Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #81
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Believers... check in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Drug test please ...
Meh, he's right though.

Just take it a game at a time is the best the players AND fans can do. Giving up on the team is not going to help as our resident Saint fan has mentioned. Giving up on the team helps nothing.
Old 10-13-2013   #82
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92342 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Meh, he's right though.

Just take it a game at a time is the best the players AND fans can do. Giving up on the team is not going to help as our resident Saint fan has mentioned. Giving up on the team helps nothing.
WRONG!!!! If enough people make enough noise it puts pressure on the owner to make a change.
Old 10-13-2013   #83
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 106329 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I always "believe" until the math says otherwise. I can't just fold it in after game 6. But I got to tell you, the trill is gone at this point.

No more getting nervous before games. No more worrying about the flag after a big gain. No more anything, really. The Texans are just kind of ....there ........until Kubiak gets the boot.
Old 10-13-2013   #84
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
WRONG!!!! If enough people make enough noise it puts pressure on the owner to make a change.
That's your philosophy, so be it. More power to you. Me on the other hand don't call it quits when things go bad. I hope our players and coaches feel the same way too!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #85
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Making noise is one thing, giving up on the team is another.
Old 10-13-2013   #86
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

YEAH I believe we can win a game I don't know when but I think we can win

PASS ME DAT IM THIRSTY
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #87
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 111736 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought my team would contend for a title instead the texans are in contention for a high draft pick.

Im Checking in..... Into rehab.
Old 10-13-2013   #88
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe we have a lot of talent. I don't know that we have a winning team though.

I'm having a hard time seeing how this team went from 12-4 last season with essentially the same roster to a team that can barely get out of its own way.

I have been a Kubiak supporter through thick and thin, but at this point I'm having a hard time defending his decision making. His playcalling has become downright stupid. We can't seem to throw it down the field. I would be fine with incompletions, because it sets you up for better runs and better mid range throws, but teams can essentially draw a line 25 yards from the LOS that they don't have to cross. It's like we think we're always in the red zone.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I don't want change. I want better.

If Keenum comes in & we find out that there is a reason he's 3rd string, just like we found out there's a reason Tj is 2nd (well, we found out there's a reason he isn't starting).... what did change get us?

Matt's not Tom Brady & there's a pretty good chance Case Keenum isn't either. So we need to stop hoping Matt will start to play like those guys & expect our defense to not allow the St Louis Rams to score 17 points in the first half. Let's get some turnovers. Let's beat the St Louis Rams 9-3
Old 10-13-2013   #90
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a really, really good team.

But right now, it's shooting itself in its feet with stupid penalties and turnovers.

I don't know if we can clean that up. I hope we can and I'll keep rooting for the team to turn things around. Teams have come back from deeper holes than this.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #91
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This is a really, really good team.

But right now, it's shooting itself in its feet with stupid penalties and turnovers.

I don't know if we can clean that up. I hope we can and I'll keep rooting for the team to turn things around. Teams have come back from deeper holes than this.
They have. The Oilers were 1-4 at one point and rattlled off 11 wins. We won't go into what happened after that.

I think this team needs to look for a spark somewhere. Right now, Schaub is probably out for the KC game. I think Keenum maybe a spark. It's a gamble yes, but this team needs something different.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #92
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 130554 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
They have. The Oilers were 1-4 at one point and rattlled off 11 wins. We won't go into what happened after that.

I think this team needs to look for a spark somewhere. Right now, Schaub is probably out for the KC game. I think Keenum maybe a spark. It's a gamble yes, but this team needs something different.
That Oiler team had a better line, QB, defense....and coaching.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #93
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 139472 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Special teams also .
Old 10-13-2013   #94
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

If Cushing still believes... so will I!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #95
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Totally get what you're saying here, but I bet they didn't look much better at the time that they were 1-4. I don't remember (even though I know I saw it & do remember the next 11 & playoffs), but I just bet. For instance, that D was good, but it didn't have JJ Watt or B. Cushing. That O-line was great, but it didn't have D. Brown or Myers getting to the second level. I know I don't even have to mention Foster. I think this team would be capable of making a turn-around like that, but QB is a big ????? right now.

I wouldn't bet money on him being the next Brady or anything, but I'd really like to see Keenum start. Schaub is injured & what we saw from Yates yesterday is just what we will get from Yates. Yates can make the short passes in the middle of the field (6 yard pass on 3rd & 10), but he can't make the big plays (whether its' a short TD pass or a long pass). When he tries to, we get what happened yesterday or what happened in the playoffs against the Ravens. Keenum doesn't need to be some sure-fire better-than-Schaub promise, because Schaub is injured anyway. He needs to get his shot. Maybe he will suck, but we already know Yates will.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #96
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65137 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I always "believe" until the math says otherwise. I can't just fold it in after game 6. But I got to tell you, the trill is gone at this point.

No more getting nervous before games. No more worrying about the flag after a big gain. No more anything, really. The Texans are just kind of ....there ........until Kubiak gets the boot.
I agree with this, i have always gotten excited before games. I mean blood started flowing, couldnt sit still, was anxious. This season even since the first game i just havent felt it, i try to be positive all the time. But this is the honest truth.

Something about the whole season just hasnt felt right, its like we were destined to come out and suck. I used to count down the days until sunday, not so much nymore. Very sad !
Old 10-14-2013   #97
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post

With all the bucks he's making he better believe.
Old 10-14-2013   #98
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is EXACTLY how I felt starting yesterday against the Rams. I haven't felt this way since the Capers days.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #99
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My wife knows I'll be pretty upset during/after a loss. I was actually pretty relaxed during the game. I watched the whole game just to see if Yates could look even remotely like an NFL QB. He doesn't. I am not excited about next weeks game. I still hope they win out but highly doubt they reach 7-8 total wins. Now it's wait until the final nail is hammered in the coffin and look forward to the offseason. I want to believe they can turn it around. I do. I feel the Texans have the talent to be a top 6-8 team if they have slightly above average QB play. We are seeing a ton of mistakes that are not typical of Kubiak teams. Penalties and offensive turnovers are at all time high levels and defensive turnovers at all time lows. Without great QB play you can't overcome a lot of mistakes.
Old 10-14-2013   #100
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post

Fine line between believing and delusion and Cushing is tap dancing all over it...

I will never give up on the Texans, although I joke about being a Colt fan, but I have ABSOLUTELY given up on Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak....

Until those 2 variables are changed, I will choose to spend my Sundays watching other teams...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read