Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2013   #11
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4127 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I don't see any good to come out of this. Why wish ill-will on people?
If Schaub breaks down completely or gets injured he does not play. How can that possibly NOT be a bad thing? I am not wishing ill-will. I am still hoping Kubes sees the light of day and benches this scrub. You know what happens when the rest of us performs as poorly at our jobs? We get fired! There is such a thing in this world called ACCOUNTABILITY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Disgusting sentiment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
See this is the kind of "lip service" I was talking about. Chenjy9 probably thinks he is a great fan. But he wants to boo Schaub, not to express his displeasure in the current state of the team, but to mentally break down the most important player on the roster, then run him out of town.

"I support ya..... but get the fk out of here!!!"

Get off your high horses. I know I am a great fan because I care about the team and stayed with the team through the Carr years all the way to now, even through the multiple blunders committed by various aspects of the organization. I also own a Watt jersey and Andre jersey as well as other various Texans gear. Don't come trying to talk to me about good fans or bad fans. I support the TEAM and not the name on the back of the jersey. It is because I AM a GOOD fan of the Texans that I do want Schaub to be benched first and foremost. If that is not available, I will gladly take injury or complete breakdown. I will take ANYTHING at this point in time to get Schaub off the field. I don't really care how it happens anymore. Also, Schaub is not the most important player on our team. He simply plays the most important position and does so quite poorly. There is a huge difference. Your remark is also quite off the base. Again, I support the TEAM, just not Schaub whom I want OFF the team for the BETTERMENT of the team. If you can't understand that, then there is no point in talking with either of you 2 further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
I'm all for benching Schaub. It would be good for the team and him honestly. At the same time he doesn't deserve the boos. If he plays crappy in the game (which I doubt) then by all means. But before the game? No. Let him play the game and see how he performs. We are frustrated and upset with how he played this season but this is a new week, new game. If he's starting then support him and react off he does this week. No one deserves to be booed just for stepping on the field.
How does he NOT deserve the boos? At the very least, he deserves the NFL's equivalent of demotion or firing (benched or cut/traded). Since his employee is a bigger pig head than he is, we are forced to rely on things within the right/control of fans, to boo him and let him know he is not performing at any acceptable level. It is not another week or another game. This is a TREND going all the way back to last season. Schaub is not a good QB anymore. He may still flash some glimpses of what he did when he was still pretty good, but those days are long gone.

Again, I am not actively hoping he gets injured or mentally breaks down. I would much rather he gets benched/cut/traded first but it seems increasingly unlikely to happen at this point in time with Kubes manning the ship. I have a feeling he will guide it into rocks being changing QB's or being forced to.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read