Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2013   #1441
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "What’s Wrong With Matt?" by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
absolutely ridiculously empty article by another back up qb.

The whole thing is about a failed quarterback reliving his past failures and offering little to no insight as to what's wrong with schaub.

Absolutely worthless article.

Makes me think this is another paid leave matt schaub alone article by the texans organization. as if the fake harassment wasnt enough.

thanks for nothing rosencopter.
How do you have any green in your rep, half the posts i read from you are a waste of space and my time. The other half are so stupid and biased that they make me want to jump off the nearest bridge. And WTF does your retarded name even mean ? Did you have spell check turned off the day you blessed us with your alias....

On another note it was a pretty good article.
Old 10-11-2013   #1442
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
How do you have any green in your rep, half the posts i read from you are a waste of space and my time. The other half are so stupid and biased that they make me want to jump off the nearest bridge. And WTF does your retarded name even mean ? Did you have spell check turned off the day you blessed us with your alias....

Be careful, that dog bites!! Lol
Old 10-11-2013   #1443
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122349 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I actually love it when people come at me, it gets me a chance to respond, but seeing as there is a double standard where people who are new cant respond back to name calling done by older posters without getting warned by mods i let it go.

Lol at your pathetic lame attempt to finally answer what it was that sage said was wrong with schaub, and you answer is that sage is giving HIS first hand account of struggling.

You're the one with the reading problems. There was nothing informative or new about what sage said.

Absolutely nothing but keep reaching.

htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1444
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 282262 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102393

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1445
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage gave an answer that even if true does not provide a tangible solution to the problem.
Old 10-11-2013   #1446
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
and your logic to counter that logic is that if kubiak was fired he would get rehired quickly so he is an offensive genius.

lol....

You can look at his stats/rankings as an O.C and see he was among one of the best every season. And we have a top 10 offensive in the NFL every season and i can assure you that isnt because of Dennison. Did you recently just begin following football or something ?!?!?
Old 10-11-2013   #1447
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
yep that just about explains it haha
Old 10-11-2013   #1448
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
absolutely ridiculously empty article by another back up qb.

The whole thing is about a failed quarterback reliving his past failures and offering little to no insight as to what's wrong with schaub.

Absolutely worthless article.

Makes me think this is another paid leave matt schaub alone article by the texans organization. as if the fake harassment wasnt enough.

thanks for nothing rosencopter.
Let me give it a try as I read article early this morning from Bleacher report and found it readable. Someone repeating what is known is not harmful as it can remind me of things are cause me to seek more info or simply slow my roll. From the article:

"Mentally, getting beyond that game was nearly impossible. I was disappointed that I let my team down. I knew I missed a huge opportunity to possibly be the starter going forward"

IMO, Sage comparing MS to his own incident as a vet QB saying in his opinion it is mental not physical as some on MB have posited. The fact that it haunted Sage for months tells me it could take that long for MS and therefore impacts the team. That is useful.

Here is what the point of article was as you should get that even if you know what he is saying beofre he says it.

"My point is to give you an inside look at what might be going through a player’s head after a handful of devastating mistakes"

Here is how he suggest MS overcome the mental problem:
"What I do know is the experience I went through and the challenge and perseverance it took to overcome it. "

IMO, he is saying it takes time and the opportunity to get back on the horse and ride. There is no pill or magic elixer, MS may or may not get better. The article was not a "here is the fix, Mr. Schaub" but rather a player who had been through almost the exact same thing voicing his thoughts. Just like with threads and posts on this MB, if you get nothing out of them, go elsewhere.
Old 10-11-2013   #1449
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Sage gave an answer that even if true does not provide a tangible solution to the problem.
Did you expect it to?
Old 10-11-2013   #1450
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

looool at tender sensibilities.

says the guy butt hurt that he got called out for calling kubiak an offensive genius now scrambling pulling up kuharksly articles....

lol
Honestly, your post spamming of the same crap over and over is making me feel like putting you on ignore. That's sad because I couldn't care less that we have some differences in opinion. Heck, I agree with you that Keenum should start. I disagree with a ton of posters here and love hearing their opinions. Yours as well. The problem is you are spewing diarrhea along with 1 or 2 other Keenum jock sniffers. Say something new. Comment on another subject. We understand your position - Keenum should start or whoever stops him should be removed from the team - some posters disagree and some agree. You aren't convincing anyone of anything other than you like to spam identical posts.
Old 10-11-2013   #1451
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I actually love it when people come at me, it gets me a chance to respond, but seeing as there is a double standard where people who are new cant respond back to name calling done by older posters without getting warned by mods i let it go.
I've warned you about redundant petty arguments. I don't mind the argument...it's the redundant petty ones that destroy forums such as this. I won't let you or anyone else run the good posters off because all the threads are chock full of petty arguments. I don't warn that many people openly but you continue to bring up the moderators and cry about injustice.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1452
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've warned you about redundant petty arguments. I don't mind the argument...it's the redundant petty ones that destroy forums such as this. I won't let you or anyone else run the good posters off because all the threads are chock full of petty arguments. I don't warn that many people openly but you continue to bring up the moderators and cry about injustice.
Attica!!! Attica!!!! ........................ ***sits back in corner***
kingtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1453
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Was Sage supposed to give an obvious answer? I think the article was merely Sage giving his experience in dealing with a similar situation.

In summation of the article.....Sage, and likely Schaub have been Carr-ed (mind-screwed). Some get over it (Plunket, Aikman, etc.) and some don't (Sage, Carr, etc.)
Old 10-11-2013   #1454
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 97639 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
hmmm... MSR? That can't be right. I don't recall ever being drunk enough to S R to you...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1455
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Simmons/Grantland) From Solid Quarterback to Total WASHOUT (Texan Related)

Pretty sure this could've been posted in a thread that featured everything Schaub.

Oh, hey look, the thread "All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread" sounds like it might feature everything Schaub.
Old 10-11-2013   #1456
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting insight on his situation. Basically he says Matt is going to have to mentally get past his mistakes to get back to playing well. Playing guarded and conservative is only going to lead to more simple costly mistakes. So what I take from that is we need to let'er rip and come out rockin. I personally would like to see more bombs and big play attempts.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1457
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Default Re: (Simmons/Grantland) From Solid Quarterback to Total WASHOUT (Texan Related)

Quote:
its not just about matt schaub. its about other qbs and it takes a look at recent historical trends with other qbs who were competent who suddenly fell off.
The only thing Texans related in the article is Schaub.
Old 10-11-2013   #1458
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
so this thread was moved but the kubiak names matt schaub starter isnt.

i see how its gonna be around here.
That thread has a lot of conversation over Kubiak as well as Schaub. The Sage thread has to do with Schaub, but Sage as well
Old 10-11-2013   #1459
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have gone beyond wasting space on the board with this guy
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1460
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so this thread was moved but the kubiak names matt schaub starter isnt.

i see how its gonna be around here.
Lol

I thought the piece was good, and the message it was trying to CONVEY appropriate. Good job.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read