Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2013   #16
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum vs Manziel (Sumlin System)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I caught hell in the johnny manziel thread saying pretty much everything this guy said...Manziel isnt anymore talented than Case...i'd argue case is more talented than Manziel.
You'd argue, and you'd be pretty much alone. Most folks would take Case's passing game over JFF, but Case's scrambling ability (good as it is) isn't in the same universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
This is the problem i have with the Keenum brigade....they keep saying that Yates just looks like another schaub clone.

Well, Case & TJ have virtually the same skill sets. Yates' arm isn't that much stronger than Cases' and Case isn't that much faster than Yates. If you feel that Yates is just another "schaub clone" in this system, What on earth convinces you that Case is going to look so radically different from Yates in this system?
My eyes and tape. Yates has been taken into the Kubiak system full-bore so his every motion looks like a duplicate of Schaub. Case doesn't. Case's pocket-presence is better, and his mobility is better. Whether Yates has similar physical tools doesn't matter if his modus operandi is to "be like Schaub".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read