Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2013   #1381
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
Guys on NFLN just said according to if Schaub keeps turning it over than he'll be yanked... possibly during this week game, because according to a Texans source 'it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the team'.
So Andre basically told Matt that if he throws an interception to Finnegan, it won't be Finnegan who gets an ass whoopin.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #1382
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
So Andre basically told Matt that if he throws an interception to Finnegan, it won't be Finnegan who gets an ass whoopin.

Finnegan won't be playing try again
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #1383
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Why are people wanting Cousins? What has done or proven? NOthing at all other then a good regular season game or two when the Skins were really hot I might add. RG3 who is struggling right now won a ton of games in a row with that same team.
Well then people wouldn't have to stretch for a new insult and could call him just a backup also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Michael Irvin on the halftime show about Eli's interceptions: s one thing to throw those interceptions, its another thing to throw those Schaubs."
Well he just threw 2 more including a pick 6. That is 14 on the season.
Old 10-10-2013   #1384
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 63845 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Instead of overpaying for Cousins why not try and find the next RG3 in the draft? Cousins just doesn't pass my eye test, I'd rather swing for the fences with a guy like Mariota or Taj Boyd then be stuck with someone who will probably morph into another Schaub. Before yall go ballistic, yes I'm almost blind and no I didn't watch every Kirk Cousins snap, my memory is one phenomenal game, then a whole lotta "meh" ... Same exact way I feel about Vicks backup ( can't think of his name)

Use the assets in play and sweeten it with Foster, jump into the top 10 and possibly bounce back as soon as next year.
And you know what, I would agree 100% with you if Gary Kubiak was not the head coach of the Texans. Mariota and Boyd would be absolutely handcuffed in Kubiaks system because of how Kubiak handles QBs. Kubiak would not use their talents to help shape the offense. instead he would try and force them to be players they are not.

To have those 2 QB's on a team, you need a creative mind to structure an offense around their talents. Kubiak is so far on the other side of that spectrum, creativity is a dot in the distance to him...

Cousins is more of the QB Kubiak likes for the West Coast Offense. I will say Cousins has a far more upside than Schaub ever had coming out of college and into the draft..

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #1385
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Just a joke, pal. insert the name of whatever St. Louis CB is starting in place if it makes you feel more correct lol
Old 10-10-2013   #1386
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sean Pendergast ‏@SeanCablinasian 11m
So a Pick 6 is called a "Schaub" now, huh? Funny guy. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go snort three lines of Irvin.
Salty.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #1387
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I heard Andre is going to be a game time decision (hamstring) as well, so he may not play this Sunday...not to be Debbie downer or anything.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1388
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well he just threw 2 more including a pick 6. That is 14 on the season.
Make that three more for a total of 15 and the Giants are 0-6.
Old 10-11-2013   #1389
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Last one was definitely not his fault, hit the receiver in the hands.. The first one was interesting, almost like the receiver quit on the route.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1390
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
Guys on NFLN just said if Schaub keeps turning it over than he'll be yanked... possibly during this week game, because according to a Texans source 'it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the team'.
Kubiak would lose the locker room. Either way, I don't see how Schaub remains the starter next season. Smith has seen enough.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1391
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Kubiak would lose the locker room. Either way, I don't see how Schaub remains the starter next season. Smith has seen enough.
This.

As much as I'd love a magical turn around to go 13-3 from here on out, I'm almost afraid that it would lead to Schaub staying.
Old 10-11-2013   #1392
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 23251 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default superbowl or new QB

I always wondered about this:

let's say Schaub gets it together and we go the playoffs (even playing a bad season overall) and then, just like last year ravens, he just manage to play well enough to win us a superbowl

Then the next year we are back at this point, with people questioning kubiak and schaub because in the end matt's game is not that good anyway.

Looking back would you rather have the bad season with the SB or maybe taking the time to improve the team to get more consistency?

Keep in mind I'm not looking on a opinion on schaub himself, my question is more about a generic team with a QB that performs poorly.
Old 10-11-2013   #1393
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: superbowl or new QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I always wondered about this:
Read the all encompassing Schaub thread from start to finish. That's really the underlying question. Trust me, none of us care that much about Schaub personally.... it's about winning a Super Bowl.
Old 10-11-2013   #1394
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Superbowl!!! No doubt about it. If we know we can win one with Schaub, why risk it and take a chance on a new QB?
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1395
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I heard Andre is going to be a game time decision (hamstring) as well, so he may not play this Sunday...not to be Debbie downer or anything.
I guess you missed my post in the Injury Report thread that the "hamstring" report is apparently misinformation...............http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...36&postcount=9
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1396
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a link to Podcasts most of them from 610 radio. Listen to the Daniel Manning, Antonio Smith, & Brian Cushing interviews & decide for yourselves if the defense has lost confidence in Matt Schaub. I know body language is very telling, but so is the tone in their voices.
Old 10-11-2013   #1397
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Found this picture on chron.com

Old 10-11-2013   #1398
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take a Superbowl even if it was guaranteed the Texans would miss the playoffs for the next 5 years. You only have 1 goal each season - win the Superbowl. 31 teams end the year in disappointment. To reach it would make all the suffering from 2002 on worth it.
Old 10-11-2013   #1399
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And what do you think the Giants should do? Bench Eli? Stick with him?
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #1400
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 23251 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I'd take a Superbowl even if it was guaranteed the Texans would miss the playoffs for the next 5 years. You only have 1 goal each season - win the Superbowl. 31 teams end the year in disappointment. To reach it would make all the suffering from 2002 on worth it.
thank you, this really answer my question.

I guess I'd have to be american to fully understand this.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read