Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-12-2013   #81
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AP son beaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I'm not a doctor but I would assume it wouldn't take much for a full grown man to beat a 2 year old "almost to death". One punch to the face could probably do it.

The question should be "who would harm a child?"
I have a 6, 4 and 1 and a half year old. And i could never imagine how someone could do such a thing, i even feel bad when i see othe rpeoples kids hurt, on that note if i were to get a hold of someone who nearly beat a child to death. He/she would be wishing for their death in the worst kind of way.
Old 10-12-2013   #82
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Seriously pray you never have children.

That would have nothing to do with your loss of control of parenting your child or children 100% of the time, especially if your wife left you
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #83
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
That would have nothing to do with your loss of control of parenting your child or children 100% of the time, especially if your wife left you
Dont waste your time with him. 40 hours a week his kids will be at school. For an hour everyday they'll be on a bus. For an hour on sundays theyll be in sunday school.And He'll never use a babysitter. Dude needs to tap into reality. Thanks for typecasting all athletes as bad dads while your at it...
Old 10-12-2013   #84
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who ever said anything about AP needing to have custody of the kid?

Custody? Seriously?

You know when you get custody for sure? By only sleeping with your wife and not knocking up half of America.

Which was my main point.

I don't blame AP for what happened to that kid.

But if the athletes we put up on pedestals were real men, they wouldn't go around sleeping with a different woman every night and not caring if kids were a result of that action. They don't care because there are no repercussions for them at all. The woman has to take care of the child and they still get to be the superstar. Or maybe the woman isn't the kind of woman that even needs to have a child ... cant take care of a child ... would leave her child with someone with a history of child abuse.

Does that athlete think of that? Does he care? Does he for one second in his life think what might happen to a kid because of the actions he is about to take? Nope.

The only person in this entire story I feel bad for is the child.
I believe that I have a grasp of your opinion about men who have children by different women. I'm curious about what your opinion is about parents who divorce that have children.

Even though I don't agree with parents having children without making a commitment to each other to be parents to their children until they are adults. On one hand, children from these relationships will probably not be as bonded with both parents as children of two parent families.

That lead me to the question of your opinion of the parent that leaves the relationship for whatever the reason. It seems the child/children who have been in a family structure long enough to identify/bond equally with the parents could possibly have a more difficult time in adjusting to a new environment. Do you hold a divorced parent in the same light when it comes to being there with their children? If so, why, if not, why not?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #85
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67904 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Where on earth has it been reported that the woman was his ex wife? There was no divorce. No custody battle. He didn't know about the child until recently -- reportedly hadn't met him until he was on life support -- and even the mother could only narrow it to one of two guys before the paternity test.

Peterson has been dating the same woman since he was at Oklahoma. They have a son together that is also two years old. So unless there was some mishap at a sperm donation clinic he slept with multiple women at the same time. While not a crime, this can have consequences. He behaved irresponsibly, and it led to the worst possible result.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #86
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Where on earth has it been reported that the woman was his ex wife? There was no divorce. No custody battle. He didn't know about the child until recently -- reportedly hadn't met him until he was on life support -- and even the mother could only narrow it to one of two guys before the paternity test.

Peterson has been dating the same woman since he was at Oklahoma. They have a son together that is also two years old. So unless there was some mishap at a sperm donation clinic he slept with multiple women at the same time. While not a crime, this can have consequences. He behaved irresponsibly, and it led to the worst possible result.

No one said this was peterson's ex wife. It's simply a point that was made for the moral high horse patrol that would never allow this to happen to their children
Old 10-13-2013   #87
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I believe that I have a grasp of your opinion about men who have children by different women. I'm curious about what your opinion is about parents who divorce that have children.

Even though I don't agree with parents having children without making a commitment to each other to be parents to their children until they are adults. On one hand, children from these relationships will probably not be as bonded with both parents as children of two parent families.

That lead me to the question of your opinion of the parent that leaves the relationship for whatever the reason. It seems the child/children who have been in a family structure long enough to identify/bond equally with the parents could possibly have a more difficult time in adjusting to a new environment. Do you hold a divorced parent in the same light when it comes to being there with their children? If so, why, if not, why not?
I was married at 17 years old because my girlfriend got pregnant. We stayed married for 22 years, not because we were hopelessly in love and the world was all wine and roses, but because we made a commitment and stuck to it. We divorced the year after our third and last child graduated high school. Being married so young, for the wrong reason was very difficult, but you have to be willing to put forth the effort. To make the sacrifices and insure that the children are the focal point.

That what is wrong with marriage it seems nowadays. People have kids, then still just focus on themselves and go about trying to live their dream. What about the kids? Who is protecting and training the kids?

That was an easy answer in my marriage, the parents were. They were protected, they were loved, and they were trained and educated well, and all three have become fine young adults.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #88
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
he slept with multiple women at the same time. While not a crime, this can have consequences. He behaved irresponsibly, and it led to the worst possible result.
Yep ...
Old 10-13-2013   #89
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was married at 17 years old because my girlfriend got pregnant. We stayed married for 22 years, not because we were hopelessly in love and the world was all wine and roses, but because we made a commitment and stuck to it. We divorced the year after our third and last child graduated high school. Being married so young, for the wrong reason was very difficult, but you have to be willing to put forth the effort. To make the sacrifices and insure that the children are the focal point.

That what is wrong with marriage it seems nowadays. People have kids, then still just focus on themselves and go about trying to live their dream. What about the kids? Who is protecting and training the kids?

That was an easy answer in my marriage, the parents were. They were protected, they were loved, and they were trained and educated well, and all three have become fine young adults.

What's also wrong with marriage is people jump into it just because a pregnancy pops up. Then two people not intending to be married or parents have two more kids and divorce as soon as the last gets out of school . I'm sure you view how you handled your situation and others could say having more kids was irresponsible
Old 10-13-2013   #90
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
and others could say having more kids was irresponsible
"Others" don't know if that was the plan all along, or if we intended to stay together forever and it just didn't work out. Most likely "others" are little kids who like to troll message boards and will never have a date, much less any children. Most likely ...
Old 10-13-2013   #91
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
"Others" don't know if that was the plan all along, or if we intended to stay together forever and it just didn't work out. Most likely "others" are little kids who like to troll message boards and will never have a date, much less any children. Most likely ...
Well by your own words your gf got prego(maybe you should have done a better job with birth control ) and you got married not because you wanted to but had to. Magically when all the kids were gone(the only reason you were married in the first place) the marriage was over. I'm sure parents not truly being in love was swell over the childhood years
Old 10-13-2013   #92
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 74447 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most people in this thread are idiots, immature and have no concept of reality. I pray you never have children because the sad reality is you're not ready for it. Life is rough and idiots in this world make it tougher. My thoughts are with Peterson, no one deserves to lose a child especially from the hands of another man. I hope this guy gets murdered in prison.
Old 10-13-2013   #93
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well by your own words your gf got prego(maybe you should have done a better job with birth control ) and you got married not because you wanted to but had to. Magically when all the kids were gone(the only reason you were married in the first place) the marriage was over. I'm sure parents not truly being in love was swell over the childhood years
Ok kid.
Old 10-13-2013   #94
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 353149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are clueless if you believe others, particularly the kids, do not know.

And before you go off on one of your holier than thou presumptions of no experience accusations, I have three kids and was the product of a sham marriage that stayed together until graduation time. I always knew what was coming.
Old 10-14-2013   #95
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ok kid.

If you were "Mr. Responsibility" how were you so irrresponsible that you allowed your girlfriend whom you didnt love to get pregnant?
Old 10-14-2013   #96
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You are clueless if you believe others, particularly the kids, do not know.

And before you go off on one of your holier than thou presumptions of no experience accusations, I have three kids and was the product of a sham marriage that stayed together until graduation time. I always knew what was coming.
And?

Fact remains you must be alive, because you posted this, and this whole thread started by talking about a horrible tragedy that happened to a two year old, and my bashing started when I had the audacity to have the opinion that the child would have been safer, and therefore most likely still be alive, if he would have had a father there to protect him.

As soon as my children were old enough my ex and I told them the entire story. Hell my oldest son even knows he was conceived in a car .... and owns that damn car! Lol.

Not sure what either you or 2012's point is, but have your fun.
Old 10-15-2013   #97
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122349 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And?

Fact remains you must be alive, because you posted this, and this whole thread started by talking about a horrible tragedy that happened to a two year old, and my bashing started when I had the audacity to have the opinion that the child would have been safer, and therefore most likely still be alive, if he would have had a father there to protect him.

As soon as my children were old enough my ex and I told them the entire story. Hell my oldest son even knows he was conceived in a car .... and owns that damn car! Lol.

Having an opinion is one thing, riding a moral high horse is another.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #98
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And?

Your kids knew well before you told them.

The point? Im not sure you should be throwing around judgment when your own has been questionable at times
Old 10-15-2013   #99
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Your message is a good one for the most part, but I don't agree that a parent can't still go after their dreams after they have children. I think you take care of the health and well being of the child along with the rest of your family, but that doesn't mean that you can't chase your own dreams still.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #100
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What about if the mother and father sleep in seperate rooms? Absolutely no love between the two? What do you think that does to the kids? Is it better to raise your kids in an unhappy marriage, or better to raise your kids individually and to the best of your ability, which would in turn make the parents happy? You know....if both are being honest that is.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read