Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which coach would you trade Gary for?
Jon Gruden 7 12.96%
Kevin Sumlin 12 22.22%
Bill Cowher 31 57.41%
Nick Saban 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2013   #41
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gary Kubiak Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Just curious, why the interest in Sumlin and not Art Briles?
Because Briles isn't an Aggie. Even though Briles is a better HC. IMHO

Hopefully Briles will be the next HC at UT.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #42
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I'd want Gruden more than Cowher because Cowher had to have a great playmaking QB to win and Gruden basically had a homeless man playing QB. Cowher worries me in the sense that I dont think he misses the game as much as Gruden. Sumlin is a decent option but I don't know if his system would work in the NFL. Saban is so much of a jerk I don't think it would work well with most players.

Regardless, I would take Gruden or Cowher. Both have shown that they suck at talent evaluation/drafting but are excellent at motivating millionaires, having balls, and knowing their X's and O's. These are the things that make a great HC in the NFL.
Well at last we wouldn't have to draft a new QB, we have that on the roster already......
Old 10-10-2013   #43
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
None of the above.
Cowher is happy on TV.
Gruden is over rated , Dungy built that team.
Sumlin ? Man come on , just cause he's an Aggie for the time being ?! ....

I'll stick with Gary over those choices , just give him a quarterback that has more than a BB gun for an arm and isn't cripple.
Agreed, except Gruden did build the team he faced in the SB. (Raiders)

This is Gary's team. He helped pick the players. I mean he had a hand in picking Smith as GM. Schaub is/was Gary's handpicked QB. Looks like he will live or die, probably die with Schaub.

Gary has had his chances. More than I would've given him, I would have fired him after the 2009 season. When he had a cupcake schedule and still didn't make the playoffs. Due to his undying love for Chis/Kris Brown. I see the same thing with Schaub.

In short, 8 yrs is enough. If Gary hasn't played/won a SB by now odds (Which is what Gary is all about. Playing the odds) are he never will.

But I doubt BoB will make a move, because he knows that as long as Gary is HC the Aggies will fill the stands. Regardless of how Gary's teams perform.

Sorry man

As far as HC's I would like to see, none of the ones that were listed by the OP.

Give me Jay Gruden or Billick. Most probably Wade will end up as HC. Which would be a slight upgrade. But not what I'm really looking for. Hopefully Wade will be a risk taker like Bum was. Trading for the likes of Casper/Culp/Leon Gray etc.... is how I would like to see the Texans org operate. Although I doubt that happens because BoB doesn't like traumatic things.
Old 10-10-2013   #44
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
But I doubt BoB will make a move, because he knows that as long as Gary is HC the Aggies will fill the stands. Regardless of how Gary's teams perform.
Which is why Kubes will replace Sumlin at A&M ... watch.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #45
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Haha... yeah right.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Please tell Kubiak to bring Schaub along with him.
Schaub can play well against college players ?!?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #47
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22045 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

i voted sumlin for offensive coord and wade for head coach.
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #48
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
i voted sumlin for offensive coord and wade for head coach.
After the last 8 yrs of Gary I hope and pray the Texans dont let any Aggie have a position of importance in the on the field product.
Old 10-10-2013   #49
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

David Shaw, but of those 4 I would go with Cowher.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #50
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Gruden, obviously. We can keep 39 QBs on the roster and rotate a new one in every time we don't convert on 3rd down! That should make everyone happy.

Seriously though, no to all.
Old 10-10-2013   #51
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

David Shaw = Head Coach

Eric DeCosta or Oliver Luck = GM
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #52
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

This is really a poll where multiple choices should be allowed. I'd trade for Gruden, Saban, or Cowher.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #53
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd trade Gary literally for anyone at this point. I don't care how bad they are as a HC or what their resume is. Anything to rid this team of this stubborn mental handicap. I'd take a bad season or two of rebuilding over wasting another 7 to 8 years hoping that Kubiak will somehow get it when he clearly has shown he doesn't learn from past mistakes.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #54
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
After the last 8 yrs of Gary I hope and pray the Texans dont let any Aggie have a position of importance in the on the field product.
Technically Sumlin is a Boilermaker, not an Aggie. He went to Purdue...

Kubiak graduated from TAMU, and is a true Aggie...

Plus Sumlin has done more as a TAMU coach in 1 full season than any other coach in 30 years...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Plus Mack Brown has done more as a TAMU coach in 1 full season than any other coach in 30 years...
Fixed it for you. Had Mack Brown recruited JonnyFootball TAMU would have been very different.
Old 10-11-2013   #56
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I love fantasy land threads. Fact is: if anything happens to Gary we all know, deep in our hearts, Wade is the new HC.
I like Wade as a DC, but not as a HC.. please for the love of god do not let this happen.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #57
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Fixed it for you. Had Mack Brown recruited JonnyFootball TAMU would have been very different.
Yes because Sumlin had no success with Keenum at all, its all about JFF.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #58
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Ha yes that is true. I would have been interested to see what QB Sumlin would have used had Manziel went to Austin.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read