Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2013   #1461
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
so this thread was moved but the kubiak names matt schaub starter isnt.

i see how its gonna be around here.
You haven't been getting the hint so far. Go destroy some other forum please.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1462
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "What’s Wrong With Matt?" by Sage Rosenfels

To be truthful, I have never really liked Schaub. I wanted Rosenfels to start when he was here. I always liked him. Even after the Rosencopter game, which I was muttering obscenities as I was leaving Reliant Stadium, I still respected him.

Sage had a Greek Tragedy type of aura around him. He had balls and wanted to make plays for his team. Schaub doesn't have those things. What was "tragic" was his talent did not allow for him to actually make the plays his body and mind wanted him to do.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1463
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

He will probably just start another account
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1464
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
To be truthful, I have never really liked Schaub. I wanted Rosenfels to start when he was here. I always liked him. Even after the Rosencopter game, which I was muttering obscenities as I was leaving Reliant Stadium, I still respected him.

Sage had a Greek Tragedy type of aura around him. He had balls and wanted to make plays for his team. Schaub doesn't have those things. What was "tragic" was his talent did not allow for him to actually make the plays his body and mind wanted him to do.
Sage = Oedipus
Schaub = Agamemnon

I've been studying for Classical Civ too long
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1465
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Bro has left the building.

For the record I totally refuse to call him breh
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1466
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought sage should have been our stop gap instead of going after Schaub. I think this team would have been better for it. And I actually do think he had the physical talent. Remember, sage covered kicks for us when he came here.

I think that rosecopter game did him in though. That was his shot and I think if he makes that play or doesn't fumble, it would have been hard to justify starting Schaub after that.

But that's not how it happened and really this stuff is just fun to think about. Iiwii now.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1467
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Sage = Oedipus
Schaub = Agamemnon

I've been studying for Classical Civ too long
Sage is going to kill kubiak and marry Schaub?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1468
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I always liked him. Even after the Rosencopter game, which I was muttering obscenities as I was leaving Reliant Stadium, I still respected him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think that rosecopter game did him in though. That was his shot and I think if he makes that play or doesn't fumble, it would have been hard to justify starting Schaub after that.
The thing about Rosencopter is that he was trying to make a play. I like that he had the drive to go for it. That's the kind of cut throat attitude a lot of people think we're missing on offense. It's easy to make fun of him for it, but like you two I have some respect for him putting himself in that situation.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1469
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Its a good read, but it's nothing that everyone who has an ounce of football knowledge didn't already know...mentally he's a mess right now & after the SF game...i'm not sure he'll ever make it back...
Guys on the radio (I can't remember who) were saying that Schaub hasn't thrown 3 INTs in a game since 2009 (I think). So we know he's had bad games before & gotten past it. But this is something totally different. The pick6, then the pick6 in 4 consecutive games, then that we're 1-4 in those games.

I know people don't want to hear it, but the only way to really get him out of it, without going back into his shell, is for the defense & the run game to pick up the slack.

He needs to make better decisions, but he also needs to stay aggressive & the only way that can happen is if we win in spite of the pick 6. The offenses we've faced aren't really playing very well. Sure we're making it easy for them, giving them the short field. But if we were to eliminate the long TD scoring drives, we win those games.

Schaub should remain under intense scrutiny, I'm not saying any different. But if we believe he must "play-through" it, I'm sure winning would go a long way. Stop thinking about mistakes & losing & focus on winning. He had ample opportunity to win the game in Seattle, even after the pick 6. He didn't.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 10-11-2013 at 07:02 PM.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1470
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Interesting insight on his situation. Basically he says Matt is going to have to mentally get past his mistakes to get back to playing well. Playing guarded and conservative is only going to lead to more simple costly mistakes. So what I take from that is we need to let'er rip and come out rockin. I personally would like to see more bombs and big play attempts.
I was thinking the same thing. Fisher is probably expecting us to plan on running roughshod all over them & is going over the intricacies of shutting down the cutback lanes.

This is probably the game that opening with the bootleg could lead to a quick easy score.
Old 10-11-2013   #1471
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Looks like Bro has left the building.

For the record I totally refuse to call him breh
awwww man i feel like a fat girl in a chesse cake factory now
Old 10-11-2013   #1472
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Guys on the radio (I can't remember who) were saying that Schaub hasn't thrown 3 INTs in a game since 2009 (I think). So we know he's had bad games before & gotten past it. But this is something totally different. The pick6, then the pick6 in 4 consecutive games, then that we're 1-4 in those games.

I know people don't want to hear it, but the only way to really get him out of it, without going back into his shell, is for the defense & the run game to pick up the slack.

He needs to make better decisions, but he also needs to stay aggressive & the only way that can happen is if we win in spite of the pick 6. None of the offenses we've faced aren't really playing very well. Sure we're making it easy for them, giving them the short field. But if we were to eliminate the long TD scoring drives, we win those games.

Schaub should remain under intense scrutiny, I'm not saying any different. But if we believe he must "play-through" it, I'm sure winning would go a long way. Stop thinking about mistakes & losing & focus on winning. He had ample opportunity to win the game in Seattle, even after the pick 6. He didn't.

Nah, he's done & its time to move on simply b/c the majority of the fan base has turned on him....and every time this guy makes a mistake he has the potential to go into streaks like this from here on out.. Even if we turn this season around, the only situation in which i can see Schaub here next year is if we win the SB this season with him at the helm......and suffice it to say, that's likely not happening....its time this franchise settled the qb position...we've got to go after someone high in the draft...regardless of how this season pans out....this is the draft to do it.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1473
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
HAMMER TIME?

I hope so. Thank Goodness. Good riddance.

Very good tolerance level for this cat IMHO. Where do these stirrers come from. It's obvious he's Keenum knobber but dayum, where does it end.

Here, right now I hope.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1474
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nah, he's done & its time to move on simply b/c the majority of the fan base has turned on him....and every time this guy makes a mistake he has the potential to go into streaks like this from here on out.. Even if we turn this season around, the only situation in which i can see Schaub here next year is if we win the SB this season with him at the helm......and suffice it to say, that's likely not happening....its time this franchise settled the qb position...we've got to go after someone high in the draft...regardless of how this season pans out....this is the draft to do it.
I believe that we have proven the we cannot afford to consistently be a one dimensional team and still expect to win consistently.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1475
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, even with a SB win you go QB in the first round, and make a move to get into the top 12. There's 4-5 guys after Bridgewater that could pan out.

You open camp with an all out QB competition. Question is do you flat out cut Schaub or allow him to compete for the job?
Old 10-11-2013   #1476
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yes, even with a SB win you go QB in the first round, and make a move to get into the top 12. There's 4-5 guys after Bridgewater that could pan out.

You open camp with an all out QB competition. Question is do you flat out cut Schaub or allow him to compete for the job?
we've had him since 2006 hmmmm....na he has had his time here, been ups and downs but we need to move on already.
Old 10-11-2013   #1477
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

That should have been done last offseason/preseason. Next year, all it does is take away important 1st team reps from our potential QB of the future.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1478
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That should have been done last offseason/preseason. Next year, all it does is take away important 1st team reps from our potential QB of the future.
Last time the Texans decided to part ways with the franchise QB they replaced him and cut him shortly thereafter. I don't know if they would do that the same way this time or not. I understand they tried to trade Carr but there was no interest. Everyone knew he was going to be cut. If they start shopping Schaub even discreetly I think the same thing would happen. Someone would certainly be interested but everyone would realize that he was about to be a free agent and just wait.

I think that when they decide to move on from Schaub (assuming we're talking offseason move) there's zero chance he sticks around to compete for the starters spot.
Old 10-11-2013   #1479
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Last time the Texans decided to part ways with the franchise QB they replaced him and cut him shortly thereafter. I don't know if they would do that the same way this time or not. I understand they tried to trade Carr but there was no interest. Everyone knew he was going to be cut. If they start shopping Schaub even discreetly I think the same thing would happen. Someone would certainly be interested but everyone would realize that he was about to be a free agent and just wait.

I think that when they decide to move on from Schaub (assuming we're talking offseason move) there's zero chance he sticks around to compete for the starters spot.
I pretty much concur .... you also have to take into account Schaub's contract implications on a team's salary cap should they trade for him - Its simply not worth it to take him at his current salary when they can negotiate a much better deal as a FA.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #1480
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Its gonna suck to eat that dead money. What will that figure be? Does it take away from the actual cap or is it just payed to Schaub and you still have full amount of cap to sign players?

Not that I would want to start Schaub but say he performs decent in camp, the team knowing all the while they will be going with Keenum or QB drafted and still Create a small market for Schaub in the process? Saying he won't be the QB whatsoever kinda shows your hand and you lose all leverage. Im just trying to think of best case scenario obviously, but crazy things happen during camp and a team or two could get desperate for a QB

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read