Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #141
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Sorry, especially fueled by alcohol and the safety of being in a large group, is nothing new. Fans in KC did the same thing with Cassell a year or two ago. My first NFL game was a Cleveland/Pittsburg feast of in stadium jersey burning, shoving matches and rampant drunkenness. this was in 1980.

Given that some people on this board have had at least a tacit "wanting" for a Schuab injury, an open celebration by a few is not a surprise.
Old 10-14-2013   #142
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the fact that ANY fan would cheer for one of their OWN players getting hurt....But I understand....

Had Gary Kubiak had the balls to do what he should have done last week and pulled Matt Schaub, we are not talking about this. However, Gary Kubiak went with who he thought gave the Texans the best chance to win, fans thought he was wrong and expressed their displeasure of that decision in a very classless way.

Irony is, Kubiak and the fans BOTH got it wrong. Schaub nor Yates are the answer and we do not know about Keenum cause Kubiak will not let him play...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #143
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I am going to try not to fall into the trap of over generalizing here. I think in the best of times many players think fans rate somewhere between "pains in the butt" to "a necessary evil". Having them lash out at fans during this frustrating season doesn't surprise me. The fans that cheered Schaub's injury gives them an excuse, but I think they are painting the entire fan base with too broad a brush.

For the record I think booing an injury is classless. I don't see much use in booing anything - bad plays, bad calls, whatever.
Great post. Everything said here is true. Fans are a pain, and when a vocal fraction of them expresses dissatisfaction with a player while the players is trying to work, it takes too much self control for the player to not vent.

What's also unfortunate is that all media is reporting this like the entire stadium erupted when Schaub went down. People who attended the game say otherwise. I'm certain that any fanbase for any team is going to have a portion of fans that act like uncivilized trash. Think of the way that Green Bay fans cursed and spit at Aaron Rodgers when Brett Favre was being forced out of the organization, or the way that KC fans cheered Matt Cassel when he got hurt last year. Every city has trash, and this is how they act, and it's unfair to project that on to an entire fanbase.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #144
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Speak for yourself brother. I get absolutely hammered.......... but I would never get out of line, either.

Inherently people are dicks and ****ey people or they are not dicks and ****ey people.
^^^^
This

It's not about Schaub getting booed, it's about change. A long overdue change.
You're next man up Gary, if this season goes the way I think it's headed. The reason so many fans are bitter is the fact that unless the fanbase turns against the team there will be no change from BoB. (It may be too traumatic.)

BTW, I didn't boo at the game yesterday. But I understand why the loyal fanbase of the HOUSTON TEXANS booed. They've about had enough of the mediocrity.

Also, did anybody catch Vandermeer on the radio saying the 1st time the Texans were in the redzone and jumped offsides it was because the fans were too loud. What BS, it's the excuse making by the Texans org that's sickening.

They are the ones that portrayed themselves as SB contenders. Obviously they're not going to get a sniff of a SB and should have to live with the consequences.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #145
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

It's not about Schaub getting booed, it's about change. A long overdue change.
You're next man up Gary, if this season goes the way I think it's headed. The reason so many fans are bitter is the fact that unless the fanbase turns against the team there will be no change from BoB. (It may be too traumatic.)

BTW, I didn't boo at the game yesterday. But I understand why the loyal fanbase of the HOUSTON TEXANS booed. They've about had enough of the mediocrity.

Also, did anybody catch Vandermeer on the radio saying the 1st time the Texans were in the redzone and jumped offsides it was because the fans were too loud. What BS, it's the excuse making by the Texans org that's sickening.

They are the ones that portrayed themselves as SB contenders. Obviously they're not going to get a sniff of a SB and should have to live with the consequences.
Great post. You know when things were going swimmingly, especially last season when we were 11-1, you didn't hear a peep from the players or other fans complaining about Texans fans. IMO, a lot of "holier than thou" fans turn their frustration they have with losing not on to the organization where it is deserved but invariably look to blame the fans. It is like being rational and critical of the team would upset their apple cart too much.

If the players and coaches did their jobs, this wouldn't be an issue. I too am pissed off that the Texans management is actively ****ting on their fans to deflect blame. Whoever is in charge of Texans PR needs to be fired TODAY with the bull**** "angry mob accosting Schaub" at his home BS last week and not muzzling the players but rather feeding their uninformed opinions about the fans.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #146
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Great post. You know when things were going swimmingly, especially last season when we were 11-1, you didn't hear a peep from the players or other fans complaining about Texans fans. IMO, a lot of "holier than thou" fans turn their frustration they have with losing not on to the organization where it is deserved but invariably look to blame the fans. It is like being rational and critical of the team would upset their apple cart too much.

If the players and coaches did their jobs, this wouldn't be an issue. I too am pissed off that the Texans management is actively ****ting on their fans to deflect blame. Whoever is in charge of Texans PR needs to be fired TODAY with the bull**** "angry mob accosting Schaub" at his home BS last week and not muzzling the players but rather feeding their uninformed opinions about the fans.

Are you kidding? Texans PR halting news and player interviews?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #147
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post

It's not an uninformed opinion if it actually happened. I heard thru the TV a noticeable amount of cheering and clapping immediately after they showed schaub rolling around on the ground....Dude was sacked & there was 0 to be cheering about in that situation. & twist it how you want but that is classless. Not saying it was every fan in the stadium but still.......if i heard it thru the TV, you damn well know the players on the field heard it.

Now a short time after that, the cheering and clapping you could argue either way but hey, there is vitrually no doubt some of the fans cheered when that guy went down with an injury...& i think the players were speaking more to that than anything.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #148
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Why is that some sort of imaginary line to draw? He is not permanently injured.
Tell me when it is OK to cheer or boo then?
Why is it ever OK to boo? Why is it OK to cheer an interception by the opposing team? Don't you think Sam Bradford's feelings are hurt when that happens? Why is it OK to cheer his misfortune?
How is the tangible hurt of a sprained ankle that will be recovered from in three weeks any different than the intangible hurt that one gets from throwing a pick six and then getting booed?

I was raised just like you were raised, but...
This guy is making millions of dollars to play a game.

If he can't handle a twisted ankle....then shame on him....
Are you seriously comparing an INT to someone getting physically injured? You're legitimately using that comparison in an argument?

If the game were removed and Schaub was just a guy walking down the street and he got his ankle rolled like that, people would think you were a sociopath if you watched and cheered regardless of his income or profession. This shouldn't change in a football game.

I have no qualms with people cheering the change, but cheering a man getting hurt is terrible. I have no idea why I'm having to explain that idea to anyone.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #149
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: These guys make millions playing a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Hah, I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll try to make this short and sweet.

I just find it hilarious and asinine that people care so much about the emotional feelings of someone who has already made more money than they should in a lifetime by playing a sport. There is so much wrong in the world while these babied athletes reap all the benefits, but as soon as the boo's or cheers for another QB come out, it's absolutely wrong and "disgusting." Why would it even matter to you? Schaub doesn't care what you think or feel. He's already won by getting a NFL deal. In fact, that just goes to show how inept people are about seeing the big picture. These athletes already made it.

Stop feeling bad for him. Injuries come with the sport. If Schaub was seriously injured, I wouldn't cheer. He rolled a damn ankle. He wasn't carted off.
It's not about how much money they make you ****ing piece of ****. You are an embarrassment to the city of Houston.
Old 10-14-2013   #150
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
It's not about how much money they make you ****ing piece of ****. You are an embarrassment to the city of Houston.
Tough titty. It's exactly why they play. The lights, the fame, and the money is stupid good. If he got Trent Green'd, I get all the fuss. But its an ankle. Now Schaub gets to take a couple weeks off while smiling at his bank account. Man, what a rough life..
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #151
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tough titty. It's exactly why they play. The lights, the fame, and the money is stupid good. If he got Trent Green'd, I get all the fuss. But its an ankle. Now Schaub gets to take a couple weeks off while smiling at his bank account. Man, what a rough life..

So if he only made 40k a year this would somehow be different?

This series of events really show off the idiots
Old 10-14-2013   #152
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What the injury is does not matter. The fans did not know the injury when they cheered. That is just a BS worthless argument.
Old 10-14-2013   #153
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post

Look, this is apart of the job. Marines know what they are signing up for. You are playing in the g'damn NFL and can have generations of your family set if you're smart with the money. I'd take that deal anyday knowing I would get hurt.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #154
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What does his salary have to do with cheering when he gets injured? Should we celebrate if Bill Gates breaks his leg? Throw a parade if Warren Buffet dislocates his shoulder?

Your justification is bad and you should feel bad. </zoidberg>
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #155
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, if he made 40K a year he'd be sitting behind a desk and fans of the Houston Texans wouldn't even know his name. They certainly wouldn't boo him after an ankle injury during a local flag football match because he'd be inconsequential to the success of the Texans.

These guys are paid a lot of money to play under the heat of the bright lights of the NFL. So, yes, it'd invariably be a different story.

Add that to years of disappointment and frustration with the Texans and the previous NFL history in town and you have the ingredients for a disastrous situation.
Dishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #156
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously how weak is it that as players you dog out the fans... the comments by the players are ridiculous. In this situation of playing horrible on the field in embarrassing fashion the players dog out the fans versus telling the media the fans deserve better play out of us first before going into how classless the fans are? Shows me Kubiak not holding the right people accountable has fizzled down to the players too.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #157
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Seriously how weak is it that as players you dog out the fans... the comments by the players are ridiculous. In this situation of playing horrible on the field in embarrassing fashion the players dog out the fans versus telling the media the fans deserve better play out of us first before going into how classless the fans are? Shows me Kubiak not holding the right people accountable has fizzled down to the players too.

its weak to cheer someone getting hurt, to play that off somehow is weak
Old 10-14-2013   #158
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
how weak is it that fans cheer & are happy a guy got injured? Simply stating that they should play better has little to no bearing on your actions, no matter how upset you get that they aren't playing well.

-you dont have to watch the game
-you dont have to go to the game
-you can do nothing
- you can show class & wish the best for the guy
-hell, you can take that time he's down on the field to go to the restroom or do something else...anything else.

Those are the obvious options you have completely at your disposal to not come off as an idiot. Why not draw from the list of options you have more control over as opposed to getting mad about the players having the audacity to call you out for something that was obviously classless?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #159
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep, making them shine with their own stupidity.

And the more they rationalize the argument the more asinine they look.
Old 10-14-2013   #160
Big52Hurt
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Big52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respected

sup fellas? although I live on the east coast now, I use to live in Texas for 8 years. I know that Texans aren't as bad as the picture that is being painted about them and the Texans fan base at the moment. to boo a fallen player for your franchise that has played to the best of his ability for you over the years is poor. but, I know that it wasn't every Texans fan in the stadium. so, what is the status on Schaub?

Last edited by Big52Hurt; 10-14-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Big52Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read