Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013   #761
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
Did you never watch the oilers or something? I distinctly remember a certain playoff game vs the bills...
Nope, I started my fandom with the Houston Texans.
Old 10-13-2013   #762
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

You really have to just laugh at this game to prevent going crazy. This is 3 stooges ineptitude.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #763
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I hope we have seen enough of Yates. I have always called him mimiSchaub. I think Schaub is better than Yates. Have no clue about Case. May be worse than all but who knows. I surely don't trust Kubiak's evaluation of QB's see Carr, Schaub, orvlosky, leinart, Yates........

Time to move on.
True... what happened to being "the QB quru"? Maybe Kubiak should just be the QB coach and get someone else to HC if that's the case.

(err... pun not intended)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #764
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Hammer him EARLY and get a HEAD START on the available coaches.
It doesn't matter if you fire him in the middle of the season or at the end of the season when searching for a head coach.

The good ones will have the good jobs come to them.

I really hate interim head coaches, doesn't seem to accomplish much.
Old 10-13-2013   #765
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Take Matt with you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #766
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Wonder what McNair thinks we he sees this?

A. "Well, I already got my money today"
B. "Must be a major bathroom break"
C. "I need to get this turned around"
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #767
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
It doesn't matter if you fire him in the middle of the season or at the end of the season when searching for a head coach.

The good ones will have the good jobs come to them.

I really hate interim head coaches, doesn't seem to accomplish much.
gives the fanbase hope that something finally changes and the team isn't going to put up with this crap..that's what it does. We're big boy fans. We can take some interim coaching knowing that we are going to make some serious changes and get out of our denial that we have the right forumla under kewbs.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #768
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 33s
"A lot of fingers have been pointing at 1 thing lately, but today we sprung leaks all over the place." Kubiak #Texans

Old 10-13-2013   #769
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
gives the fanbase hope that something finally changes and the team isn't going to put up with this crap..that's what it does. We're big boy fans. We can take some interim coaching knowing that we are going to make some serious changes and get out of our denial that we have the right forumla under kewbs.
But you know Bob man, he's patient as hell. For better or worse that's just how he is.

If the team rallies around Wade and goes 7-9,8-8, or shows ANY promise at all we'll be giving Wade the head coaching job and that could last for who knows how much longer. Meanwhile, I don't think Kubiak can finish with that record and still be safe, but a interim coach can because he'll have the excuse of these first 6 games not being on him.

If the team has given up on Kubiak fine...that just means we can draft a stud in the draft. Not saying we give up on the season, but might as well let Kubiak finish off the season.
Old 10-13-2013   #770
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
But you know Bob man, he's patient as hell. For better or worse that's just how he is.

If the team rallies around Wade and goes 7-9,8-8, or shows ANY promise at all we'll be giving Wade the head coaching job and that could last for who knows how much longer. Meanwhile, I don't think Kubiak can finish with that record and still be safe, but a interim coach can because he'll have the excuse of these first 6 games not being on him.

If the team has given up on Kubiak fine...that just means we can draft a stud in the draft. Not saying we give up on the season, but might as well let Kubiak finish off the season.
Bob's losing his fans good will though. Fans are disgusted. Kubiak and his sad sack pressers are just too depressing for me to watch anymore. Hell, I'm a HUGE football fan and I have no interest in watching some dude with poor body language and depressing facial expressions try to get a team up emotionally in a league that thrives on emotion. That doesn't work....I'd done with Kubiak...I'm done supporting the HC. I'm done watching those pressers. They depress me.

Old 10-13-2013   #771
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Look on the bright side our draft position just got better, and The Walking Dead is on tv tonight.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #772
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Look on the bright side our draft position just got better, and The Walking Dead is on tv tonight.
Walking dead and Kubiak trending on Twitter

Old 10-13-2013   #773
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak has lost this team. A coaching change now can't hurt the product on the field.
PhilpW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #774
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
If that's what it takes to get schaub out, and the QB change can turn the season around, are you still going to feel that way?
Yes. I am still going to feel that way. See, here you are again, trying to justify the fact that you cheered for an injury. I wanted Schaub out, but not by way of an injury? You know why? Because 1. he's a human and no one DESERVES to be hurt, none the less have someone else cheer for it. He's got a family to take care of, and if he's hurt it just adds more problems to his life, which is already hectic enough from fans harassing him. 2. If he goes down with an injury, there's always that doubt, which gives him the chance to be put back in when he is healthy again. I'd rather him get benched without having to be injured, that way it puts all of that doubt to rest, plus if our backups like yates sucks (which he did already) we can put him back in.

Schaub is done, but there is no reason to cheer an injury. You continue to sit here and try to justify your actions, and saying I have "half full glasses" It doesn't take half moon glasses, or broken glasses to see you were clearly cheering his injury.

EDIT: Of course, I also want to point out the fact that Schaub was playing better this game than he had been in the past. He actually didn't turn the ball over today. The reason we lost were from turnovers from other palyers. Hopkins, Martin, and of course Yates. Of course, even if Schaub had already thrown three pick 6's, I still wouldn't have cheered an injury.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.

Last edited by Lurvinator11; 10-13-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Another thought
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #775
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Walking dead and Kubiak trending on Twitter
So is "Vince Young"

Quote:
Vince YoungVerified account‏@VinceYoung
Let them know VY is in shape and ready to go! I always loved my birth place and everyone who lives in it IM READY
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #776
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Vince you couldn't make it as tye 3rd string QB on the Bills. Full out an application at Cheesecake Factory as a greeter. God knows you can't read thr menu to be a waiter.
Old 10-13-2013   #777
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9555 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bob's losing his fans good will though. Fans are disgusted. Kubiak and his sad sack pressers are just too depressing for me to watch anymore. Hell, I'm a HUGE football fan and I have no interest in watching some dude with poor body language and depressing facial expressions try to get a team up emotionally in a league that thrives on emotion. That doesn't work....I'd done with Kubiak...I'm done supporting the HC. I'm done watching those pressers. They depress me.
Kubiak Depressers.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #778
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
In that scenario, both Harbaugh's would have gone for it. That's just confident, physical football.

Of course, their teams are rarely in this kind of hole because they are disciplined and well coached.
Baltimore did go for it on 4th and goal earlier in their game, the didn't convert and they lost by 2
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #779
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

I'm sorry to hear that Schuab's hurt now but its one reason to have Keenum active next week. It's always possible that Yates or Keenum might be able to lead this team back to wins again
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #780
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I feel the same way about that definitely.

I planned on watching the presser and post-game stuff to see if there would be any hints at a possible QB change next week...About 2 minutes in I couldn't take it anymore. Just will read the transcript later.

I'm still supporting the HC though, I still hope they can miraculously turn it around. I mean it would be awesome for them to only lose like 1 game at most from here on out and go to the superbowl...but I'm not betting my money on that happening.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read