Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #41
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Thing is noone knows what he is or what he can be until he is given a real shot. Right now you are assuming he isnt starter material. But thats jusrt a guess, we atleast need to let him prove us right or wrong.

no fans know but you know people that work in the arena of professional football have a pretty good idea. Not every 3rd stringer gets a chance and there is a reason for that
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #42
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I find their performance on the field rather disgusting. Not that I'm condoning what happened yesterday, you can't keep hyping the same garbage product and expect folks to be satisfied with it.

their performance is irrelevant to cheering someone getting hurt, dont be satisfied with what you are watching thats fine
Old 10-14-2013   #43
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
So every third or fourth stringer has a legit shot at being Brady? Lets get real how many undrafted QBs have there been in the league and how many have gone on to have meaningful starting careers? He didnt go undrafted for no reason and he isnt sitting 3rd for some conspiracy theory either. Maybe he isnt terrible but not starter material either
I never said "every third or fourth stringer has a legit shot at being Brady." Dont try and put words in my mouth. Try re-reading my response and the comments I was responding to.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #44
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I see that "TexansFight" got his wish about Texans fans being more like Eagles fans.

Looks like it is official now. Anyone bringing in batteries to the next home game? Since it doesn't snow maybe chunk your snow cones at the players?
It was freaking ice, oh lord i'm sure they are ok. I used to get crap and piss thrown on me daily at work for 24K a year, i'm sure these grown men will live through the trauma of having ice thrown at them. Might need some counciling or theorapy but i'm sure they can pull through
Old 10-14-2013   #45
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
If he is "terrible" then why is he even on the roster? And the idea that being 3rd string is a reason not to start a QB is ludicrous. There is this one guy named Tom Brady who started out as the 4th string QB. I CANT BELIEVE THEY GAVE THAT GUY A SHOT!
Outside of Romo and Brady, pretty much every late-round/undrafted QB is where they are because they suck. Romo worked his way to the backup spot over a few years. So did Brady. They didn't get tossed the keys straight out of college after Bledsoe went down. Romo and Brady also had the tools to be NFL QBs one day. Keenum is a midget that put up great numbers in Conference USA over the 16 years he was at U of H.

If he played at Alcorn State in college, would there be clamoring for him to start? Nope. UH fanboys (they have fans?) are crying for Case because he's a hometown guy.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #46
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

It was classless. Even our opponents think so...

Chris Long ‏@JOEL9ONE
Quote:
If I had known Matt was hurt I wouldn't have even celebrated the play. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

If you were at Reliant stadium and cheered Matt's injury, you are a poor representation of your fan base and a bad example to young fans.
This city doesn't deserve a championship.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #47
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You cant say Case is a better option. The conspiracy theorist over Case are amusing. There is a reason he isnt starting and there is a reason he isnt number #2 and Id be willing to bet it has a hell of a lot more to do with his body of work on and off the field around the Texans staff
Now after saying all this and believing it... if Case Keenum comes out and plays great. At that point you will finally and truly understand that Gary Kubiak is a complete idiot. I hope Case somehow gets the chance.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #48
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Because he's the 3rd string QB and is terrible maybe?

TJ Yates has started some games and beat out Keenum for the job.

We need to get the VY and Keenum fanboys together so they can have a terrible QB slap flight.
based on what pre-season games? That is just assinine. No way you can say Keenum is terrible UNTIL he gets a legit shot at running this offense, until then Kubiak needs to input all variables into solving this equation at QB...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #49
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Outside of Romo and Brady, pretty much every late-round/undrafted QB is where they are because they suck. Romo worked his way to the backup spot over a few years. So did Brady. They didn't get tossed the keys straight out of college after Bledsoe went down. Romo and Brady also had the tools to be NFL QBs one day. Keenum is a midget that put up great numbers in Conference USA over the 16 years he was at U of H.

If he played at Alcorn State in college, would there be clamoring for him to start? Nope. UH fanboys (they have fans?) are crying for Case because he's a hometown guy.
There are people on espn saying they should give Case a shot over Yates. It's not just people being homers logically in a situation of this type you need to see what all you have instead of having this pessimistic attitude that he isn't going to succeed when the guy hasn't been given the opportunity yet.
Old 10-14-2013   #50
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

On TV you couldn't hear much cheering at all. I would venture to say the fans that were cheering, were doing so because Matt was leaving the game, not because he was hurt. I was happy to see the play happen, not because a human was in pain and suffering, but because it might give my team a better chance to win.

I don't want Matt or anyone else to be hurt, but hope he goes on season ending IR, just so we might have the chance to see what Case is capable of. You don't have to be classless, or cold-hearted to have cheered that he left the game yesterday. That is the way I see it, they were cheering that he was leaving, not that he was hurt.

As for the fans throwing ice, that's altogether stupid ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #51
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
It was freaking ice, oh lord i'm sure they are ok. I used to get crap and piss thrown on me daily at work for 24K a year, i'm sure these grown men will live through the trauma of having ice thrown at them. Might need some counciling or theorapy but i'm sure they can pull through

you made a choice to work in a prison for 24k a year? well thats a bummer
Old 10-14-2013   #52
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Now after saying all this and believing it... if Case Keenum comes out and plays great. At that point you will finally and truly understand that Gary Kubiak is a complete idiot. I hope Case somehow gets the chance.

and if Case doesnt play well the homers can just blame Gary. Its like the VY club building under a new name
Old 10-14-2013   #53
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
their performance is irrelevant to cheering someone getting hurt, dont be satisfied with what you are watching thats fine
The money these players receive from the fans buying tickets is very relevant though.
Old 10-14-2013   #54
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
On TV you couldn't hear much cheering at all. I would venture to say the fans that were cheering, were doing so because Matt was leaving the game, not because he was hurt. I was happy to see the play happen, not because a human was in pain and suffering, but because it might give my team a better chance to win.

I don't want Matt or anyone else to be hurt, but hope he goes on season ending IR, just so we might have the chance to see what Case is capable of. You don't have to be classless, or cold-hearted to have cheered that he left the game yesterday. That is the way I see it, they were cheering that he was leaving, not that he was hurt.

As for the fans throwing ice, that's altogether stupid ...

Huh?? Not sure what yor TV set up is, but for me it was very easy to hear the cheering as soon as the fans saw Schaub was rolling around on the ground in pain. Not even debatable for me.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #55
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
It was classless. Even our opponents think so...

Chris Long ‏@JOEL9ONE

This city doesn't deserve a championship.
No fan should EVER cheer for an injury, on either team. That being said, this city doesn't deserve having to watch this hot garbage called the Houston Texans week in and week out...

It is a simple case of which came first the egg or he chicken. If the Texans are not facing a 4 game losing streak, Matt Schaub's last name isn't known as a verb when a QB throws a pick 6, and Gary Kubiak isn't the idiot HC we ALL know he is...

Would fans be so disgruntle to the point they cheer for an injured player?

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #56
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

hey hey hey......easy on UH fans....i went to UH & i want Case to succeed as much as the next UH fan but don't lump me in with the Keenum brigade.

The reason is b/c the numbers simply aren't in our favor that he'll be anything more than a good back up in this league. And as little faith as i currently have in Kubiak, i can't believe that he'd be that stupid....that stubborn.....to keep a guy he believes is a potential starter..not even active on game days..that is the epitome of incompetence.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #57
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The money these players receive from the fans buying tickets is very relevant though.

Oh you are their employer so you should have a right to cheer when they go down? I got it now. You arent the owner, part owner or have any right to the team
Old 10-14-2013   #58
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So lets be clear. You are completely fine with cheering for player injuries.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #59
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
No fan should EVER cheer for an injury, on either team. That being said, this city doesn't deserve having to watch this hot garbage called the Houston Texans week in and week out...

It is a simple case of which came first the egg or he chicken. If the Texans are not facing a 4 game losing streak, Matt Schaub's last name isn't known as a verb when a QB throws a pick 6, and Gary Kubiak isn't the idiot HC we ALL know he is...

Would fans be so disgruntle to the point they cheer for an injured player?

you dont deserve anything in the way of good sports
Old 10-14-2013   #60
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I never said "every third or fourth stringer has a legit shot at being Brady." Dont try and put words in my mouth. Try re-reading my response and the comments I was responding to.

So why do you bring a unicorn up in the first place? The Brady situation is not comparable to Case

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read