sides with the morons, but this is overplayed and overreacted. Some people are idiots...what's new? Texans need to focus on what's wrong with the team and not what's wrong with the Public Education system.
Exactly. + rep.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #127
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont approve of the cheering for Schaub when he got hurt but i am not surprised.
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #128
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
I sure hope the Texans can get over fans being mean and "wrongly cheering" and injury. Not taking sides with the morons, but this is overplayed and overreacted. Some people are idiots...what's new? Texans need to focus on what's wrong with the team and not what's wrong with the Public Education system.
+ 100% it's just another distraction from the real problem, no matter what area of life you are in you aren't going to make everyone happy, and they just need to ignore the noise and the media attention around it and get back to business.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #129
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
+ 100% it's just another distraction from the real problem, no matter what area of life you are in you aren't going to make everyone happy, and they just need to ignore the noise and the media attention around it and get back to business.
If players were running off giving unsolicited rants I might share a concern about them being distracted. As it is there are 50 microphones under their nose and they are being asked pointed questions. I can't fault them for answering honestly.
Old 10-14-2013   #130
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know which is more pathetic -- the guy who thinks that rich people deserve to be mocked when they are hurt or the guy who thinks NFL fans should act like convicted criminals.

The rationalizing makes my head hurt. Does that mean if you're a janitor you can fling crap on the field, since you clean it up for 30k a year and that guy makes millions?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #131
Norg
Hall of Fame

I don't think some people were cheering the fact that matt hurt his ankle I think they were cheering the fact that FInally scahub would be coming off the field.
Old 10-14-2013   #132
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The fan comments are a bit telling also. For example ...

I have done quite a few road trips and this quote doesn't surprise me. Since the team started making the playoffs I have been noticing an increasing amount of a certain element of fans traveling. I will just say ones that don't look like they are coming from the best neighborhoods in Houston.

In Jacksonville last season we had a row of Texans fans sitting a few rows down from us. They were wasted, yelling obscenities turning around mocking the Jags fans, etc. It was teeing me off because we were often the focus of the Jags fans retribution. It was pretty embarrassing.

I noticed some of this too in Nashville last season. Texans fans getting wasted the night before, mouthing off walking down the streets, etc.

Of course I am not referring to the long timers that I have seen travel for years. This element of fans are fairly new and obviously only going to be around when the team is winning.
I want you to explain to me EXACTLY what you mean by they "don't look like they are coming from the best neighborhoods in Houston". I would like to know what you mean. To me, it sounds like you are disparaging our Latino and/or black fanbase. Personally, I think both add a lot of flavor and love the tailgating scene at Reliant. Great food and music played.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #133
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I want you to explain to me EXACTLY what you mean by they "don't look like they are coming from the best neighborhoods in Houston". I would like to know what you mean. To me, it sounds like you are disparaging our Latino and/or black fanbase. Personally, I think both add a lot of flavor and love the tailgating scene at Reliant. Great food and music played.

it didnt look like he was talking about activities around reliant from what he was seeing in jacksonville or tenn
Old 10-14-2013   #134
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
it didnt look like he was talking about activities around reliant from what he was seeing in jacksonville or tenn
When you are referring to "not coming from the best neighborhoods" you are using a euphemism for race. Neighborhoods are often defined by the majority race. Come on man.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #135
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
When you are referring to "not coming from the best neighborhoods" you are using a euphemism for race. Neighborhoods are often defined by the majority race. Come on man.

he could have be referring to trailer parks

What I was pointing out what it seemed his comments were about other areas not the great food or music at reliant
Old 10-14-2013   #136
Norg
Hall of Fame

I used to love in back then when they would let anybody in to tailgate it was like Woodstock and I think more people bought tickets

now its kinda bare and empty
Old 10-14-2013   #137
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe I was referring to the Persian community.

In all seriousness, you would be wrong. I have seen a lot younger, rowdier crowd, some acting like "gangsta" wannabes, traveling to games of late.

FWIW, the jackass fans that were in front of me in Jacksonville where white and acting like white trash.

If I had an issue with the Latino community I probably wouldn't have married into it, learned the language, etc.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #138
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I used to love in back then when they would let anybody in to tailgate it was like Woodstock and I think more people bought tickets

now its kinda bare and empty
Really? It was a complete mess, was getting out of hand and came to a dangerous head when we played the cowboys. Its better, but its still a mess. Couple weeks back a big crew that didnt even go into the game, were having a massive party, fights broke out in front of us, and people were beating on our truck because we were honking horn to gtf out of the way. They could care less that we just lost in a bad way... And didnt even go to game. Just needed an excuse to party in a crowd, get rowdy in the parking lots, act tough, and cause a scene.

And unfortunately someone found a way to clone these large non attending game parties all over. Fun!!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #139
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Link

Quote:
Johnathan Joseph to fans who cheered Matt Schaubís injury: ĎDonít show the fĖ upí
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #140
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well yeah, it's lowest common denominator stuff in a sensationalized soundbite culture.

TBH, I think one of the reasons that it's being "overplayed and overreacted" by the media and players is simple. Right or wrong, they expected more from this fan base.

So when Houston fans start acting like bottom feeders, it's a bit surprising because there was a time when folks looked at this city's sports fans with some semblance of respect. For the most part, we used to have some standards and understand the basic rules of dignity. There were no riots or burning police cars when the Rockets won back-to-back championships. I think a broken window at a store was the worst of it, iirc.

Now a bunch of dolts get their liquid courage and vent their frustrations from living vapid lives at the folks they live vicariously through. They got nothing substantial in life, so they take it out like a bunch of petulant children throwing temper tantrums on their freakin' ENTERTAINERS. Because, truthfully, that's all players really are at the end of the day.

Yeah, obviously the team has bigger issues right now. But that does not excuse POS behavior by a bunch of slimeballs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read