Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2013   #161
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Mediocre is ordinary, average. Schaub is no longer average. I would take mediocre Matt Schaub right now.
Me too

I dont care about what Eli or any other QB's have/are doing.

I do care that I'm going to be at Reliant tomorrow and Schaub hopefully will not be a pick 6 machine. Watching Schaub crap the bed this yr is disgusting.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #162
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly think it's a money thing. Imagine paying your lawn guy a years' salary up front. You're gonna ****** and moan about the blades of grass he missed with the mower, but you're not gonna complain because he shows up on schedule to cut your grass every week. At this point, you just wanna get your moneys-worth outta the guy until something better comes along.

It's simply a bean-counters mentality.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #163
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
I honestly think it's a money thing. Imagine paying your lawn guy a years' salary up front. You're gonna ****** and moan about the blades of grass he missed with the mower, but you're not gonna complain because he shows up on schedule to cut your grass every week. At this point, you just wanna get your moneys-worth outta the guy until something better comes along.

Well if I didn't pay my lawn guy out of my pocket and if my choice to keep him on could cost me my job it wouldn't be nearly as hard to make a move
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #164
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post

If my lawn guy is continually missing blades of grass that are so noticeable that I can spot them from my porch and all of my neighbors are mentioning it, I'm getting a new lawn guy. Especially when the lawn guy has been missing those blades of grass for the better part of a season, going back to last season. Obvious the guy can't cut grass very well.
Old 10-13-2013   #165
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If my lawn guy is continually missing blades of grass that are so noticeable that I can spot them from my porch and all of my neighbors are mentioning it, I'm getting a new lawn guy. Especially when the lawn guy has been missing those blades of grass for the better part of a season, going back to last season. Obvious the guy can't cut grass very well.
Could not have said it better myself!
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #166
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I got a new yard guy because I payed my old yard guy to mow my lawn but he kept mowing my neighbor's lawn.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #167
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you and your neighbors aren't "lawn guys" yourselves, you are all unqualified to have an opinion/criticize the lawn guy professionals. They know what they are doing. Have faith.

Old 10-13-2013   #168
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

38-13 Rams. Too bad the reality distortion field that "proves" the Texans are great and know what they are doing doesn't reach onto the field of play.
Old 10-13-2013   #169
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I know this is going to be a very unpopular opinion. I know I'm going to be accused of trolling. But I'm dead serious. This looks like an inside job. This looks like something that has happened before. More than once.

It does not make sense that we can get the opposing team on their 1 yard line, but still give up a TD. It does not make sense the worst offenses in the league can drive 90+ yards on us. It doesn't make sense to give up 70+ yard drives for TDs again & again & again. It doesn't make sense that turnovers made by the QB result in TDs even on the opposing teams side of the field, but a RB can fumble on our 8 yard line & we hold them to a FG.

I'm convinced after watching the Rams score 17 points on our defense in the first half.

This is an inside job. We need to fire Wade.
Old 10-13-2013   #170
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know this is going to be a very unpopular opinion. I know I'm going to be accused of trolling. But I'm dead serious. This looks like an inside job. This looks like something that has happened before. More than once.

It does not make sense that we can get the opposing team on their 1 yard line, but still give up a TD. It does not make sense the worst offenses in the league can drive 90+ yards on us. It doesn't make sense to give up 70+ yard drives for TDs again & again & again. It doesn't make sense that turnovers made by the QB result in TDs even on the opposing teams side of the field, but a RB can fumble on our 8 yard line & we hold them to a FG.

I'm convinced after watching the Rams score 17 points on our defense in the first half.

I'm going with Occam's Razor on this one. The Texans just suck. People don't want to admit it because they see all the yardage and big names, but as a TEAM, they suck.
Old 10-13-2013   #171
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

What about the years before wade was here?

Who was the saboteur then?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #172
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm going with Occam's Razor on this one. The Texans just suck. People don't want to admit it because they see all the yardage and big names, but as a TEAM, they suck.
You are what your record is .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read