Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #1
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Body Language - JJ Watt

Does anyone know if there was something wrong with JJ Watt this weekend like allergies/sick/etc? Was he listed for anything on the injury list? After his first hit on the QB early after that he went pretty much numb, and that's really concerning.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Body Language - JJ Watt

Also concerning he didn't even record a single tackle in the game. What happened to all the swatted passes? 20/20/20? He sure has built a great brand but he isn't nearly as dominant as he was last season. Of course I understand he's getting double-teamed a lot more now but he used to at least get his hands up to swat balls.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #3
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33092 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

The way Watt is going he won't even hit double digits on sacks by year end, so this up coming offseason will work out good for resigning him to a new contract as he and his agent will be bargaining with much less leverage as compared to what it would have been like after the '12 season.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Funny, Seth Payne said he thinks JJ is being even more dominant this year.
Old 10-14-2013   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He also says Schaub is not a good qb and not likely to get this team where they want to go.

Funny I've never seen you bring that up.

As far as watts body language, it's not just him. When you're getting embarrassed at home by a team that most think isn't that great you sulk a little. It's human nature.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33092 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Surely not after yesterdays peformance ?
Nevertheless, the stats aren't there as they were last fyear, and few factors have as much to do with compensation in the NFL as stats, whether it's pics for DBs, TDs/yards-completed for WR, or sacks for Dlineman.
Trust me, at this rate Watt won't be as expensive for the Texans as he could have been.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

He got in the backfield a few times but whiffed on the running back. I think he had more missed tackles than tackles yesterday. But he was getting penetration, so the notion that he isn't winning battles is silly. He just didn't finish. It would be nice to see someone else take advantage of the fact that they're getting less attention because of all the extra attention paid to Watt and maybe HELP OUT. Make an offense pick their poison.
Old 10-14-2013   #8
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Also concerning he didn't even record a single tackle in the game. What happened to all the swatted passes? 20/20/20? He sure has built a great brand but he isn't nearly as dominant as he was last season. Of course I understand he's getting double-teamed a lot more now but he used to at least get his hands up to swat balls.
Hard to get batted balls and sacks when the other teams don't have to throw in the 2nd half. He does have 3 swats which is still tied for the league lead from a DL. He's not going to get 20. Teams will prepare for that. I think he's been a factor and while maybe not as dominant as last year I'm not really concerned with his play. The schemes and play calls are beating us. I think we're too undisciplined and that's hurting us. Statistically we're still the #1 D in the NFL by a large margin, but I don't think there's a person on the planet that actually thinks we are the best right now. We don't get the stops when we need them. We have talented players that aren't in the correct position to make the plays.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
He's getting penetration like every other play it seems like. The stats aren't there, but watt looks better than he did last year. He looks more explosive. But he's got more bodies hanging off of him trying to keep him from making plays.

I distinctly remember two instances yesterday where watt blew the play up and Cushing and Antonio were the benefactors.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Teams are getting away with chipping, double and triple teaming Watt because the remainder of our front can be blocked one on one. Long didn't need any help with Mercilus. Saffold (iirc) had the day off blocking Reed

Our entire defense was bad..very bad.
Old 10-14-2013   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

nothing wrong with JJ, He and Brooks Reed are the only guys on the team i believe who have only known making the playoffs. As a motor guy seeing double teams constantly & watching this team implode, he's just frustrated.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #12
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Does anyone know if there was something wrong with JJ Watt this weekend like allergies/sick/etc? Was he listed for anything on the injury list? After his first hit on the QB early after that he went pretty much numb, and that's really concerning.
My seats are on the field...the Rams Oline is what what happened to JJ. Those guys were huge and I mean all of them. Those guys average 6'5" and 315. I think Dahl was the smallest one and he isn't small at all. Their oline was just to good because I really didn't know much about those little RBs they had but they got it done.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ is getting an incredible amount of attention. Problem is, nobody else is beating their man enough. When you take the double teams from the edge rushers and nobody can get to the QB, then your edge rushers are garbage.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Let's be clear here, I'm not talking about JJ's performance I'm talking about his body language and if he was really into the game yesterday at all? Seems like once we went down 10-0, they were out of the game.

Over the course of the game we normally see.

- JJ interacting with the crowd during commercial timeouts
- JJ pumping and up and getting his teammates going.
- JJ's normal intensity and mean streak coming through.

He didn't seem to have any of that yesterday at all. We didn't even see that from Antonio Smith at all either, very odd game from a defensive standpoint.

Old 10-14-2013   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Let's be clear here, I'm not talking about JJ's performance I'm talking about his body language and if he was really into the game yesterday at all? Seems like once we went down 10-0, they were out of the game.

Over the course of the game we normally see.

- JJ interacting with the crowd during commercial timeouts
- JJ pumping and up and getting his teammates going.
- JJ's normal intensity and mean streak coming through.

He didn't seem to have any of that yesterday at all. We didn't even see that from Antonio Smith at all either, very odd game from a defensive standpoint.
The body language for the entire team is awful....it starts with Gary "schleprock" Kubiak and rolls downhill. Football is an emotional game and Kubiak has been telling everyone who will listen that we are sad sacks. A good attitude is contagious just like a bad attitude diseases minds. Attitude determines altitude. Kewbs doesn't get that.

Old 10-14-2013   #16
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The body language for the entire team is awful....it starts with Gary "schleprock" Kubiak and rolls downhill. Football is an emotional game and Kubiak has been telling everyone who will listen that we are sad sacks. A good attitude is contagious just like a bad attitude diseases minds. Attitude determines altitude. Kewbs doesn't get that.
Agreed 100%, I just hadn't seen it hit this bad on a player that I thought might be impervious to this sort of thing. I guess even the best get down, and I should remember the fact that Barry Sanders (my favorite player of all time) walked away from the game because of it.

Old 10-14-2013   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't re watch the game but I guess he just got beat physically

I don't know who the St Louis guard is but heck he must be really good
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
JJ is getting an incredible amount of attention. Problem is, nobody else is beating their man enough. When you take the double teams from the edge rushers and nobody can get to the QB, then your edge rushers are garbage.
I agree but is that the players or wade not scheming to take advantage of the situations? I thought wade was known for his exotic and confusing blitz packages? I guess they are only exotic and confusing to our defense.
Old 10-14-2013   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I agree but is that the players or wade not scheming to take advantage of the situations? I thought wade was known for his exotic and confusing blitz packages? I guess they are only exotic and confusing to our defense.
straight man, vanilla d with some line stunts...that's mostly what I see. He's not trying to confuse the QB much it seems to me. It's almost like he thinks they have so much talent they don't have to anything but play their techniques well and they should have you whipped.

Old 10-14-2013   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
straight man, vanilla d with some line stunts...that's mostly what I see. He's not trying to confuse the QB much it seems to me. It's almost like he thinks they have so much talent they don't have to anything but play their techniques well and they should have you whipped.
They play a bend then break defense . Like a fishing pole that if taxed enough , by the fish , snaps and lets it free .

The team takes after the owner , coach , and so on . You see more enthusiasm in a library .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read