Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2013   #61
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak to have team meeting Wednesday AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I beg to differ.

I think he's a huge problem. Beyond his own play, I think the team lacks confidence with him at qb. A lack of confidence leads to a lack if aggression.

I don't want to "win with" a qb. I want a qb that can make plays consistently. Put whole drives on his back....dare I say entire games.
franchise guys...none of which are on this roster currently.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #62
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
This will be another lame pep talk. And, I'm guessing he will passive-aggressively tell the other players that it's up to THEM to elevate this team, to step up, etc. He may get all emotional (so they can see that he still cares for them).

Highly doubt if a QB change is announced before the entire team.

Nothing to see here, folks.
If know this team like I think I do, the most boring option i.e. a circle the wagons, in house talk or worse just an oddly timed change of schedule is what I have 90% expectations for.
Old 10-09-2013   #63
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So... that was 4 hours ago. No one knows who took first team snaps yet?
I'm curious too.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #64
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Its odd.....the incident at Schaubs house happened on Monday and wasn't wildly reported until yesterday just minutes BEFORE news of this meeting happening.

Coincidence?

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I beg to differ.

I think he's a huge problem. Beyond his own play, I think the team lacks confidence with him at qb. A lack of confidence leads to a lack if aggression.

I don't want to "win with" a qb. I want a qb that can make plays consistently. Put whole drives on his back....dare I say entire games.
I agree he's a huge problem. I agree the team may have lost some confidence in him. Like I said, that is a bigger problem (to me) than Schaub himself. As a whole, this team tucks & run when the going gets tough. It probably starts with the head coach, whatever. But that's holding this team back more than Schaub is (in the big picture).

Maybe Schaub gets fixed. Maybe we have to go the rest of the season with Tj/Case. It doesn't matter if this team can't come up big in the situations they've been put in the past three games.

Had Matt played better we'd have been in the AFC Championship game. At the same time, if the run game was better, we'd have been in the AFC Championship game. If the defense played better, we'd have been in the AFC Championship game.

Yeah, if we get a great QB, a Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson.... well, that's not true since none of those guys were in the last two Super Bowls.

Like you, I never thought Matt was a great QB. & it's sad that we're struggling trying to get back to his best days. But this team is more than a QB away from a Super Bowl. I know this, because the run game & the defense didn't show up 2 years ago when Matt was out of the picture.

I'll go back to the Seattle game. "Everybody" wants to say that game changed on the pick6. Arguably we can say that's why we lost (you know my position) but that game changed after the Marshawn Lynch fumble.

After that fumble, the Seahawks defense said, "Nope, we're not going out like this." They held us to a field goal when we started on their 19 yard line. They didn't use the untimely fumble as an excuse for why they couldn't get a stop. They didn't use the 3 & outs we were forcing as an excuse for being tired. They focused on the task ahead of them & played football. We rarely got a first down after that. Then their offense went on a 99 yard TD scoring drive. They didn't throw their hands up because their QB fumbled the ball & recovered it at the one.

They nutted up & overcame and put 7 on the board.
Old 10-09-2013   #66
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I think he's gonna announce that they've traded Ben Tate for Peyton Manning.

PS-OK, too much caffeine for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Peyton would make a terrible second string running back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yeah, you're right. Nevermind.
but I'll bet he'd be super on that halfback pass play
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #67
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
franchise guys...none of which are on this roster currently.
I disagree with your entire statement. I don't think it takes a franchise guy to do that and I'm not sold that Yates or keenum can't be good starters....better than Matt.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #68
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's either announcing a qb change, or he's going to ask that they keep their faith in Schaub. Make it clear that everyone knows he's struggling, but say that he think Matt has earned the right to turn it around.

My guess is that it's the former rather that the latter. I think Yates is going to start and I think keenum will be active.

There are 52 other guys on the team that kubiak has to lead. He can't piss the season away on some crusade to let Schaub prove himself. Those guys want to win and if he runs Matt out there again and Schaub losses another game the locker room would erupt. The city would erupt.

I think it's at it's boiling point. If you run Matt out there at home and he throws a pick six against the rams that would be the worse thing ever for Matt.

I think the fans and the team can live with Yates making mistakes because they'd know that kubiak is searching every avenue to get this team winning play from the qb position.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to sit Matt. (Well, I've been wanting Matt replaced. But the team tends to wait to make decisions when the wheels fall off)
If only Kubiak seen it this way.
Old 10-09-2013   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

any news on this meeting other than speculation so far?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #70
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...0-be406b98a844

Live presser at Reliant...now

Old 10-09-2013   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Kubiak's body language and demeanor is awful and sad sacky...he comes across as a disaster survivor.

Old 10-09-2013   #72
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
"It could have happened, I don't know, I've been busy," Kubiak says on whether Owen Daniels is on IR
uh,.....nice

Old 10-09-2013   #73
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub starting Sunday....I just don't get it. I know the whole "he is the best option" but he has played like dog crap. The first int he throws Sunday Reliant will get vocally nasty
Old 10-09-2013   #74
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

For those of us who can't get the video, what's being said? Same ole, same ole?
Old 10-09-2013   #75
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Kubiak on K Randy Bullock missing 5 FGs: "We have confidence in him but he has to be more consistent."
- kubes

Old 10-09-2013   #76
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Pretty much. Vinny is posting updates
Old 10-09-2013   #77
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
His facial expressions are the same as someone who just lost their Grandmother

Old 10-09-2013   #78
Vinny
shiny happy fan

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...0-be406b98a844 live feed

Old 10-09-2013   #79
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4570 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Schaub starting Sunday....I just don't get it. I know the whole "he is the best option" but he has played like dog crap. The first int he throws Sunday Reliant will get vocally nasty
I'm glad Rockets play on sunday too... Kubiak is so freakin biased I can't stand to see his stupid face.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #80
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Insane.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read