Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2013   #81
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Your current problem is his good and very good years are the last two and now we question accountability
The accountability was brought up because of Schaub's recent problems. I pointed out that I thought there was a lack of accountability in Kubiak's middle years when he was extended. You brought the focus to his two good years.
Old 10-10-2013   #82
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
The accountability was brought up because of Schaub's recent problems. I pointed out that I thought there was a lack of accountability in Kubiak's middle years when he was extended. You brought the focus to his two good years.

Or maybe the texans' staff has a much better understanding of the talent on their team and thus your perceived lack of accountability could be simply giving yourself the best chance to win

And based of my question you certainly did pick up the discussion of Gary's performance
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #83
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are confusing accountability with being reactionary and impatient. Kubiak demands accountability from his players and himself... accountability is a central theme of this organization... The fact that he doesn't throw his players under the bus to protect his reputation or create a scapegoat is honorable and good for the health of the team. Just because he doesn't throw a fit and bench or humiliate a player after a bad performance does not mean he is okay with it... It simply means that he believes that player remains the teams best option at the position to win.

As with all coaches, sometimes his assessment is wrong. IMO, better to error on the side of patience and trust then to quit on a guy too soon.

I will agree that Kubiak struggles to honestly assess his players. That is why Rick smiths increased power after 2010 has led to better results. Still, I don't think he should bench schaub yet. I still think MS is this teams best chance to win big this year, if he can work through whatever is going on.
Old 10-10-2013   #84
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
You are confusing accountability with being reactionary and impatient. Kubiak demands accountability from his players and himself... accountability is a central theme of this organization... The fact that he doesn't throw his players under the bus to protect his reputation or create a scapegoat is honorable and good for the health of the team. Just because he doesn't throw a fit and bench or humiliate a player after a bad performance does not mean he is okay with it... It simply means that he believes that player remains the teams best option at the position to win.

As with all coaches, sometimes his assessment is wrong. IMO, better to error on the side of patience and trust then to quit on a guy too soon.

I will agree that Kubiak struggles to honestly assess his players. That is why Rick smiths increased power after 2010 has led to better results. Still, I don't think he should bench schaub yet. I still think MS is this teams best chance to win big this year, if he can work through whatever is going on.
Great post.
Old 10-10-2013   #85
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heads will roll if we lose one of these next two. I'm glad Gary picked Matt because these guys make millions and should go down with the ship if they don't make the playoffs. Something they actually have a very good chance of doing. If you can't live up to your expectations, especially with the talent they have, then GTFO. I'm tired of this politically correct, good ol' boy stance they've taken since the losing streak. Schaub should be saying "I, I've, myself " in those interviews instead of Kubiak.

It's the mentality of those two. It's not made for today's NFL and it will never go far. Houston should throw a parade in honor of Daryl Morey for saving Houston sports this year.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #86
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Your current problem is his good and very good years are the last two and now we question accountability
What in the hell does his last two years have to do with accountability? You say this as if two good years means accountability from the coach. It doesn't at all, and that is the biggest thing that Gary has always lacked is accountability with his players and his coaches he chooses. These last two seasons being good years has nothing to do with what will happen in the future. And right now Gary is still showing that he clearly knows zilch about accountability and his loyalty to Schaub is stronger then his loyalty to this entire franchise and team and fans. It's the same thing that has plagued the Texas Longhorns for the last 12 years with Mack Brown. Gary may be an Aggie, but he has always been the Mack Brown of the NFL.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #87
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Heads will roll if we lose one of these next two. I'm glad Gary picked Matt because these guys make millions and should go down with the ship if they don't make the playoffs. Something they actually have a very good chance of doing. If you can't live up to your expectations, especially with the talent they have, then GTFO. I'm tired of this politically correct, good ol' boy stance they've taken since the losing streak. Schaub should be saying "I, I've, myself " in those interviews instead of Kubiak.

It's the mentality of those two. It's not made for today's NFL and it will never go far. Houston should throw a parade in honor of Daryl Morey for saving Houston sports this year.
Heads are not going to roll. Heads have never rolled with this organization. It starts from the top on down with Bob and then on down to Kubiak. Kubiak can lose the rest of the games this season and he is most likely the HC next year.
Old 10-10-2013   #88
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Heads are not going to roll. Heads have never rolled with this organization. It starts from the top on down with Bob and then on down to Kubiak. Kubiak can lose the rest of the games this season and he is most likely the HC next year.
Head don't roll as fast as some would like.... However, these guys have turned over the roster a number of times because of performance and value.
Old 10-10-2013   #89
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Head don't roll as fast as some would like.... However, these guys have turned over the roster a number of times because of performance and value.
That isn't true and you know it. Gary's history has been one of the worst coaches in the league at his blind loyalty to players that under perform and flat out hurt the team and ruin seasons, and yet he does it all over again with another player. Chris Brown, Kris Brown, JJ, Marciano, Smith, Schaub, Mario, Green, Walter, and etc. Man, I could go on and on. I've mentioned direct instances with several of these guys the year it happened and after. It's been predictable in so many situations as well. This situation with Schaub is the worst of all of them though. We didn't just barely lose the last game due to Schaub. We got smoked in the last game by a team that wasn't playing that well on offense. That game was winnable and the Seattle game was won. Kubiak has already blown this season with this stuff. That is the exact kind of thing coaches are supposed to get fired over. And Gary still won't let go of Schaub even now.
Old 10-10-2013   #90
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are confusing accountability with being reactionary and impatient.
No more than you confuse patience and trust with fear of change.

Believe it or not, I have some understanding of what the word accountability means.
Old 10-10-2013   #91
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and for some coaches, not at all because Joe Marciano is STILL a coach for this team....

Nuff said....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #92
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

I doubt heads would roll if Kubiak went 2-14.

Which makes me wonder - why did Capers only get five years? He's a good guy. Knows football. Weird.
Old 10-10-2013   #93
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

After reading your 1st sentence in this post, I couldn't read anymore because I was LMAO.

Impatience (Really?) after 8 yrs?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #94
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
and for some coaches, not at all because Joe Marciano is STILL a coach for this team....

Nuff said....
Richard Smith, Frank Bush, David Gibbs etc......
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #95
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I doubt heads would roll if Kubiak went 2-14.

Which makes me wonder - why did Capers only get five years? He's a good guy. Knows football. Weird.
Maybe you have your own theory. I think Palmer was Capers' undoing with the way that was handled and then bringing in an antiquated friend.
Old 10-10-2013   #96
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No basis in reality for your hopes. Schaub's problem from a degenerative physical condition with his Lisfranc that affects everything with regard to planting of his feet which has led to his loss of velocity and accuracy on his throws. Add the mental meltdown as well and we have a QB that is DONE. He is not going to turn this around. He has been horrible since we were 11-1 and it is just getting worse.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #97
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
No basis in reality for your hopes. Schaub's problem from a degenerative physical condition with his Lisfranc that affects everything with regard to planting of his feet which has led to his loss of velocity and accuracy on his throws. Add the mental meltdown as well and we have a QB that is DONE. He is not going to turn this around. He has been horrible since we were 11-1 and it is just getting worse.
Perhaps. I don't have enough information to know if the foot is causing him problems this year. I do know that you are guessing that he is done. It is very possible that he turns it around. I certainly hope he does.

What is crazy is the idea that Kubiak knows he is finished but continues to play him out of loyalty. That is not true, of course! Maybe Kubiak is wrong in his assessment, but the idea that he is p,aging schaub out of loyalty to the teams detriment is crazy.
Old 10-10-2013   #98
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
That isn't true and you know it. Gary's history has been one of the worst coaches in the league at his blind loyalty to players that under perform and flat out hurt the team and ruin seasons, and yet he does it all over again with another player. Chris Brown, Kris Brown, JJ, Marciano, Smith, Schaub, Mario, Green, Walter, and etc.
Other than Marciano, I dont see a good example listed... Well, Richard smith would be a clear mistake. He should have been dumped after 2007
. Otherwise, that list is full of players the team sent packing as soon as it made sense to do so.
Old 10-10-2013   #99
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Other than Marciano, I dont see a good example listed... Well, Richard smith would be a clear mistake. He should have been dumped after 2007
. Otherwise, that list is full of players the team sent packing as soon as it made sense to do so.
It didn't make sense to get rid of JJ before that awful 2nd contract? Yeah, he only dropped a ton more punts and kick offs and continued to fail to become a decent receiver as a #2 or a #3. We won't even go there on the Ravens game.

YOu were the worst complainer of Mario, and it wasn't that hard to see that the Texans weren't going to pay that kind of money for that kind of production. Don't even try and change that now.

Both of the Browns cost the Texans their first playoff season, and both had no business playing in games towards the latter part of the season. Kubiak's trust in Chris Brown the RB was atrocious. The guy literally did nothing positive for this team at any point and would be handed the keys to the car at the most important parts of the game to blow it all up. Kubiak's worst season of coaching in his history.

As for the rest, I'd probably be wasting my time typing because like always you will always spin Kubiak's failures as long as he is coaching here. You have proven that for years. The next guy will get the same treatment when he coaches here from you as long as he is employed here. But, to act like players on this team weren't coddled in several cases is just funny at this point.

What is the current excuse for Schaub just for chits and giggles?
Old 10-10-2013   #100
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Maybe you have your own theory. I think Palmer was Capers' undoing with the way that was handled and then bringing in an antiquated friend.
I thought it was the other guy that was his undoing. What was his name - Pendry? Is that the antiquated friend you are talking about?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read