Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #61
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So How Is Acting Like Idiots Towards Matt Working Out?

Delete.

Last edited by Rey; 10-13-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Wrong thread.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Haven't read through the whole thread. I was at the game & I don't know that the fans were cheering when Schaub got hurt. After the sack, everyone was quite like we normally are after a sack. It was awkward when it looked like Matt wasn't moving.

There was cheers when they saw Yates start warming up.

Then there were cheers when Matt got up & was being taken off the field. I don't think that was meant as anything against Matt. We do that any time a player is hurt on the field, then gets up. That's good sportsmanship.

There were a lot of boos out there today. The only one I can think of that was aimed at Matt was in the red zone, it was like third & goal & he threw the ball short of the end zone.

Other than that, I was actually pretty proud of the way they treated Schaub. He didn't get booed when he walked out of the tunnel, he didn't get booed when he walked on the field.

They booed the play calls & not going for it on 4th down from the 1 or whereever we were.
Old 10-13-2013   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Also, I hope people start to understand that the terrible playcalling is responsible for this season. Yates looked terrible because of terrible, predictable playcalling. Schaub is not blameless here, but the playcalling has been so weak that it's hard to see how any QB would produce different results.
I'll be saying this repeatedly all week, because I know the play call is going to get blamed all week. But it's not the play calling.

There were plenty of routes open downfield, Schaub didn't pull the trigger. Hopkins is a beast of a route runner. They're still rolling to Andre & Hopkins was getting open all day.

That said, I was upset seeing Posey & Keyshawn on the sideline all day, until the game was out of hand.

Owen Daniels was out of the game. So we're playing with our third TE who's probably had 3 snaps before today instead of going 3 wides. I'd have loved to see how good their 3rd cornerback was today, but we allowed them to stay in their based defense & play to their strength.
Old 10-13-2013   #64
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Oh and on that point where i used to work we used to get crap and piss thrown on us daily, pretty sure these grown men at their jobs making ungodly amounts of $$$ can handle a little ice haha
Which QB on the roster is better than Matt? That is the issue with making a QB change but one should still be made. I think either way things are not looking good.
Old 10-13-2013   #65
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'll be saying this repeatedly all week, because I know the play call is going to get blamed all week. But it's not the play calling.

There were plenty of routes open downfield, Schaub didn't pull the trigger. Hopkins is a beast of a route runner. They're still rolling to Andre & Hopkins was getting open all day.

That said, I was upset seeing Posey & Keyshawn on the sideline all day, until the game was out of hand.

Owen Daniels was out of the game. So we're playing with our third TE who's probably had 3 snaps before today instead of going 3 wides. I'd have loved to see how good their 3rd cornerback was today, but we allowed them to stay in their based defense & play to their strength.
I agree with all of this.

I don't get the point of having those guys if you're not going to use them more.

But I think kubiak is too ho-hum and doesn't mix it up. He gets the upset stomach face and it's a wrap after that.

He needs to get more aggressive. Impose our will on opponents.

There's so much fail with this team.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #66
RunningTheSouth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Sprained ankle I heard. Maybe Schaub should rest next week and let Keenum start.
Schaub sucks, anything would be better. He played almost 3 quarters against a weak Rams defense.....0td's. Schaub Sucks!
RunningTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #67
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTheSouth View Post
Schaub sucks, anything would be better. He played almost 3 quarters against a weak Rams defense.....0td's. Schaub Sucks!
What did Yates do?
Old 10-13-2013   #68
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Leave Matt alone.

Gotta cry and make a video to be effective.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #69
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
What did Yates do?
was a part of the one TD scoring drive the Texans had
Old 10-13-2013   #70
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Which QB on the roster is better than Matt? That is the issue with making a QB change but one should still be made. I think either way things are not looking good.
Noone can say for sure, we saw TJ his rookie year so we kinda know what we are getting with him, and then today he was doing his best Schaub impression. We know nothing about Keenum, he looked damn good in pre season. My point is we will never know who is better that M.S until they all get a fair shot, and no i dont mean coming in with all 2nd stringers when the game is out of reach.

IMO it would take a lot to be worse than Schaub has been for us this season, so in my eyes Keenum is already better than Schaub. Hell atleast give the kid a shot to prove me wrong.
Old 10-13-2013   #71
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15632 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: These guys make millions playing a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
And people are "disgusted" and "ashamed" that some fans cheered when Schaub came off the field. He rolled his ANKLE, FFS! Good grief. This wasn't some head injury. If that were the case, it would be wrong. I don't support the fan who *supposedly* pulled into his driveway, but Schaub isn't in Iraq or Afghanistan dodging bullets for little pay. This guy is guaranteed 29 million dollars playing a fkn GAME. A game that he's not even great at. Contemplate that. Generations of his family have a great chance to be financially set, but hearing that people want him off the field when he hurt an ankle is too much? If that isn't the most soft-served sh*t I've ever heard of.
Is anyone going to bash me for this because I would like to hear it.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #72
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
was a part of the one TD scoring drive the Texans had
He also threw a pick six point the point being it looks like the season is over.
Old 10-13-2013   #73
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're not worth bashing! Waste of time and energy to bash someone like you!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #74
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with you. The texans are simply taking their anger out on the fans. Trying to deflect the real problems.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #75
OzzO
.. and then?

Quote:
He also threw a pick six point the point being it looks like the season is over.
So, you're saying he has 3 more games to match up with Schaub's turnovers?

Yeah, Yates isn't it either (and I don't think many, if any are saying that) and same with Case (however yet unproven) but I think we've seen enough of our first string QB and he isn't it.
Old 10-13-2013   #76
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
You can't teach class to classless people so why try?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #77
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15632 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
You're not worth bashing! Waste of time and energy to bash someone like you!!
LOL, I'm sure Schaub and his 20+ millions he's about to make will reward you somehow for that. It's unfortunate he sprained his ankle and may miss 2-3 weeks at the most. That hasn't happened to me since I was a teenager while skating, but I'm sure it's now catastrophic according to many of the posters on here.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #78
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, I'm sure Schaub and his 20+ millions he's about to make will reward you somehow for that. It's unfortunate he sprained his ankle and may miss 2-3 weeks at the most. That hasn't happened to me since I was a teenager while skating, but I'm sure it's now catastrophic according to many of the posters on here.

Possible you fell and landed on your head?

Old 10-13-2013   #79
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I texted "Yes!!!" to a couple of friends when I saw he was slow to get up. Is that considered cheering?
macho grande is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #80
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Quoted just for people to see your asshatery.
What a piece of **** that poster is

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read