Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-12-2013   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: AP son beaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
It's not personal. You make wild unrealistic assumption and spread ignorance.
You're pushing it. There is nothing unrealistic about saying I wouldn't let someone else raise my kid, especially if I had AD's money.
Old 10-12-2013   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
What has happened to you the last couple of weeks? I have been agreeing with you almost non-stop, it is creeping me out.

Anyway, blaming this on AP is ridiculous. This is on the ****-bag that beat the kid.
Back up. No one is blaming anything on AD... that's just people with reading comprehension isues.
Old 10-12-2013   #63
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
First of all, if you have kids, be a father and raise them.

Don't go around having fifty kids with forty different women and just keep walking away leaving the women to deal with your children. Too many professional athletes do just that, and it sickens me.

There is no amount of money or fame on this earth that could take the place of the pure unadulterated joy of simply being a father. Not only are these loser "no-show" dads missing out, but their kids are missing out. Maybe it is because of the culture they are raised in, since you hear about this being prevalent in certain sectors of society, but it is damn sad.

Second of all, if that is my kid ... "Patterson is scheduled to appear in court later this morning" wouldn't be necessary ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not to turn this around on AD, but there's no way I'm letting someone else raise my kid. With his money, he should have no problem making that happen.
Quote:
The point is how many women are there out there with "drive-by" kids from professional athletes? They just screw whoever, they want and don't worry about kids because they have the money to pay support. They never give a second thought to the child and just dump all the responsibility on the mother. That isn't being a father. If you want to have unprotected sex be prepared to act like a father. If you are acting like a father, then some loser doesn't beat your kid to death. Fairly simple to figure out ...
Quote:
That is most definitely not my point. All I said was that I wouldn't let anyone else raise my kids, especially if I had the financial resources that Peterson has.

Now, I recently found out that AD recently found out that it was his kid. For all I know (& a good reason I did not pass judgement) he was in the process of gaining custody of his kid.
Quote:
The loser wouldn't be around the kid ... because the father would be there.

Obviously you don't have children.

Maybe you and Illini need to have some so you can learn what the hell you are taking about.
Quote:
Back up. No one is blaming anything on AD... that's just people with reading comprehension isues.
Saying that this does not happen if the father (AP) was present is blaming him. It is not a difficult concept to grasp.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #64
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're pushing it. There is nothing unrealistic about saying I wouldn't let someone else raise my kid, especially if I had AD's money.
Yes it is unrealistic to think if you had money that would prevent someone else from raising your kid. Money doesn't equal sole custody
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #65
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Are there people in this thread claiming they run criminal background checks on people they date?

Quote:
Yes it is unrealistic to think if you had money that would prevent someone else from raising your kid. Money doesn't equal sole custody
Correct. TK is also failing to recognize that being gone 6+ months of the year is a huge detriment to a single dad getting primary custody.

Also even if he got primary custody, she is going to get a month in the summer and other visitation and guess who will be there - folks you have no control over.
Old 10-12-2013   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Saying that this does not happen if the father (AP) was present is blaming him. It is not a difficult concept to grasp.
Don't lump me I. With that guy. I did my best to distance myself from his statements.
Old 10-12-2013   #67
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't lump me I. With that guy. I did my best to distance myself from his statements.
I have some of your posts quoted there too. While you may have been more tactful in how you said it, you still said it.

Own your statements, or don't make them at all.
Old 10-12-2013   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I have some of your posts quoted there too. While you may have been more tactful in how you said it, you still said it.

Own your statements, or don't make them at all.
I don't trust anyone else to raise my kid. I think most of us feel that way.

I definitely feel this wouldn't have happened if the kid was with me, or in this case AD. Would you disagree with that? Nothing I said blames Peterson for not having custody. kingwhatever is definitely assessing blame on Peterson. Big difference between what he said & what I said.
Old 10-12-2013   #69
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I definitely feel this wouldn't have happened if the kid was with me, or in this case AD. Would you disagree with that? Nothing I said blames Peterson for not having custody. kingwhatever is definitely assessing blame on Peterson. Big difference between what he said & what I said.

You nor ad could prevent this kid from being around a boyfriend
Old 10-12-2013   #70
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:

I would think that most parents would want to be with their kid. Maybe AP did not, maybe he did. We dont know, and to assume that he did not is blaming Peterson for this tragedy.

Now, if it comes out that Peterson knew about the kid and did not care about having custody... then sure, he deserves a share of the blame.
Old 10-12-2013   #71
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now, if it comes out that Peterson knew about the kid and did not care about having custody... then sure, he deserves a share of the blame.
Consider the logistics of this. What does AP having custody mean during the season? It basically means the kid is in the custody of someone he hires to take care of him.
Old 10-12-2013   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I would think that most parents would want to be with their kid. Maybe AP did not, maybe he did. We dont know, and to assume that he did not is blaming Peterson for this tragedy.

I have no idea what kind of involvement AD wanted to have with this kid. I made no speculation of such. I said what my preferences would be & that having his resources would help me make it happen.
Old 10-12-2013   #73
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Consider the logistics of this. What does AP having custody mean during the season? It basically means the kid is in the custody of someone he hires to take care of him.
That is a good point, and one I did not consider.
Old 10-12-2013   #74
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not to turn this around on AD, but there's no way I'm letting someone else raise my kid. With his money, he should have no problem making that happen.
It's evident you have no experience with Texas family court. $ does not give you custody.
Old 10-12-2013   #75
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well, to be fair it's unlikely he'd hire someone convicted of beating a child to take care of his kid. They may not run background checks on ex spouse's future dates, but it's pretty common for employment.

Honestly, I can see a lot of TK, rmartin, $ 2012's point here. I'm not saying AD deserves to be held criminally liable or anything close. But if this happened to me I would definitely be having a few sleepless nights. If I fathered a child I didn't know about for two years and my son died when I wasn't there to protect him I would feel guilty about it. I made the decision to sleep with this woman, and there are responsibilities that come with that.

It's the reason I don't have kids. I don't know that I could be the right kind of father to them.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #76
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126709 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys can take some fantasy moral high ground on this if you want but it means your not familiar with the circumstances or reality. Let me clue you into how it really works. Judges dont like taking custody away from mothers. Especially, mothers who were the sole parent for a couple of years. Judges dont take children away from siblings either. Unless the mom is a criminal or is entirely apathetic, dads are usually up **** creek. Are there exceptions? Sure. But the rule of thumb is easy: nuts = second class parent in the eyes of most courts. Celebrity status and money just meant ap was paying for her top dollar lawyers to. Being a separated father is the last widely accepted discrimination out there. I've dealt with it first hand, and mom's are free to expose your children to whomever they please.
Old 10-12-2013   #77
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who ever said anything about AP needing to have custody of the kid?

Custody? Seriously?

You know when you get custody for sure? By only sleeping with your wife and not knocking up half of America.

Which was my main point.

I don't blame AP for what happened to that kid.

But if the athletes we put up on pedestals were real men, they wouldn't go around sleeping with a different woman every night and not caring if kids were a result of that action. They don't care because there are no repercussions for them at all. The woman has to take care of the child and they still get to be the superstar. Or maybe the woman isn't the kind of woman that even needs to have a child ... cant take care of a child ... would leave her child with someone with a history of child abuse.

Does that athlete think of that? Does he care? Does he for one second in his life think what might happen to a kid because of the actions he is about to take? Nope.

The only person in this entire story I feel bad for is the child.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Poor kid didn't make it.

I'd kill that S.o.B. given the opportunity.
Old 10-12-2013   #79
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Who ever said anything about AP needing to have custody of the kid?

Custody? Seriously?

You know when you get custody for sure? By only sleeping with your wife and not knocking up half of America.

Which was my main point.

I don't blame AP for what happened to that kid.

But if the athletes we put up on pedestals were real men, they wouldn't go around sleeping with a different woman every night and not caring if kids were a result of that action. They don't care because there are no repercussions for them at all. The woman has to take care of the child and they still get to be the superstar. Or maybe the woman isn't the kind of woman that even needs to have a child ... cant take care of a child ... would leave her child with someone with a history of child abuse.

Does that athlete think of that? Does he care? Does he for one second in his life think what might happen to a kid because of the actions he is about to take? Nope.

The only person in this entire story I feel bad for is the child.

And again you fail to grasp this very thing could happen to your child and you would have zero control over it despite only sleeping with your wife. Sometimes when you sit that high on a horse the fall can be devastating
Old 10-12-2013   #80
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And again you fail to grasp this very thing could happen to your child and you would have zero control over it despite only sleeping with your wife. Sometimes when you sit that high on a horse the fall can be devastating
Seriously pray you never have children.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read