Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013   #21
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

Look, we aren't going anywhere with Schaub as the QB. I think we almost all know that. The best thing for the team would be for Schaub to pull a Schaub early and then get benched, while the Texans still get the W. Schaub can't beat the elite and its been that way for years. A fool's gold game by Schaub would be the worst thing that could happen.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #22
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Look, we aren't going anywhere with Schaub as the QB. I think we almost all know that. The best thing for the team would be for Schaub to pull a Schaub early and then get benched, while the Texans still get the W. Schaub can't beat the elite and its been that way for years. A fool's gold game by Schaub would be the worst thing that could happen.
Pretty much sums up how I feel.
Old 10-13-2013   #23
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agree with this, if he looks awesome against this terrible rams team than Kubiak will forget his last 4 games and there will be no end in sight to Schaubs true suckiness.
Old 10-13-2013   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Agree with this, if he looks awesome against this terrible rams team than Kubiak will forget his last 4 games and there will be no end in sight to Schaubs true suckiness.
The Rams have a NFL team. If Schaub looks awesome against them, well that would be awesome. I would change my tune and wait ti see if he could consistently be awesome.

However, I don't expect that to happen. I don't think there is a switch that can change Matt Schaub into the QB he once was. But if that switch exists, I will welcome it.
Old 10-13-2013   #25
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub has a solid performance today - it is next week that will probably determine his fate. A poor showing and loss in KC with a bye week to follow might actually lead to a permanent change.
Old 10-13-2013   #26
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I could be completely wrong, I've been know to be so in the past but I have the feeling that we are seeing the last days of Matt Schaub the starter in Houston. After McNair and Rick Smith's 'on the record' comments regarding #8 during the off season and the way his contract is structured I see the fork in the road coming after this season.
I agree... I'm a Schaub supporter and Sunshine Pumper. But I think the only thing that will save Schaub's long-term future as a Texan will be a Super Bowl win. I can definitely see the Texans drafting a QB in the first round next year.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #27
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

So what happens if Schaub throws yet another pick 6, but it clearly wasn't his fault? For example, receiver runs the wrong route, or perfectly thrown ball gets tipped by receiver and into a defender's hands.

I think fans will still boo and demand his benching.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #28
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Rams have a NFL team. If Schaub looks awesome against them, well that would be awesome. I would change my tune and wait ti see if he could consistently be awesome.

However, I don't expect that to happen. I don't think there is a switch that can change Matt Schaub into the QB he once was. But if that switch exists, I will welcome it.
But he is not going to consistently be awesome anymore. And even when he was, it was only against weaker teams like the Rams. It's done.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #29
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
So what happens if Schaub throws yet another pick 6, but it clearly wasn't his fault? For example, receiver runs the wrong route, or perfectly thrown ball gets tipped by receiver and into a defender's hands.

I think fans will still boo and demand his benching.
I think hypothetical are pointless. If I had posed the scenario after the Charger MNF win that Schaub would keep his job after throwing pick 6's in 4 consecutive games, I would be lambasted. And deservedly so.

Fans are frustrated that Kubiak won't make the change that is so obvious to them. And that frustration is demonstrated by booing. That's their right. I don't see how one play would change that perception.
Old 10-13-2013   #30
Lucky

Quote:
But he is not going to consistently be awesome anymore. And even when he was, it was only against weaker teams like the Rams. It's done.
It's well done. Burnt, even.

Hoping for Schaub to turn this around is like waiting for Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and the Great Pumpkin to come to your birthday party. You can hope it happens. Just don't hold your breath.
Old 10-13-2013   #31
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Inactives: QB Keenum, RB Wood, DE Montgomery, OL Gardner, Dobbins, DE Jamison, and OL White.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #32
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Living in DFW is a drag sometimes...there's no broadcast, so I'll have to go to a Buffalo Wild Wings or something to watch today's game. Which means that I'll likely be pissed off and pushing the legal limit in my over the hill 4 cylinder on the way home; that's assuming this bad "trap game" feeling I have comes to fruition...again.

Eff it. Go Texans!!!
Old 10-13-2013   #33
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Living in DFW is a drag sometimes...there's no broadcast, so I'll have to go to a Buffalo Wild Wings or something to watch today's game. Which means that I'll likely be pissed off and pushing the legal limit in my over the hill 4 cylinder on the way home; that's assuming this bad "trap game" feeling I have comes to fruition...again.

Eff it. Go Texans!!!
This. Why is DFW the only part of Texas that doesn't get the Texans game?
Old 10-13-2013   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Posting from section 609, ready to support my team.

Old 10-13-2013   #35
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
This. Why is DFW the only part of Texas that doesn't get the Texans game?
It's half NFL broadcasting rules and half Jerry Jones' stranglehold over the media market. Today's game is on FOX, not a snowball's chance in hell of that game being broadcast here.
Old 10-13-2013   #36
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's half NFL broadcasting rules and half Jerry Jones' stranglehold over the media market. Today's game is on FOX, not a snowball's chance in hell of that game being broadcast here.
When i first moved to SA 3 years ago, they only showed the cowgirls games, not they show every single texans game besides maybe 1 a season due to broadcasting rules.
Old 10-13-2013   #37
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ready for the game, just have no idea what to expect. KTBC FOX here in Austin still says Teams TBA for the noon game and any Austinites (myself included) get nervous when the Texans are not committed to as we Texans fans here have been dicked more ways than you can count before. So, especially with the recent poor play hopefully the game is on as it should be.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #38
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If the Cowboys were playing, it would make sense to me...but the Cowboys have a Sunday night game.
Old 10-13-2013   #39
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's go Texans! Should win this one. Matt, just be careful when you throw please.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #40
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe I'm up at 1 AM again to watch this team. I said last week I was done watching them for October if Schaub wasn't benched at halftime.

Here I am, though. Like a codependent. "No, baby, I'm sorry, I'll change...I'll never do it again!" (Insert pick 6 here)

Ugh. Being a die hard fan is...well, you know.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read