Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #81
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kubes is fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Never got that sense. Wade has proven to be if anything softer as a head coach than Kubiak with about the same sort of pretty good non-great success. Really no reason to have a 70 year old version of what you already have.

Not convinced that Kubiak is in as much trouble as he should be anyway.
I feel the same way. I think we're stuck with Kubiak no matter what happens this season. I hate that, I really do, but it just fits with the way things go with this team.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #82
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
In today's NFL I don't know if I want a defensive minded coach. The coach needs to understand that games are won by putting more points on the board than the other team. The only time a D is going to come into play is outdoors in the winter when the passing games are hindered.

The days of smashmouth D, run the ball down their throats O are gone. You need an open offense and most defensive minded coaches (Cowher, Smith, Ryan, Capers) want to run first. They operate under the old beliefs that to win you have to run and stop the run.

It's 2013. It's a new game. Find someone that can open up this offense. We have some talented players on offense. Our RB has wonderful hands and could be a threat if he wasn't just a safety valve. We have 2 TEs with good hands. We have the best receiver of this generation that our HC has never utilized in the red zone. We have a rookie WR that looks like he could be a #1. We should be averaging 35 points a game with these guys. We just need a truly offensive minded HC that will take the training wheels off.
We have 0 speed at those skill positions though & that's a problem....don't know where it is on the totem pole of our problems, but it's definitely a problem. AJ doesn't really scare anyone deep anymore, Hopkins isn't really a speed guy, Foster & OD aren't really fast.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #83
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak isn't going anywhere. Neither is Schaub. Historically, this organization isn't known for doing things like that. Heck, we'll probably even give Kubiak an extension.

Stuck like Chuck
Old 10-14-2013   #84
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I feel the same way. I think we're stuck with Kubiak no matter what happens this season. I hate that, I really do, but it just fits with the way things go with this team.
The organization always seems to be like a year behind. Especially if the team manages to get to 7-9 or 8-8, I expect Kubes to get another year. I am 95% sure McNair won't fire Kubiak in season not matter how many 20 point losses we have
Old 10-14-2013   #85
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Never got that sense. Wade has proven to be if anything softer as a head coach than Kubiak with about the same sort of pretty good non-great success. Really no reason to have a 70 year old version of what you already have.

[BOLD]Not convinced that Kubiak is in as much trouble as he should be anyway.[/BOLD]
I'm not either. McNair loves him some Kubiak.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #86
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't live in Houston anymore. But I can count on one...maybe two hands the number of games I've missed on TV since we got the franchise. If Kubiak is our head coach next year I'm moving on. I'd even take Wade at this point even though it's not ideal (by a long shot). Why? Because it's not even about wins and losses anymore for me....I'm just worn out after seeing eight years of same #$%& different day.

I'm just tired of having the Texans (and to a certain extent my other team... the Longhorns ...over he last 4 years) ruin the football season for me. The Texans have been a bad or frustrating /under performing team outside of a few stretches here and there for too long. And considering Kubiaks performance even when things are going good I'm guarded and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

A friend of mine roots for QBs and will support teams with a good one even if that means jumping around a bit. He enjoys the season a lot more than I do.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #87
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he goes I hope they bring in a more fun loving loose coach. Not saying Gruden or Cowher but one with their type personality.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #88
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
I don't live in Houston anymore. But I can count on one...maybe two hands the number of games I've missed on TV since we got the franchise. If Kubiak is our head coach next year I'm moving on. I'd even take Wade at this point even though it's not ideal (by a long shot). Why? Because it's not even about wins and losses anymore for me....I'm just worn out after seeing eight years of same #$%& different day.

I'm just tired of having the Texans (and to a certain extent my other team... the Longhorns ...over he last 4 years) ruin the football season for me. The Texans have been a bad or frustrating /under performing team outside of a few stretches here and there for too long. And considering Kubiaks performance even when things are going good I'm guarded and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

A friend of mine roots for QBs and will support teams with a good one even if that means jumping around a bit. He enjoys the season a lot more than I do.
Andrew Luck went to one of the High Schools I teach, so I might just take that philosophy and see how it works...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #89
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have always done that in sports. I have my main teams, and then I have my secondary team and another tema or two that I like usually because of who the QB's are or because of players I like from college. After the Texans I've always rooted for the Patriots out of being a Brady. The comeback drive from Brady yesterday was magical. One for the ages. The Texans don't get me as emotional as they used to. I have learned to expect bad things under Kubiak, so I am usually not surprised.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #90
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I have always done that in sports. I have my main teams, and then I have my secondary team and another tema or two that I like usually because of who the QB's are or because of players I like from college. After the Texans I've always rooted for the Patriots out of being a Brady. The comeback drive from Brady yesterday was magical. One for the ages. The Texans don't get me as emotional as they used to. I have learned to expect bad things under Kubiak, so I am usually not surprised.
playing fantasy football has kept me from going insane with the way the Texans have been playing. Makes me watch the entire league and individual players, not just one team...

Thanks Fantasy Football! you have saved my sanity...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #91
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know how you feel. I've always been a fan of the Seahawks, but not in a big way. They've just been my NFC team I'd root for if they happened to be on TV or in the playoffs. But living in Houston, my head won't allow me to switch like that. Even though I'd love to just tell the Texans to piss off, I can't. But it doesn't keep me from still rooting for the Hawks in the playoffs since the Texans obviously won't be there this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #92
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

I look back on my life in 2006 and I would have never imagined all the changes that have occured in the last few years. In 2006 I was in my 4th year with my last girlfriend and starting to realize it wasn't working out. Now I'm happily married (to another woman) and our first child is on the way. All awesome stuff.

But the 2006 version of me wouldn't have anticipated that we'd still be running sad sack Kubiak out there eight years later with little to no real success either.
Old 10-14-2013   #93
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I'm not sold on Sumlin. He might be a great coach but imo, he's ridden other coaches recruits. Until we see what he can do without Keenum/Manziel I'd pass. Art Briles would be my pick if it's a collegiate coach. If not, I have no clue.
I'm not in the Sumlin club, but what difference does this make? Hopefully our next regime will start at the VP of football operations where the GM does his job & the coach does his job. Sumlin should have input on player acquisitions, but nothing like he has now & nothing like Kubiak has now.
Old 10-14-2013   #94
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are the most entertaining bipolar football team right now... Kubiak isn't getting fired. This is a good ol boy system it is what it is. Expect for players to get blamed that really shouldn't.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #95
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not in the Sumlin club, but what difference does this make? Hopefully our next regime will start at the VP of football operations where the GM does his job & the coach does his job. Sumlin should have input on player acquisitions, but nothing like he has now & nothing like Kubiak has now.
Has a Houston NFL franchise ever had a black coach? Rick Smith may be enough to Bob McNair...
Old 10-14-2013   #96
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're all a little shell shocked from 11 years of mediocrity and feeling pretty negative these days. The reality is that Bob McNair watched fans leaving the stadium in the 3rd Q, cheering the starting QB's injury, his team lose by ~30 points for the second week in a row, and a Texans QB throw a pick-six for a 5th straight game. Now our odds of making the playoffs, statistically speaking, is 9%.

Bob McNair is allegedly a businessman, I'd think he knows what another year of Kubiak would mean for his bottom line. This is assuming we don't win 9 of the next 10.
Old 10-14-2013   #97
AMartin56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
The Texans are the most entertaining bipolar football team right now... Kubiak isn't getting fired. This is a good ol boy system it is what it is. Expect for players to get blamed that really shouldn't.
Funny you say that. The forums haven't been exactly fun lately but still provide more entertainment than the games lately. For sure.
Old 10-14-2013   #98
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Funny you say that. The forums haven't been exactly fun lately but still provide more entertainment than the games lately. For sure.
In my heart I promise you I'm a big Texans fan. It's got so bad that when they lose I don't even feel anything anymore. Everyone deep down inside knows it's Coach and QB more than anything but we also know nothing will really change positive wise this season. What is there to look forward to regarding this team this year? Open ended question...
Old 10-14-2013   #99
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Future Cowboys fan here if that happens.
Just go now.
Old 10-14-2013   #100
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Just go now.
Peace out.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read