Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #141
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In support of Case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
I guarantee matt schaub will have a break out game playing a complete game plus everyone talking about superbowl again. book it!
I think everyone gets it. Let's stop re-posting in every thread, OK?
Old 10-13-2013   #142
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

should have activated case today. then again, the kubiak regime stinks regardless who's behind the center.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #143
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I said it in this thread earlier. Yates is not the answer. There may not be any QB on our roster that's the answer considering the way that all 3 phases played today, but Kubiak has to think about playing Case right now. Just do something!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #144
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Case should be active and should play next week because we need to see how he performs in live fire. If he's amazing then that's awesome and we use him. If he's bad we can start sending all our scouts out to follow Louisville, Clemson, Oregon, and A&M
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #145
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I said it in this thread earlier. Yates is not the answer. There may not be any QB on our roster that's the answer considering the way that all 3 phases played today, but Kubiak has to think about playing Case right now. Just do something!
On the flip side, it feels like the Kubiak game plan sets up a QB -- almost **any* QB -- for failure, and if Keenum can be an adequate NFL QB I'd rather it be with a new regime, a new start for the team and one that won't leave him the psychological baggage of failing in the Kubiak system.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #146
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

how many long balls thrown today?
Old 10-13-2013   #147
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
how many long balls thrown today?
Indeed. I'm not sure Keenum's skill set is a good fit for Kubiak's "offense".
Old 10-13-2013   #148
stonewhite
Veteran

Rep Power: 1768 stonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respected

Can someone tell me why Keenum would not be activated in todays game?
stonewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #149
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Indeed. I'm not sure Keenum's skill set is a good fit for Kubiak's "offense".
i'm not sure either, but i'd like to find out. case holds the clip board the best.
Old 10-13-2013   #150
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewhite View Post
Partially, Kubiak's sense of loyalty -- which is a good trait to a point, until it blinds you to changes that NEED to be made. Schaub is his guy, and Yates has been his #2. As long as those two are on the roster, that will probably never change in Kubiak's mind.
Old 10-13-2013   #151
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And when case throws his pick 6 on an out right to the TE or AJ, then what?

There's no doubt that a better qb would make us a better team...but as i sit and watch the current steelers, giants, falcons and to a lesser extent packers....teams who have qb's infinitely better than schaub but have other things holding their teams back......i mean how much better are we going to be with the same bum ass head coach?

This teams issues are deeper than just 1 player...the HC and his system have been exposed and he has absolutely no answer on how to counter.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #152
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

This game elevated Keenum's status.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #153
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
This game elevated Keenum's status.
Pretty sad when your stock goes way up even when you did nothing....
Old 10-13-2013   #154
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

There's no doubt that a better qb would make us a better team...but as i sit and watch the current steelers, giants, falcons and to a lesser extent packers....teams who have qb's infinitely better than schaub but have other things holding their teams back......i mean how much better are we going to be with the same bum ass head coach?

This teams issues are deeper than just 1 player.
Maybe Case reads defenses better and doesn't try that play regardless of what is called? Maybe Case tucks it and runs for 4 yards or more. Maybe Case scrambles and makes a play....

We know what Yates and Matt will do with it, but from what I've seen of Case is that he's mentally quicker than both. It WAS just preseason, but that's just what I've seen of him.
Old 10-13-2013   #155
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Pretty sad when your stock goes way up even when you did nothing....
actually case had done something in preseason, practice, and camp. he's just waiting in line.
Old 10-13-2013   #156
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This teams issues are deeper than just 1 player...the HC and his system have been exposed and he has absolutely no answer on how to counter.
At this point you have to realize that the Texans aren't going to the Super Bowl. Realizing that you have to evaluate your roster to make the correct decisions moving forward. If Case comes in and throws up all over himself then the team needs to look for a franchise QB in the upcoming draft. Not that hard to figure out.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #157
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're right, you're right...you're right! BUT! Did you notice in the pre-season when they had Case both under center...AND...they worked him a great deal in the spread offense, especially the last pre-season game? It happened.

That means it's in the playbook. That also means that there is at least some willingness to break from the same ol' same ol'. (At least there is that hope).

Having said that, you don't dip into the Keenum pool too deeply until the season is lost, numbers wise. At 2-4 it's still not.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #158
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At this point you have to realize that the Texans aren't going to the Super Bowl. Realizing that you have to evaluate your roster to make the correct decisions moving forward. If Case comes in and throws up all over himself then the team needs to look for a franchise QB in the upcoming draft. Not that hard to figure out.

The bolded needs to happen regardless of what case does....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #159
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
You're right, you're right...you're right! BUT! Did you notice in the pre-season when they had Case both under center...AND...they worked him a great deal in the spread offense, especially the last pre-season game? It happened.

That means it's in the playbook. That also means that there is at least some willingness to break from the same ol' same ol'. (At least there is that hope).

Having said that, you don't dip into the Keenum pool too deeply until the season is lost, numbers wise. At 2-4 it's still not.
I think it's just about time.

Matt didn't come in there and tear it up exactly. You were blown out twice now and now on a 4 game losing streak. You go out there and try the same old same old and I'm sure the players will start to roll their eyes.

What you're doing is not working, so something major has to change.
Old 10-13-2013   #160
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewhite View Post
All 53 players can't be active. I believe only 47 or something. So the third qb usually isn't active.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read