Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #101
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
This basically goes for all nfl teams and their fans, sad thing is if they said that i would no longer watch the NFL. We pay their salaries regardless of how you look at it, so yeah i believe teams do owe their fans a trophy. Without us watching they arent making millions cause the NFL wouldnt exist. Goes hand and hand

no one owes you a trophy, go play teeball at the Y if you are in need of a trophy as it is part of that deal
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #102
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 89275 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Thats not a normal function of attending a football game as a fan or player. Taking a ****ty 24k a year job you are expecting those things to happen
Haha so making 24K a year u deserve it ? And making 100K to millions a year u cant get ice thrown at you ? Cheering when Schaub went down is one thing but making a big deal about a few pieces of ice is retarded.
Old 10-14-2013   #103
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no one owes you a trophy, go play teeball at the Y if you are in need of a trophy as it is part of that deal
If that's the case do what the Oilers did... leave. Take the good ol boy system somewhere else. That's how I feel. You play to win if I'm not seeing that I rather the organization not exist.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #104
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope the Texans can get over fans being mean and "wrongly cheering" and injury. Not taking sides with the morons, but this is overplayed and overreacted. Some people are idiots...what's new? Texans need to focus on what's wrong with the team and not what's wrong with the Public Education system.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #105
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
The only thing sports fans remember at the end of the day is were you a winner or a loser.
Maybe you should find a different hobby? If wins/losses determine your happiness then I feel sorry for you. Or maybe work out, run fast and try out for the team? Instead of puffing your chest out and making such a statement because it really is a Neanderthal way of thought.
Old 10-14-2013   #106
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you cheer for your boxer to get knocked out? Stop with your stupid analogy it doenst work
You cheer for the other boxer to get knocked out obviously. Doesn't matter. Whether you cheer for your player or the other player to get hurt, you still cheer for an injury. Same with boxing.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #107
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 89275 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then we dont owe the players anything, including respect. This is a two way street, we dont pay their salaries to watch them lose. And yes we do pay their salaries. Ask the jags about not having fan support.
Old 10-14-2013   #108
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only thing you were entitled to was a team coming to town. You got that. Then if you buy tickets you are entitled to go watch the game. Thats it and nothing more

You can boo all you want
This is what got Bud run out of town.

I would rather have no football in Houston than an inept org.

You seem to be OK with the way things are going down over on Kirby.

You're right fans aren't entitled to a good on field product. But Bob is entitled to feel the heat for putting a crap product on the field. This only the begining of the heat that BoB is going to feel when his org goes in the crapper.

How do you think it's going to be at Reliant after the Texans lose to KC and Indy and they deserve all of the crap they get.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #109
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
A good list of quotes from Texans players:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...schaub-injury/
The fan comments are a bit telling also. For example ...

Quote:
I remember last year when the Texans played here in Chicago-I was disgusted at how they carried themselves the night before the game.

Cornering Bears fans in bars, pissing all over the floors of the bathrooms…blatantly rude and obnoxious.

Their behavior on Sunday was unfortunately not surprising to me at all.

(*I am sure that this does not encompass the entire fan base, but, this is where the ‘stereotype’ comes from)
I have done quite a few road trips and this quote doesn't surprise me. Since the team started making the playoffs I have been noticing an increasing amount of a certain element of fans traveling. I will just say ones that don't look like they are coming from the best neighborhoods in Houston.

In Jacksonville last season we had a row of Texans fans sitting a few rows down from us. They were wasted, yelling obscenities turning around mocking the Jags fans, etc. It was teeing me off because we were often the focus of the Jags fans retribution. It was pretty embarrassing.

I noticed some of this too in Nashville last season. Texans fans getting wasted the night before, mouthing off walking down the streets, etc.

Of course I am not referring to the long timers that I have seen travel for years. This element of fans are fairly new and obviously only going to be around when the team is winning.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #110
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If that's the case do what the Oilers did... leave. Take the good ol boy system somewhere else. That's how I feel. You play to win if I'm not seeing that I rather the organization not exist.
I really don't consider this kind of an attitude aligned with being a "real fan" for whatever that is worth. Sounds more like a bandwagon fan to me. I have followed Houston football since back to back 1-13 Oiler seasons and it hurt to see the team leave. Football is about peaks and valleys. Real fans go through them all...bandwagon fans just want to pick the meat out of the stew.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #111
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha so making 24K a year u deserve it ? And making 100K to millions a year u cant get ice thrown at you ? Cheering when Schaub went down is one thing but making a big deal about a few pieces of ice is retarded.

I didnt say anyone deserved it however it is normal part of the job working in a jail. Playing in the NFL its not normal to have anything but a ball thrown at you
Old 10-14-2013   #112
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

They get they're asses handed to them yesterday, and all they can complain about is us fans? How bout they complain about a no name running back running it down their collective throats? They too can stay home if they aren't going to show the hell up.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #113
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The fan comments are a bit telling also. For example ...

I have done quite a few road trips and this quote doesn't surprise me. Since the team started making the playoffs I have been noticing an increasing amount of a certain element of fans traveling. I will just say ones that don't look like they are coming from the best neighborhoods in Houston.

In Jacksonville last season we had a row of Texans fans sitting a few rows down from us. They were wasted, yelling obscenities turning around mocking the Jags fans, etc. It was teeing me off because we were often the focus of the Jags fans retribution. It was pretty embarrassing.

I noticed some of this too in Nashville last season. Texans fans getting wasted the night before, mouthing off walking down the streets, etc.

Of course I am not referring to the long timers that I have seen travel for years. This element of fans are fairly new and obviously only going to be around when the team is winning.
I know exactly the "element" you speak of.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #114
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I sure hope the Texans can get over fans being mean and "wrongly cheering" and injury. Not taking sides with the morons, but this is overplayed and overreacted. Some people are idiots...what's new? Texans need to focus on what's wrong with the team and not what's wrong with the Public Education system.

QFT
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #115
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i didn't boo but really I don't care what these players or the rest of the nation thinks period

to me some Houston fans are finally growing ballz and becoming more like the big city Fans whooo booo there players all the time NY PHILLY CHI

if players don't like it here go play for some citys and fans who are fairweather and really don't even give a care about football or have just lost faith St Louis Jags San deigo Carolina
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #116
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Then we dont owe the players anything, including respect. This is a two way street, we dont pay their salaries to watch them lose. And yes we do pay their salaries. Ask the jags about not having fan support.

You dont pay the players, the Texans do. The jags fans? Hmm are the jags having a hard time making payroll?
Old 10-14-2013   #117
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i didn't boo but really I don't care what these players or the rest of the nation thinks period

to me some Houston fans are finally growing ballz and becoming more like the big city Fans whooo booo there players all the time NY PHILLY CHI

if players don't like it here go play for some citys and fans who are fairweather and really don't even give a care about football or have just lost faith St Louis Jags San deigo Carolina

Maybe you are confused so I will point out the difference here

Booing for poor play = understandable

Cheering for your player getting hurt = pathetic
Old 10-14-2013   #118
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
You cheer for the other boxer to get knocked out obviously. Doesn't matter. Whether you cheer for your player or the other player to get hurt, you still cheer for an injury. Same with boxing.

Getting knocked out doesnt mean you suffered an injury. In two sports it is a major objective in both of them, in the nfl it is not.
Old 10-14-2013   #119
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This is what got Bud run out of town.

I would rather have no football in Houston than an inept org.

You seem to be OK with the way things are going down over on Kirby.

You're right fans aren't entitled to a good on field product. But Bob is entitled to feel the heat for putting a crap product on the field. This only the begining of the heat that BoB is going to feel when his org goes in the crapper.

How do you think it's going to be at Reliant after the Texans lose to KC and Indy and they deserve all of the crap they get.

You two should find another team
Old 10-14-2013   #120
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't chime in a lot, BUT I have told people for along time the we have the biggest collection of role models and classy players in the NFL. I have always been loyal to my teams ( Oilers, Aggies, Astros and the Texans). I was not at the game but I hope the fans that were cheering were a small amount of fans. We see morals breaking down more and more every day. Sports are a good way to teach our children good life lessons and morals. I'm sure that the fans that were cheering are the same kind of adults that might try to start a fight at a little league game. Until now I thought our fan base had the same standard of class as our team. I would rather loose every game than have a bunch of thugs on our team and have to explain why to my children. To the rest of Houston that fill like I do, stay classy. That is why I love our team and our city.
Yes I want to win every game, but refuse to give up my morals to do it. Have a great day Houston!!!
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read