Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #161
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 63162 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

This whole topic has been blown completely out of proportion, and a lot of it came from the players themselves. After yesterday's game, when asked by the media what they thought of fans' cheering Schaub's injury, a more appropriate player response would have been along the lines of "we really don't pay attention to that stuff. Some people are always going to find joy in others' misery. There will be fans who support us even when we aren't playing our best. So i'm not focused on that. What i am concerned with is how we can play better as a team and give our true fans something positive to cheer for. We need to do a better job on the field protecting Matt so those kinds of things don't happen. Before we start calling out fans over their actions we need to do a better job controlling our anger and frustration on the field so we can eliminate the stupid personal foul penalties that seem to happen every game."
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #162
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Better: We don't pay any attention to that, but we promise we see the problem and we're doing our best to get Matt cut.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #163
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
This whole topic has been blown completely out of proportion, and a lot of it came from the players themselves. After yesterday's game, when asked by the media what they thought of fans' cheering Schaub's injury, a more appropriate player response would have been along the lines of "we really don't pay attention to that stuff. Some people are always going to find joy in others' misery. There will be fans who support us even when we aren't playing our best. So i'm not focused on that. What i am concerned with is how we can play better as a team and give our true fans something positive to cheer for. We need to do a better job on the field protecting Matt so those kinds of things don't happen. Before we start calling out fans over their actions we need to do a better job controlling our anger and frustration on the field so we can eliminate the stupid personal foul penalties that seem to happen every game."

what a bunch of bs, their disgust with fans cheering an injury is totally separate from how they played or didnt play
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #164
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Are you kidding? Texans PR halting news and player interviews?
Like they stepped in and cut off interviews to Travis Johnson when he was going off on the lineman a few years ago that chopped him at the knees. They have done it before. I am not saying blocking access. Just telling them that the organization does not want the fans to be bashed anymore.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #165
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Like they stepped in and cut off interviews to Travis Johnson when he was going off on the lineman a few years ago that chopped him at the knees. They have done it before. I am not saying blocking access. Just telling them that the organization does not want the fans to be bashed anymore.

so they were going to stop news stations from running with stories ?

maybe they too were disgusted with the fan reaction
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #166
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: These guys make millions playing a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Look, this is apart of the job. Marines know what they are signing up for. You are playing in the g'damn NFL and can have generations of your family set if you're smart with the money. I'd take that deal anyday knowing I would get hurt.

You don't get it. I find this subject quite ironic after the recent titled threade: Accountability- which was targeted at Kubiak and the Texan organization not having any "accountability".

Ironic, because I am seeing fans not be accountable for their actions and behavior. Like you, for instance. The amount of money that a football player makes is entirely irrelevant from the discussion about whether people should treat one another with some level of respect and compassion. Fans that behaved as we have discussed were modeling the worst of humanity.

Attempting to argue that one's behavior towards another is acceptable simply because of some silly cost-benefit analysis illustrates a level of ignorance and a lack of accountability that is hard to understand.

For example, if I faced a near death experience resulting from a negligent doctor... but, due to that experience, my life and the life of my family was richer because of an increased value/appreciation for each day, I may eventually be "glad/grateful" for the experience of almost dying...

Still, I would not looking too kindly on that doctor justifying his actions by saying, "Hey, his life is better for it... He should be grateful it happened. I did him a favor. See how happy he is and how well his life is going, if anything, he owes me."
Old 10-14-2013   #167
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 63162 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
what a bunch of bs, their disgust with fans cheering an injury is totally separate from how they played or didnt play
What a bunch of horseshiit. I never said their disgust with fans impacted how they played in that game. I said they should remove themselves from that discussion and focus on the important matter at hand - the job they do to earn their paycheck going forward. When you play a professional sport you are under constant scrutiny by fans and media. The media will always look for a story, and fans booing an ineffective, injured quarterback can be a story. But to see players who are underperforming on the field, making stupid penalties out of frustration which could lead to injuries worse than Schaubs, then calling out fans for venting their own frustrations in a way that they didn't agree with is very sad. I'm not saying I agree with cheering for an injury. I'm just saying the players need to look in the mirror and around the locker room before they call out anyone at this point in their season. This was a topic the players should have left for the talking heads and message board warriors to fight about.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #168
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
You don't get it. I find this subject quite ironic after the recent titled threade: Accountability- which was targeted at Kubiak and the Texan organization not having any "accountability".

Ironic, because I am seeing fans not be accountable for their actions and behavior. Like you, for instance. The amount of money that a football player makes is entirely irrelevant from the discussion about whether people should treat one another with some level of respect and compassion. Fans that behaved as we have discussed were modeling the worst of humanity.

Attempting to argue that one's behavior towards another is acceptable simply because of some silly cost-benefit analysis illustrates a level of ignorance and a lack of accountability that is hard to understand.

For example, if I faced a near death experience resulting from a negligent doctor... but, due to that experience, my life and the life of my family was richer because of an increased value/appreciation for each day, I may eventually be "glad/grateful" for the experience of almost dying...

Still, I would not looking too kindly on that doctor justifying his actions by saying, "Hey, his life is better for it... He should be grateful it happened. I did him a favor. See how happy he is and how well his life is going, if anything, he owes me."
"wrongful booing" isn't exactly a criminal offense. It's low class, but just what "accountability" do you suggest? A warrant out for their arrest? A time-out in the Stadium corner? I think we as fans (and I'm not lumping the players in this), and the media are giving this way too much lip service. Yeah, it sucks so many people are just morons, but really, is it a revelation?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #169
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
"wrongful booing" isn't exactly a criminal offense. It's low class, but just what "accountability" do you suggest? A warrant out for their arrest? A time-out in the Stadium corner? I think we as fans (and I'm not lumping the players in this), and the media are giving this way too much lip service. Yeah, it sucks so many people are just morons, but really, is it a revelation?
I think they should get their ankles broken.

It's cool though. I'm not rooting for all the loudmouth fans to get hurt. Just the ones that make a lot of money. Also, it's not really bad because I just want other fans to get a chance to buy the tickets.
Dan B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #170
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look, this is apart of the job. Marines know what they are signing up for. You are playing in the g'damn NFL and can have generations of your family set if you're smart with the money. I'd take that deal anyday knowing I would get hurt.
You're relying way too much on the income argument to justify crappy behavior. First of all, expectations of respect do not change because someone makes more money than you. Secondly, you should focus on yourself and being a decent person regardless of other people and their status. You're making excuses for people to act like douches.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #171
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Vinny, I have booed at the stadium. I'm not opposed to booing. What is troublesome and a bit revelatory for me are all the fans' justifications for their behavior. Particularly, this concept that their jealousy justifies treating another human being anyone they choose. I've seen this a lot: "they make a ton of money, so ..."

I wonder how the same people making that justification would feel if minority groups practiced that mentality: "he's a white male-and has every privilege in society, so I'll steal from him if I want to... he still has more money than I'll ever have."

There was a lot of hate evidenced by the fans on Sunday. It's hard to put a finger on a specific action but it was clear. I thought it was ill-advised to boo Schaub at the beginning of the game (not sure how that is good for the team). I found it revealing that the loudest booing of the game was directed at Schaub immediately after the K.Martin fumble and TD return... There is something appalling about a group of people channeling all their frustration and anger towards one person, who clearly is not primarily at fault. I guess that's it- when the booing was no longer voicing displeasure at/towards things that are reasonable... once it was clearly about hate and no longer had logical merit, I think many people recognized something was very wrong.
Old 10-14-2013   #172
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

No one is forcing Matt to play in the NFL. It's his choice. He's made plenty of money during his tenure to invest into doing something else. He hasn't done anything heroic like a fire fighter, cop, or soldier. He plays a position that gets pounded in a contact sport and he makes way more money than 99% of us will ever see. Am I going to feel bad for a hurt cage diver who's getting into chum-filled water around Great Whites? No. Am I going to feel bad for a hurt animal handler who deals with large cats? No. These people choose their profession knowing the consequences. They are VERY rich pawns in a violent game.

I would understand the outrage if he was laying there out cold, but that didn't happen and it was his ankle. Call me desensitized. I don't care.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #173
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No one is forcing Matt to play in the NFL. It's his choice. He's made plenty of money during his tenure to invest into doing something else. He hasn't done anything heroic like a fire fighter, cop, or soldier. He plays a position that gets pounded in a contact sport and he makes way more money than 99% of us will ever see. Am I going to feel bad for a hurt cage diver who's getting into chum-filled water around Great Whites? No. Am I going to feel bad for a hurt animal handler who deals with large cats? No. These people choose their profession knowing the consequences. They are VERY rich pawns in a violent game.

I would understand the outrage if he was laying there out cold, but that didn't happen and it was his ankle. Call me desensitized. I don't care.
Can I just call you classless? Because thats what we are really talking about here aren't we?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #174
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They're still people. You should focus on yourself and not try to rationalize douchery.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #175
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
He has been complaining about the fans for weeks now so it's the same thing smart guy. What do you think those big tv screens are up for in the stadium. All I'm simply saying is as a professional or team who cares what the fans are doing? Get your priorities straight on the football field then at that point everyone is happy. Fans pay to see the game and players get paid to play the game that hasn't changed. Players and coaches need to do their jobs regardless of the negativity of people viewing the game this is another mental weakness going on with this franchise especially with Schaub who I believe is straight up scared.
I'd be willing to bet when Andre has been "complaining" about the fans, it's been to direct questions from the media. "How do you feel about fans cheering Matt's injury?" What do you expect him to say? I honestly haven't seen him complaining about the fans in the past few weeks, you may very well be right. I'd love to see the actual interview questions though for context.

Smart guy.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #176
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some were booing because they know with Matt out then it hurts their chances with their defense in fantasy football to score some major points in league play

Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #177
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it ironic that Cushing is calling those 'Schaub injury cheering fans' barbaric. Has he watched his mic'ed up videos lately? el oh el

Alot of Texans fans have been very patient, paid alot of money and spent alot of their free time following and cheering on this team as they take baby steps towards their goal.

Whether or not you agree with a fans reaction I think the real story is the Texans organization flushing another year down the toilet right before your eyes. They have the coaching, they have the roster and they have the home field advantage and now they have a 4 game losing streak. Its sad. And all you are going to get is an "aw shucks" and "see you next year. Bring money."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #178
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

LMAO Kubiak saying Schaub played better and moved the ball.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #179
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 4m
Schaub starting at KC will be an end of the week decision. "I'll prepare both Case and T.J." Kubiak #Texans
There is no way Schaub will play Sunday. His ankle was twisted almost 180 degrees!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #180
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread should pretty much put an end to all future threads bashing Cowboys fans.

Unreal.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read