Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2013   #1501
RunningTheSouth
Rookie

Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Schaub's trash, he's bringing the whole team down!
RunningTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1502
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Will the Texans sign Vince Young or Tim Tebow tomorrow? Or perhaps start Case Keenum at Kansas City next Sunday? At 2-4, I just want a reason to be excited until we draft Johnny Manziel or Aaron Murray in April.
Old 10-13-2013   #1503
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Will the Texans sign Vince Young or Tim Tebow tomorrow? Or perhaps start Case Keenum at Kansas City next Sunday? At 2-4, I just want a reason to be excited until we draft Johnny Manziel or Aaron Murray in April.
Losing is how you get Manziel. Just ask the Colts & Luck. Maybe the 49ers game convinced them to pack it in for the season, but Foster didn't get the memo.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1504
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince says he's ready.

FFS. This makes me ill. Here come the VY slobberers again.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1505
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

in defense to schaub, matt did good moving the ball.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1506
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
No kidding. Not only that this one time I saw David Carr set a record for most consecutive completions. It was swell!
Old 10-13-2013   #1507
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
No kidding. Not only that this one time I saw David Carr set a record for most consecutive completions. It was swell!
BWAHAHAHAHA

Tried to rep man but MSR

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1508
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the object is to score TDs. The stalling in the redzone may be because MS does not throw to right receiver. TD's early could have made a difference.
We do not see the plays to know what the QB should do vs what he actually does. He either may not see the receiver or he is afraid to make the throw.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1509
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
the object is to score TDs. The stalling in the redzone may be because MS does not throw to right receiver. TD's early could have made a difference.
We do not see the plays to know what the QB should do vs what he actually does. He either may not see the receiver or he is afraid to make the throw.
He's definitely afraid to throw been like that for a long time man.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1510
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Same OL' Matt as he's always been. When guys aren't getting wide open down field from the play action he struggled to finish drives. Yeah we can move the ball. So what.

Kubiak lost this team sticking with Schaub. I guarantee if Matt doesn't play next game, this team will play a lot better. Guys will be energized.

The season is over, but we need to start working towards next year. It's about building for the future at this point.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1511
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the announcers made a statement today , one that I have made multiple times in the past few weeks - Schaub's footwork is bad.

That is amplified when he has to move off his spot. He's damaged goods.

How bout Yates today ?! 2 INT's - one returned for a 98 yard score.

Who wants Yates next week ?!

Downside here is its going to fuel the Keenum fires ..... (Tho at this point , I wouldn't mind seeing Keenum get a shot).

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1512
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Especially where he moved the moved ball 5 yards on 3rd and 7.
Old 10-13-2013   #1513
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
One of the announcers made a statement today , one that I have made multiple times in the past few weeks - Schaub's footwork is bad.

That is amplified when he has to move off his spot. He's damaged goods.

How bout Yates today ?! 2 INT's - one returned for a 98 yard score.

Who wants Yates next week ?!

Downside here is its going to fuel the Keenum fires ..... (Tho at this point , I wouldn't mind seeing Keenum get a shot).
I want to see keenum, but I will settle for Yates.

I think if he goes into the week as the starter he'll play better and I think the team will play better knowing that Schaub won't be there.
Old 10-13-2013   #1514
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

But but Peyton manning Schaubed today
Old 10-13-2013   #1515
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I don't see the downside. The Texans need to see what they have at QB before moving forward. The answer may be zilch, but we don't know that for sure.
Old 10-13-2013   #1516
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
And the Texans still lost the game.
Old 10-13-2013   #1517
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't see the downside. The Texans need to see what they have at QB before moving forward. The answer may be zilch, but we don't know that for sure.
That's my thoughts on all this.

At least give guys a chance to prove themselves. We know that Schaub is not good enough. Yates has shown he likely isn't either. But I'd give both a shot in the remaining games.
Old 10-13-2013   #1518
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

no matter who we see out there we will have those maddening array of short crossing routes, Andre not targeted in the end zone, and QB's afraid to make a back shoulder pass, or throw a guy open because of the Stalag 8 rule of take no chances. Eventually teams come to the conclusion that the Texans are not going to take a chance deep unless it's a play action pass, so they squat on the short crossing routes. The only way this ironic Texans offense works is if we have the lead. Otherwise it's friggin' yakety sax.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1519
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWfWx0tIAAAW5nU.jpg

Posted other thread but I believe Schaub is out for a while
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #1520
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

since he already suffered the injury, i hope hes done for the season tbh. the season was already a waste coming into it with matt. this is the only way to force people to make decisions.. yates looks like he will struggle, case will get a shot.. the worst that happens is the pro-schaub crowd get to beat their chests because he is indeed better than his backups.. congrats.. qb heavy draft next year, if we ignore that and draft to help schaub i will lose it..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read