Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2013   #1421
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "What’s Wrong With Matt?" by Sage Rosenfels

I've heard it referred to as "The Quicksand" ... No matter how much harder you fight, you keep sinking.

Great perspective by Sage, and it STILL doesn't seem like he's fully over The Rosencopter.

He did get screwed in Minny when all signs pointed to him as the starter and here comes Old Man Favre to take away his opportunity.
Old 10-11-2013   #1422
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post

Havent heard this in awhile...
So let's say Koobs gets ****canned, do you think he goes without a job for an extended period of time? Not as a head coach, but play caller.
Old 10-11-2013   #1423
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Here's a link to Podcasts most of them from 610 radio. Listen to the Daniel Manning, Antonio Smith, & Brian Cushing interviews & decide for yourselves if the defense has lost confidence in Matt Schaub. I know body language is very telling, but so is the tone in their voices.
In this article, Manning was really grabbing at straws when he made this comparison to the 2006 Bears situation......no where close.

Quote:
This is not the first time Danieal Manning has been a part of a talented team facing adversity.

Manning has first-hand experience seeing his quarterback take heat, while the team makes a push for a championship. In 2006, Manning’s rookie season, he found himself part of a similar situation in Chicago.

Quarterback Rex Grossman would lead the Bears to a Super Bowl but not before being under fire throughout the season. Manning, now in his eighth year in the NFL, recalls the quarterback criticism, the firestorm, and how the team was able to overcome it.

“(It’s) similar towards the heat and all the slack he’s been getting,” Manning said, referring to quarterback Matt Schaub. “What happened on that team is how they were able to prevail with all that. They just continued to rally around Rex.”
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1424
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
absolutely ridiculously empty article by another back up qb.

The whole thing is about a failed quarterback reliving his past failures and offering little to no insight as to what's wrong with schaub.

Absolutely worthless article.

Makes me think this is another paid leave matt schaub alone article by the texans organization. as if the fake harassment wasnt enough.

thanks for nothing rosencopter.
Did you forget to take your meds today? I'm sure a forum poster would have more to offer as far as perspective is concerned right? You're a funny guy, like clown funn
Old 10-11-2013   #1425
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a good article, but I felt it was mostly about sage. But I get the tie in, and I love listening to sage now. He brings quality insight IMO and doesn't try to tell you what to think.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1426
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
absolutely ridiculously empty article by another back up qb.

The whole thing is about a failed quarterback reliving his past failures and offering little to no insight as to what's wrong with schaub.

Absolutely worthless article.

Makes me think this is another paid leave matt schaub alone article by the texans organization. as if the fake harassment wasnt enough.

thanks for nothing rosencopter.
Hmm... Should I believe the informed opinion of a professional athlete who's been there, or the rabid hyperbole of an anonymous fan?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1427
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
no because all these guys get reused and recycled throughout the league. Getting rehired quickly doesnt verify his "offensive genius" status.

if mike tice and dom capers can get rehired anybody can.

smdh.
Lol, oookay. So getting hired to be an assistant oline coach is the same as drawing up plays and schemes, got it. Thanks for the enlightening perspective.

So Capers hasn't enjoyed any success after his Texan stint? He was a great defensive mind before his duties as head coach and he did great in that capacity afterwards. Same will apply to Kubiak.
Old 10-11-2013   #1428
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading is fundamental.

Good article by Rosenfels. Shed some light into what schaub could be going through.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1429
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Its a good read, but it's nothing that everyone who has an ounce of football knowledge didn't already know...mentally he's a mess right now & after the SF game...i'm not sure he'll ever make it back...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1430
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

So then the logic being thrown around is Kubiak sucks as an offensive coach, his scheme is outdated and easy to plan for and the Texans should find a coach that runs the Read Option since that is the flavor of the month and will redefine the game.

George Seifert is spinning in his grave! (But he probably sucked too)
Old 10-11-2013   #1431
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
So then the logic being thrown around is Kubiak sucks as an offensive coach, his scheme is outdated and easy to plan for and the Texans should find a coach that runs the Read Option since that is the flavor of the month and will redefine the game.

George Seifert? You mean Bill Walsh?
Old 10-11-2013   #1432
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
calls kubiak an offensive genius, gets called out on it,

and is now butt hurt and relegated to personal insults.

Its like clock work. Tell me, what did sage say was wrong with matt?
Stop skipping English class "breh" its not doing you any favors. I'm not trying to make fun of you, I'm truly concerned for your mental state. LOL

Boo hoo my opinion was called out and now I'm on a weirdos Sig I'm so sad.
Old 10-11-2013   #1433
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Great perspective by Sage, and it STILL doesn't seem like he's fully over The Rosencopter.
He'll never get over it. That's his lasting legacy. It's not going to torment him forever, but he'll always think about it and suck his teeth and say "man"...maybe laugh about it a little.

I remember in highschool my junior year losing in the play offs on the last play of the game because of a coaching error. But that's not the one that stings...my senior year we were in the semi's playing converse Judson in San Antonio. We had the better team. But I can vividly remember the sounds, sights and feelings I had as the clock ticked down to zero. I can remember the bus ride home...going into the locker room...showering...everything.

That stuff sticks with you, but unlike Matt and sage I wasn't in the spotlight making individual errors in the nfl. I'd imagine it's about 100x worse for them. Well, more so sage than Schaub. Schaub still has a chance to right his wrongs so to speak.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1434
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

[quote=Come On Breh;2227128]and your logic to counter that logic is that if kubiak was fired he would get rehired quickly so he is an offensive genius.

lol....

[/QUOTE

http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/8/...ed-coordinator

Old, but still relevant. I know reading isn't your most enjoyable thing to do, and I'm sure you have more football knowledge than John Elway so that should give you a chuckle or two.

Don't forget your ball of yarn.
Old 10-11-2013   #1435
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's no better or worse than newer (to the NFL) concepts like the pistol formation, which is just a variation of the old wing-t and is older than wco concepts. It's not that the formations or routes that are outdated and easy to plan for; it's the way it's administrated....at least to me. It's a 1st down offense. Instead of looking to score the team looks to stay in a reasonable down and distance. It's a great offense vs the little sisters of the poor who can't stop the run and then get sucked in by the play action pass. It churns numbers between the 20's, but it isn't a quick strike offense and teams just compact down don't worry so much about the back end where there is little to no credible threat. Hell, opposing db's have as many TD's as Andre friggin' Johnson has in his last 36 ball games.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1436
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
more insults.

again,

tell me, what did sage say was wrong with matt and how would he fix it?

stay on point.

If this article was so profound and such a great read, tell me, what did sage say is wrong with matt and how would he go on about fixing it?
Would you like a warm cup of milk while I read you the article?

He gives a first hand account to the struggles of an NFL QB!!! What is so hard to comprehend and extrapolate from that? It's like trying to explain the game to my 9 year old son, jiminy christmas! Lol.
Old 10-11-2013   #1437
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

[quote=Come On Breh;2227145]
Quote:

rotfl, yes more insults. what's that? a kuharsky article? is that suppose to prove me wrong and you right?

loooooool
I don't want to keep offending your tender sensibilities, but ill go ahead and side with people who have played and coached at the professional level.

Now if forum *********gery turns out to be a topic of interest I'm coming straight for you to get a step by step on how its done. If you aren't to insulted that is.
Old 10-11-2013   #1438
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've heard it referred to as "The Quicksand" ... No matter how much harder you fight, you keep sinking.

He did get screwed in Minny when all signs pointed to him as the starter and here comes Old Man Favre to take away his opportunity.

You need to quit watching TBS and repeats of The Replacements movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3O-kYwM8qY
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1439
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing enlightening here, just a scrap of an opinion by a former back-up QB concerning someone who should have never became anything other than a back-up QB ... move along.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1440
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
so all you have is more personal insults.

AGAIN, I ASK,

tell me what did sage say was wrong with matt and how would he go on about fixing it?

tell me what was so profound about his take on what's up with schaub?

Ive seen posters here breakdown what's wrong with schaub in much more extensive and elaborate fashion. Both medically, strategically and psychologically than what sage just wrote.

That was an empty article about a failed quarterback reliving his failed glory years and offered very little insight to what is up with schaub.

But go ahead tell me since i cant read. Maybe You, Sage, and Kubiak are too much of an offensive genius for me to handle.

roooooflooool
See the bold faced print before the article, that there gives you a breakdown ob what is going to be talked about mmmkay. See you want to know how to fix Matt Schaub, that wasn't any part of what this article was about. Still with me?

Sage was giving his account ob what goes on in a struggling QBs head when it all falls apart, that's called first person story telling mmmkay.

This wasn't a piece implying there was anything anybody can do about Matt Schaub, in your desire to be alpha male poster #1 you cherry pick comments without taking into account context.

You bash and try to discredit Sage Rosenfels and yet get all teary eyed when someone calls you mean things and insults you so bad, poor baby. Irony? Lulz.

Click on the exclamation mark surrounded by the red triangle thingy if my comments hurt you so much and a Mod will take my mean and nasty words off the screen.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read