Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #101
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
It was pretty obvious to me watching live on TV that it wasn't just a "few" bad apples. It was easily heard right when he went down.
fans always clap when a guy gets injured out of respect to the player, so how do you measure who was clapping in a mean way and who was clapping out of respect? There was likely a mix of mean spirited clapping, frustrated clapping and clapping for appreciation. Nobody can pin this on the fact that we aren't good fans because this kind of stuff happens in every NFL city and has been going on since before I started going to games. I think everyone is too knee jerk and sensitive nowdays. I'm not excluding myself from that....just commenting.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #102
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now all of the media and NFL players are bashing the fan base. Lol. We finally make front page news.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #103
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Now all of the media and NFL players are bashing the fan base. Lol. We finally make front page news.
They don't like bashing the team because they may not get their juice boxes and smores treats at the presser...safer to bash the fans. It's OUR FAULT. Hell, why didn't I see this sooner?

Old 10-13-2013   #104
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
fans always clap when a guy gets injured out of respect to the player, so how do you measure who was clapping in a mean way and who was clapping out of respect? There was likely a mix of mean spirited clapping, frustrated clapping and clapping for appreciation. Nobody can pin this on the fact that we aren't good fans because this kind of stuff happens in every NFL city and has been going on since before I started going to games. I think everyone is too knee jerk and sensitive nowdays. I'm not excluding myself from that....just commenting.
I am referring to when he was rolling on the ground grabbing his ankle. I did hear some cheers when he walked off, but it wasnt as loud as when he was on the ground.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #105
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They don't like bashing the team because they may not get their juice boxes and smores treats at the presser...safer to bash the fans. It's OUR FAULT. Hell, why didn't I see this sooner?
All the players were saying we are an embarrassment. Hell, they embarrass us every Sunday. How about they get their heads out their asses and realize we pay hundreds if not thousands to see their pathetic display. And we're not making the millions they are.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #106
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
All the players were saying we are an embarrassment. Hell, they embarrass us every Sunday. How about they get their heads out their asses and realize we pay hundreds if not thousands to see their pathetic display. And we're not making the millions they are.
No, because that would be too detrimental to their 6 to 7 figure yearly-salary lifestyle. Life is tough.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #107
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fans who clap to show appreciation for an injured player do so when the player is leaving the field. That is the universal time to cheer/clap. This is true at all levels in every sport. Go see a youth soccer game: a hurt player gets cheered as they leave the field; nobody claps while the player is down/being attended to. Unless you are cheering for the injury. That is precisely what was happening today when Schaub got hurt: those who cheered as he was leaving the field were showing their class. Those who were cheering while he was on the ground were showing their [rhymes with class].
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #108
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Fans cheered when Kyle Boller got hurt in Baltimore; shows a lack of class and I personally do not speak tp some fellow fans to this day.

Its wrong.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #109
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 26851 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

October 27th, 1996 - Houston Astrodome - San Francisco 49s @ Houston Oilers.

First play of the game, San Fran has the ball and Steve Young completes his first pass for 9 yards. 2nd and 1, the coverage is good, so Young scrambles to get the first, whereupon he meets Blaine Bishop, who just levels Young, helmet to helmet, no flag. Nobody in the stadium knows that Young has just suffered one of the many concussions of his career.

The hometown crowd begins to chant, "Ben Taub, Ben Taub, Ben Taub, Ben Taub!!!"

Classless?

Leviathan.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #110
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
Go see a youth soccer game: a hurt player gets cheered as they leave the field; nobody claps while the player is down/being attended to. Unless you are cheering for the injury. That is precisely what was happening today when Schaub got hurt: those who cheered as he was leaving the field were showing their class. Those who were cheering while he was on the ground were showing their [rhymes with class].
You can even go up to high school football, for that matter. At that level when a kid goes down the crowd usually goes silent (on both sides) and both teams are on the field, quietly down on one knee, sometimes joining hands and praying. Yes, when the injured player leaves the field, *then* you applaud.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #111
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
those who cheered as he was leaving the field were showing their class. Those who were cheering while he was on the ground were showing their [rhymes with class].
I don't disagree with this. I do think the players should stop focusing on the fans and start looking in the mirror. After reading the Chronicle it seems like the players are more worried about some jerk fans than they are their season.

Old 10-13-2013   #112
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
From the appearance of Schaub's response to the injury and the type of wrap, it looks like at least a grade II lateral ankle sprain, but without an MRI, a hairline fracture or high ankle sprain cannot be ruled out. Since this occurred in the same foot as his Lisfranc (which could also have been aggravated), the implications are very poor for anything but further deterioration of his mobility and performance. If they put him out there for any reason next week against KC, even if it is only with a mundane sprain, not only will he look even more like a cripple and play more like a cripple, he will extend his injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Kubes' presser made it sound like he was having other problems with the leg as well. I think he said "a little bit of everything was wrong with his leg".

I would expect that he will be taking next week off and getting reevaluated after the bye week.

I agree, with his history and his already lack of mobility, he shouldn't be out there. He'd literally be a statue.
I didn't hear the presser, but I just came across this piece that put the statement in context........and right along the impression I originally posted:

Schaub did not address reporters after the game. Kubiak said Schaub had "a little bit of everything on that one leg," including his foot and ankle.link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #113
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I didn't hear the presser, but I just came across this piece that put the statement in context........and right along the impression I originally posted:

Schaub did not address reporters after the game. Kubiak said Schaub had "a little bit of everything on that one leg," including his foot and ankle.link
So you think this could be his Lisfranc agitated on top of whatever happened to his upper ankle and knee?
Old 10-13-2013   #114
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
So you think this could be his Lisfranc agitated on top of whatever happened to his upper ankle and knee?
Yes to the Lisfranc and the ankle.............don't have any evidence at this time that the knee is involved. The ankle and foot is worrisome enough.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #115
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great post. I sit in section 105 and when Schaub got hurt I whelped a bit initially when he was down. I will admit I got a tad excited TJ was coming in. I cheered for Schaub as he left the field like I do all injured players. Vinny is correct, there is no way to parse the cheers accurately.

BTW, Schaub very loudly said "**** You" to the crowd when TJ went into the game. It sure seems the Texans love to deflect their incompetence by making their loyal fans look bad. The Texans PR should have stepped in when our players were ****ting on us. I want an official statement from the Texans apologizing to us.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #116
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The players know what the cheers are for. You're in the game you have a good vibe of what's going on. Normally when a guy goes down it gets quiet. When he gets u or gets taken off its a more reserved, respectful cheering.

I'm not going to put a percentage on it. But there was DEFINITELY a buzz and electricity when Schaub went down which slowly built to an eruption when Yates came on.

I don't think fans were happy Schaub was hurt per se though. I think they were cheering the situation which was Schaub out and Yates in. I don't think many people were actually saying YES Schaub's ankle might be broken in pieces!!! I hope it's an Achilles or something career ending!!!

But regardless. It ultimately doesn't matter. It has little effect on the game and only served as a distraction. The team sucks ass and the fans always get some grief. Fair weather, classless, not passionate enough...

Whatever. If you play well none of that rears it's ugly head. Worry less about the fans and more about not losing 5 in a row. And if that's too tough, shoot for a smaller goal like not throwing a pick six for the 6th game in a row.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I don't disagree with this. I do think the players should stop focusing on the fans and start looking in the mirror. After reading the Chronicle it seems like the players are more worried about some jerk fans than they are their season.
I agree with this. Whether it was a classless act or not by the fans, the players have all the power they need to stop it.
Old 10-13-2013   #118
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I couldn't care less what the players think about the fans. Whether the fans actions are right, wrong, or indifferent, the players should just keep their opinions to themselves. They need to remember that they are the only ones getting paid to be there, while the fans are paying good sums of their hard earned money to watch. I feel bad that Matt Schaub was injured, but he makes millions of (fan provided) dollars to take that risk. The man could buy a whole new right leg if he wanted to.

As long as it remains verbal, and fans aren't trying to physically harm these guys, they can cram it, IMO
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #119
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Personally, I couldn't care less what the players think about the fans. Whether the fans actions are right, wrong, or indifferent, the players should just keep their opinions to themselves. They need to remember that they are the only ones getting paid to be there, while the fans are paying good sums of their hard earned money to watch. I feel bad that Matt Schaub was injured, but he makes millions of (fan provided) dollars to take that risk. The man could buy a whole new right leg if he wanted to.

As long as it remains verbal, and fans aren't trying to physically harm these guys, they can cram it, IMO
What he said

I payed my harddddd and I mean HARRRDDDDDDD earned money to buy a ticket and watch football excuse me if I cant boo or cheer or be quite or whatever

Im glad Houston fans are being vocal maybe we gettin a lot meaner HAHAHAHAH WE will out philly phillyy come on now maybe we are becoming more like Philly fans NY fans and CHI Fans they obvs don't give a poo there gangsta
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #120
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we know how long Schaub will be out for?
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read