Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2013   #101
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fans show up at Schaubs home - NFL security - HPD involved

Now, for sure, I don't condone this behavior, and I feel somewhat like a bastard for suggesting a conspiracy theory. Apologies if it's not already mentioned in one of the already 5 pages on this thread. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a conspiracy theory...

Now that the story is out there getting public attention, the dumb perps have actually done nothing to further their cause. In fact, it's fair to say, the sympathy gained for Matt Schaub and his family HAS to carry over as a rallying cry from that of his team mates, coaching staff and fan base.

If it is a conspiracy, Gary K is more brilliant than we give him credit for!
Old 10-09-2013   #102
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Some morons just can't separate entertainment from reality. I consider myself a hardcore fan, but you just don't mess with another man's family. Even if there wasn't a law, it's a man-law.
Old 10-09-2013   #103
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
There is nothing un-classy about booing. It is a valid and accepted part of fan behavior.
We can boo Schaub or we can throw him a rally.

Which one do you think would help our team more...

We can say we support our team but act as if we don't.

Not much different than a player who says he supports his QB, but his actions prove different.

I understand being a Texans fan & not a Matt Schaub fan. I think there are all kinds of reasons to boo & every fan has the right to boo. QB throws his 5th pick 6 in a 5th consecutive game..... it's time to boo. QB throws a TD, it's time to cheer.

To boo him as he comes out of the tunnel, to boo him as he's introduced, to boo him as he walks on the field for the first time...... nah. That's the way you great a Dunta Robinson when he returns to Reliant, or any player who took a crap on your team.

Matt Schaub is most likely starting against the Rams. As fans we can help him get over his thing & cheer him as he walks out of the tunnel, as he's introduced, or as he walks on the field for the first time. Matt wants the same thing we do, to win football games.

I personally think we'll be one game closer to life without Schaub if we show him respect & gratitude for everything he's done in the past. Give him a standing O. It would make it easier for Kubiak to bench him without appearing to kowtow to the whims of the fans.
Old 10-09-2013   #104
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do people from Houston think it's okay to stalk Texans players off the field and tell them how they feel about their skills at football?

It's embarrassing.
Old 10-09-2013   #105
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Disagree with Houston having the worst/bandwagon fans. That's just a statement from living here and mainly seeing these fans. I've lived in the DC area, the Philly and NYC area and I can tell you each of those fan bases seemed to have unlimited amount of bandwagoners.

You think places like San Diego and Jacksonville have nothing but loyal to the death fans?

The self loathing of this fan base makes me chuckle from time to time.
Never said every team's fan base is loyal, i only meant that Houston sports teams fan bases seem to have a greater concentration of bandwagoners.

the houston comets won 4 consecutive WNBA championships....it did little to get the fans to continue to come out & as a result they skipped town...I know its the WNBA but still...

I ride & listen to sports radio for at least 2 hours a day during my commute to & from work...sometimes its more than that. I can't tell you how many times i hear people call in saying "I'm not a texans fan, but...." or "I want to support this team but..." or "this is why i'm not a texans fan and will never be....." in regards to Houston sports teams.

Every fan base has them, but the only real times i see this city get behind its teams is when they're winning...If they're not winning, you see just as many Cowboys, Titans, Yankees, Red sox & here lately Miami Heat crap as you do Houston sports teams stuff.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I am very close buddies with two diehard G-men fans and neither is on either guy. That second SB cemented their love of both men. They could go 0-16 and they'd likely take it in stride. Lot easier to do that with those 2 recent rings.
I've got a die-hard NYGiants fan working with me. NO ONE was more surprised than he was on either Super Bowl.

This 0-5 start has him thinking they're on track for a third.
Old 10-09-2013   #107
Tahoegirl
Rookie

Rep Power: 3102 Tahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respectedTahoegirl is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub did not throw an awful pass. He threw a pass to his number 1 receiver who would of thought a second string Nickle back who lost his starting job to Asomugha and was only in the game due to injury would jump the route and make a play. His second pick was on a tip pass and got lucky again. Schaub wasn't throwing bad passes his receivers were not making plays.

It's onething to boo him at a game, it crosses the line when they mess with him and his family at his home. Hopefully they catch this guy and prosecute him to the max. Just down right BS.
Old 10-09-2013   #108
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Never said every team's fan base is loyal, i only meant that Houston sports teams fan bases seem to have a greater concentration of bandwagoners.

the houston comets won 4 consecutive WNBA championships....it did little to get the fans to continue to come out & as a result they skipped town...I know its the WNBA but still...

I ride & listen to sports radio for at least 2 hours a day during my commute to & from work...sometimes its more than that. I can't tell you how many times i hear people call in saying "I'm not a texans fan, but...." or "I want to support this team but..." or "this is why i'm not a texans fan and will never be....." in regards to Houston sports teams.

Every fan base has them, but the only real times i see this city get behind its teams is when they're winning...If they're not winning, you see just as many Cowboys, Titans, Yankees, Red sox & here lately Miami Heat crap as you do Houston sports teams stuff.
The Comets were great but you answered your own question as they say with that one.....it's the WNBA. I put no stock in that issue with fans due to that. Not only was it WNBA but the WNBA didn't have nearly the fan base then that it does now (not that they are a huge league but they have grown since then so it would be interesting to see what the fan base would be like today as opposed to back then).

I personally listen to sports radio (specifically 610) for literally 8 hours a day M-F at my desk at work all day. So of course I hear nothing but the same thing you mentioned. But those are the numbskulls and a very small number of the over all fan base. It's like working in customer service, you work where everyone is going to come get pissed off as customers. So you start to think ALL the customer are pissy idiots who never should have been born but in reality, the amount of people you deal with are a very small amount of the business' clients.

I personally believe Houston has a very good fan base but a lot of over reaction. But to say it's the worst or one of the worst is way off IMO. If you want to hear insane babbling on sports radio from some real pissed off fans listen to sports radio in the north east. This aint $hit down here.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #109
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

What he should have done.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #110
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
awwwww man this is the darkest days for ol Matty and some of the darkest days for the Texans
Divided soul of a troubled maaaaaaAAAaaan.

The final fight the final need to understand.

His tangled roots ripped from the ground

abandonement & worry forever to be found.
Old 10-09-2013   #111
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Sad to say that some people are so poorly educated that they're a detriment to society.
Yeah, so what's TexansFight's excuse. He's supposedly has an education, and he still is a detriment to society.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #112
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

These fans are not Texans worthy.
Old 10-09-2013   #113
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently this never happened per chronicle
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...se/?cmpid=hpfc
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #114
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

**********************TWITTER:

HPD twitter feed says none of this happened the way it is being protrayed...

https://twitter.com/houstonpolice

They are saying on the official HPD twitter that there was NOT a bunch of fans at his house, police were NOT called to the home.

They reported someone taking pictures and that was it.

WTF is going on with this story?

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #115
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm just getting to work and this is all I am hearing about. What a fuqing joke. This ass clown needs to be found and beaten publicly for pure idiocy. I want to see Schaub benched as much as the next guy but you don't go personal like this.

I never thought I'd see the day that Houston fans would come anywhere near philthy Philly fans but I see that time is nigh.

For shame.

Philly fans are great fans. Passionate, loyal and not accepting of garbage. Their hard edge as a fanbase puts pressure on the Eagles organization in a good way. I am glad to see Houston fans venting and telling McNair and the Texans that same old **** won't fly this year.

I think the fan who went to Schaub's house went over the line. Already there are reports that this was completely overblown. Supposedly, this fan never stepped foot on his property and just yelled **** from his car. Big deal.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #116
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Oh FFS! This, right here, is why Houston is still seen as a podunk, redneck town. Well, that and the hyperventilating 'fans' that want to destroy the franchise after every loss.

We have absolutely, without any shred of doubt, the worst fans in the country.
Bull****. Houston football fans are starved for a true winner and a Super Bowl. The negative reaction is a natural result of all the failures and disappointments we have had as Oilers and now Texans fans.

It is up to management and the players of the Texans to give this city what it needs, a Super Bowl. With the soft Houston media and generally friendly nature of this city, the players and coaches get it VERY MILD here. Trust me.
Old 10-09-2013   #117
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 8368 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Philly fans are great fans. Passionate, loyal and not accepting of garbage. Their hard edge as a fanbase puts pressure on the Eagles organization in a good way. I am glad to see Houston fans venting and telling McNair and the Texans that same old **** won't fly this year.

I think the fan who went to Schaub's house went over the line. Already there are reports that this was completely overblown. Supposedly, this fan never stepped foot on his property and just yelled **** from his car. Big deal.
This is partly true , as being a resident in philly, they are bandwagon jumpers, they hated T.O., but when he was gone all of them cried boo hoo i wish T.O was still here, same with McNabb and others
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #118
TexansFight
All Pro

Quote:
**********************TWITTER:

HPD twitter feed says none of this happened the way it is being protrayed...

https://twitter.com/houstonpolice

They are saying on the official HPD twitter that there was NOT a bunch of fans at his house, police were NOT called to the home.

They reported someone taking pictures and that was it.

WTF is going on with this story?
I knew it. I was right all along. I can sniff out BS with the best of them.
Old 10-09-2013   #119
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 36481 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Philly fans are great fans. Passionate, loyal and not accepting of garbage...
Mulletts, don't forget the mulletts.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #120
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Comets were great but you answered your own question as they say with that one.....it's the WNBA. I put no stock in that issue with fans due to that. Not only was it WNBA but the WNBA didn't have nearly the fan base then that it does now (not that they are a huge league but they have grown since then so it would be interesting to see what the fan base would be like today as opposed to back then).

I personally listen to sports radio (specifically 610) for literally 8 hours a day M-F at my desk at work all day. So of course I hear nothing but the same thing you mentioned. But those are the numbskulls and a very small number of the over all fan base. It's like working in customer service, you work where everyone is going to come get pissed off as customers. So you start to think ALL the customer are pissy idiots who never should have been born but in reality, the amount of people you deal with are a very small amount of the business' clients.

I personally believe Houston has a very good fan base but a lot of over reaction. But to say it's the worst or one of the worst is way off IMO. If you want to hear insane babbling on sports radio from some real pissed off fans listen to sports radio in the north east. This aint $hit down here.
The bolded is my point though..those fans are passionate enough to call in with that nonstop incessant babbling about their team you're talking about....they're mad & they want everyone to know about it...Most of these Houston bandwagoners probably don't care enough to call in & do that....they're not nearly as emotionally invested....It's all good when everything's going well, but when it ain't they're not trying to be associated with the team.

I hear what you're saying though...maybe it is a little hyperbole, but there's no doubt houston sports fans are the most splintered in the nation..no matter the sport.

It's the biggest reason i always snicker when this talk about bringing the NHL to Houston comes up every year...We can't even keep an IHL team here much less an NHL one...

I suppose
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read