Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013   #1041
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Houston Texans @ San Francisco 49ers. 7:30. 10/6. NBC. **Official GameDay Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Man, I hate for the season to be over with this early. It's bad enough during the off season. Has Kubiak been fired yet?
Soon as we lose to the colts/titans it's done, we'll be out of the playoff hunt at that point.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #1042
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27051 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ San Francisco 49ers. 7:30. 10/6. NBC. **Official GameDay Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Well, woke up and read the news. Schaub is still our starting quarterback. Smh.
Yeah, Gary Kubiak pretty much said that in the interview I watched last night. He seems confident Schaub is going to turn it around. We'll certainly see. The only thing that upsets me is that Kubiak is putting all of his eggs into the Schaub basket. He's ready to gamble on a guy who just isn't there mentally anymore. I admire Kubiak's loyalty but his stubborn ways are ruining this team.

At 2-3, we can still fight back and make the playoffs but I've already lost faith in Matt Schaub myself and I was one of his biggest fans. It took a long time to convince me he was done, but I'm on board with everybody else wanting him replaced as the starter.
Old 10-07-2013   #1043
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Yeah, Gary Kubiak pretty much said that in the interview I watched last night. He seems confident Schaub is going to turn it around. We'll certainly see. The only thing that upsets me is that Kubiak is putting all of his eggs into the Schaub basket. He's ready to gamble on a guy who just isn't there mentally anymore. I admire Kubiak's loyalty but his stubborn ways are ruining this team.

At 2-3, we can still fight back and make the playoffs but I've already lost faith in Matt Schaub myself and I was one of his biggest fans. It took a long time to convince me he was done, but I'm on board with everybody else wanting him replaced as the starter.
He's ready to gamble away another year of 52 other men - their careers, their opportunities, and their bodies.
Old 10-07-2013   #1044
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

ok shark can no longer make GD theads
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #1045
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEATHERHEAD View Post
We have only scored 3 points in the last 6 qts omg..something is really wrong.
I think it's something like 14 of 21 quarters this season that the Texans have not scored at all. Don't quote me.
Old 10-07-2013   #1046
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93882 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

"I think it's something like 14 of 21 quarters this season that the Texans have not scored at all."

-eriadoc
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #1047
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm really starting to get upset with the radio coverage of Matt's interceptions last night. I've even got people coming to me today saying Kubiak is too predictable & DBs are sitting on our routes.

That's not what happened. If we're predictable, fine. I can live with that. I don't like it. But I would be expecting something to be done about the predictability.

What I saw last night, was that between the time Schaub decided to throw the ball & the ball left his hand, someone recognized where he was about to throw the ball & jumped the route.

The pick six, the guy covering DeAndre stumbled, thought he was beat. He looked at the QB, realized the ball was coming his way & jumped Andre's route.

The one their safety should have caught, he saw Matt was about to throw the ball... jumped the route.

The one Andre saved from being Matt's 5th pick 6, the DB was behind him.... 4 yards. He saw Matt load up & jumped the route.

The one the big defensive lineman picked...... he was reading Schaub the whole way, jumped Graham's route.

It's not predictability. It's Matt's slow decision making process & slow delivery/release.

If he had enough confidence in his protection (which was pretty good last night) to pump fake..... we could use that to our advantage.
Old 10-07-2013   #1048
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Matt's play has really depressed me lately but I absolutely love it when everyone is picking against the Texans, I see a dubya tonight...or a complete meltdown.
Got that one right...
Old 10-07-2013   #1049
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep searching the internet for comments, quotes anything but there is literally nothing out there from last night. I just can not imagine anyone in the organization is ahppy right now and usually something gets out.

Im just looking for hope.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #1050
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I keep searching the internet for comments, quotes anything but there is literally nothing out there from last night. I just can not imagine anyone in the organization is ahppy right now and usually something gets out.

Im just looking for hope.
hope? When Manning left the division we didn't even talk to him. Greatest QB in modern history on the open market and we don't even want to talk. Meanwhile we beat the Bengals 2x in the playoffs while the Colts rebuild in 2 seasons and we are once again looking up to the team with the most long term potential. At least we have the Jags to kick around.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #1051
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
hope? When Manning left the division we didn't even talk to him. Greatest QB in modern history on the open market and we don't even want to talk. Meanwhile we beat the Bengals 2x in the playoffs while the Colts rebuild in 2 seasons and we are once again looking up to the team with the most long term potential. At least we have the Jags to kick around.
For now..
Old 10-07-2013   #1052
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I want hope that someone important is pissed. lol
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #1053
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's what happens to good ol boy systems and that's what this franchise deserves. Arrogant ways of trying to force what doesn't work to work in a league that is too advanced. At this point any team in the nfl can beat us because of this fact.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #1054
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I want hope that someone important is pissed. lol
I hope it's all these fans that keep buying tickets.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #1055
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching the game with a family I am friends with in Elgin last night with my daughter for the first half so didn't have access to my computer. Just went and looked at the beginning of the thread so I could see the reaction of everyone when that Pick 6 hit. Hahaha, page 5 is funny as hell. Everyone is just chatting away and then the bomb drops lol.

Where I was at we were a minute or so behind as we rewound it for a sec on the DVR so when the pick happened my phone started blowing up but I hadn't seen it yet. Lol......so fuqed up with that pick 6.

Matt Schaub is the Cal Ripken Jr of Pick 6's for consecutive streaks....he's the Iron Man of pick 6's lol.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #1056
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27051 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

ThaShark316, take one for the team and let somebody else make the game thread against the Rams. LOL, three-game losing streak bro. We need to try something new. My goodness gracious. Just to end the skid at least.
Old 10-09-2013   #1057
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
ThaShark316, take one for the team and let somebody else make the game thread against the Rams. LOL, three-game losing streak bro. We need to try something new. My goodness gracious. Just to end the skid at least.
Okay who's the backup gameday thread starter for ThaShark316?
Should it be a Yates supporter or a Keenum supporter??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #1058
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If he had enough confidence in his protection.
Always trying to set up an out for him....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read