Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #121
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Didn't see this anywhere but this is what AJ had to say about the issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chron article
ďItís bad when members of the other team are saying thatís messed up that (fans) would do something like that,Ē Johnson said. ďIt just shows no class. It wasnít all the fans. But those are the same people that youíre out somewhere with your family and you tell them they canít have an autograph right now, those are the same people that tell you youíre rude.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ss/?cmpid=hpfc

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #122
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
What he said

I payed my harddddd and I mean HARRRDDDDDDD earned money to buy a ticket and watch football excuse me if I cant boo or cheer or be quite or whatever

Im glad Houston fans are being vocal maybe we gettin a lot meaner HAHAHAHAH WE will out philly phillyy come on now maybe we are becoming more like Philly fans NY fans and CHI Fans they obvs don't give a poo there gangsta
God who wants to emulate a Philly fan?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #123
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

1st regular season game ever at Reliant Stadium... We are winning by 9 pts against Dallas with around 3 minutes left and the crowd is booing because the offense is running the ball on 3rd down.

I sold my season tickets last year. I simply can not take being around all those drunk, ignorant fans anymore. At 40, I think my days of going to major sporting events may be coming to an end- the mob scene is intolerable. To see the attitudes peppered on this board too- that fans, simply by purchasing a ticket, believe they are entitled to check their morality at the gate. If they weren't so freakin' ignorant, I'd remind them of the crumbling Roman empire and the behavior and attitudes of the people being amused to death in the Colosseum.
Old 10-14-2013   #124
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
To see the attitudes peppered on this board too- that fans, simply by purchasing a ticket, believe they are entitled to check their morality at the gate. If they weren't so freakin' ignorant, I'd remind them of the crumbling Roman empire and the behavior and attitudes of the people being amused to death in the Colosseum.
Don't you think that's just a little unfair?

I mean, they were allowed to fornicate in the stands.
Old 10-14-2013   #125
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Who cares. This isn't high school. He is not permanently injured. Such a random thing to be upset about. How is it any different to cheer or boo an interception, a fumble and a sprained ankle for crying out loud.

People get upset because they are told they should get upset over cheering an injury.

It is just a silly social convention with no merit.
You're right. It's not high school. These are grown people. You'd expect grown people to have better home training to cheer because someone got hurt.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #126
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: These guys make millions playing a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Is anyone going to bash me for this because I would like to hear it.
Well, since you asked...I'm glad I don't know you in real life. You are a terrible person.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #127
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Who cares. This isn't high school. He is not permanently injured. Such a random thing to be upset about. How is it any different to cheer or boo an interception, a fumble and a sprained ankle for crying out loud.

People get upset because they are told they should get upset over cheering an injury.

It is just a silly social convention with no merit.
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #128
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
God who wants to emulate a Philly fan?
im just saying that might be the reason everyone on the outside think Houston sports fans are fair weather fans a lot of familys go to the games has well and Houston is just a Gatewaycity

maybe some of the fans around here are changing to more hardcore

I for one didn't boo infact I just stayed silent and I even told the guy in front of me I bet u Yates throws some pix sixes jokely he laughed

what does that say about me I guess when my teams goes bad im like I don't care anymore and I just watch it cus I like watching football good or bad I knew tho in the back of my mind I knew yates going in cold would not do much

I must say tho iam interested to see what yates can do if he starts next week hopefully he can just manage the game better then schaub
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #129
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody should want Schaub to get SEVERELY hurt. Bottom line is if players like Andre Johnson doesn't want to fans to boooo and stop embarrassing the team then get your team to play better and stop embarrassing the city of Houston on the football field. That's the thing.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #130
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately this is a growing part of society now. Fans cheering when a player is injured is wrong period. It makes no difference what team he plays for. Its caring about another human being. And it cuts both ways too. Some of the same people condemning Houston fans for cheering Schaub getting hurt cheer about the exact same thing in MMA. It is rare to see citizens try and intervene any more when they see violence or crimes happen. Most of the time they will gather around and be entertained by it.
Old 10-14-2013   #131
Tearstain
Rookie

Section: I wish :(
Rep Power: 5598 Tearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respected

I cannot believe I heard this on the radio.

Then to cap it all they played it even over here in the UK on live TV. So the whole UK football fans now think we are heartless and uncaring about our own players.

To say I am am embarrassed is an understatment. To cheer when our own player is injured....

I have have always wanted to come to Houston to watch a game and visit my second city but having doubts now if this is how fans react.

We are better than that aren't we?
Tearstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #132
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Nobody should want Schaub to get SEVERELY hurt. Bottom line is if players like Andre Johnson doesn't want to fans to boooo and stop embarrassing the team then get your team to play better and stop embarrassing the city of Houston on the football field. That's the thing.
Andre wasn't responding to a question about boos, it was about cheering injury.

And in the stands, no one knows if it's a "serious" injury or not. Cheering while a man is rolling on the ground injured is pathetic, regardless of how much money he makes or how much he's "embarrassed the city" (not you who's making these arguments...I don't think, just putting this out there)
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #133
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Andre wasn't responding to a question about boos, it was about cheering injury.

And in the stands, no one knows if it's a "serious" injury or not. Cheering while a man is rolling on the ground injured is pathetic, regardless of how much money he makes or how much he's "embarrassed the city" (not you who's making these arguments...I don't think, just putting this out there)
He has been complaining about the fans for weeks now so it's the same thing smart guy. What do you think those big tv screens are up for in the stadium. All I'm simply saying is as a professional or team who cares what the fans are doing? Get your priorities straight on the football field then at that point everyone is happy. Fans pay to see the game and players get paid to play the game that hasn't changed. Players and coaches need to do their jobs regardless of the negativity of people viewing the game this is another mental weakness going on with this franchise especially with Schaub who I believe is straight up scared.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #134
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Why is that some sort of imaginary line to draw? He is not permanently injured.
Tell me when it is OK to cheer or boo then?
Why is it ever OK to boo? Why is it OK to cheer an interception by the opposing team? Don't you think Sam Bradford's feelings are hurt when that happens? Why is it OK to cheer his misfortune?
How is the tangible hurt of a sprained ankle that will be recovered from in three weeks any different than the intangible hurt that one gets from throwing a pick six and then getting booed?

I was raised just like you were raised, but...
This guy is making millions of dollars to play a game.

If he can't handle a twisted ankle....then shame on him....
Old 10-14-2013   #135
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
1st regular season game ever at Reliant Stadium... We are winning by 9 pts against Dallas with around 3 minutes left and the crowd is booing because the offense is running the ball on 3rd down.

I sold my season tickets last year. I simply can not take being around all those drunk, ignorant fans anymore. At 40, I think my days of going to major sporting events may be coming to an end- the mob scene is intolerable. To see the attitudes peppered on this board too- that fans, simply by purchasing a ticket, believe they are entitled to check their morality at the gate. If they weren't so freakin' ignorant, I'd remind them of the crumbling Roman empire and the behavior and attitudes of the people being amused to death in the Colosseum.

The more I go to major sporting events the more I realize how many adults cant control themselves. Its as though purchasing a ticket entitles you to do whatever you want including getting sh!tfaced before the game.

There is no excuse for cheering any player going down, none whatsoever
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #136
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
The more I go to major sporting events the more I realize how many adults cant control themselves. Its as though purchasing a ticket entitles you to do whatever you want including getting sh!tfaced before the game.

There is no excuse for cheering any player going down, none whatsoever
Too many people getting absolutely hammerred at the games now..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #137
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Too many people getting absolutely hammerred at the games now..
Speak for yourself brother. I get absolutely hammered.......... but I would never get out of line, either.

Inherently people are dicks and ****ey people or they are not dicks and ****ey people.
Old 10-14-2013   #138
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going to try not to fall into the trap of over generalizing here. I think in the best of times many players think fans rate somewhere between "pains in the butt" to "a necessary evil". Having them lash out at fans during this frustrating season doesn't surprise me. The fans that cheered Schaub's injury gives them an excuse, but I think they are painting the entire fan base with too broad a brush.

For the record I think booing an injury is classless. I don't see much use in booing anything - bad plays, bad calls, whatever.
Old 10-14-2013   #139
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Speak for yourself brother. I get absolutely hammered.......... but I would never get out of line, either.

Inherently people are dicks and ****ey people or they are not dicks and ****ey people.
Its irrelevant if you get out of line or not OR the level of which people rate on the ****tey/dick scale. A lot of adults seem to feel that massive binge drinking is what a NFL event has become and often times this group starts to exhibit poor judgement. Getting hammered at a football event shouldnt be a goal or something the occurs with any frequency
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #140
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in with 2012 Champs & Silvrhand....I don't go to games anymore...largely b/c there are too many drunk ********s that live to engage in the mob mentality...It's much more enjoyable to be at home or amongst friends watching the games these days.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read