Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2013   #21
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak to have team meeting Wednesday AM

I don't think you call a full team meeting to address one player. If he is benching Schaub, I think that meeting takes place in the position group room. Then he would update the full team at the next regularly scheduled team meeting.

If he is calling an unscheduled, full team meeting, it's likely to be one of those "come together as a team" pep talks. All IMO of course, I've been to a grand total of 0.0 NFL meetings.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's gonna announce that they've traded Ben Tate for Peyton Manning. :kool aid:

PS-OK, too much caffeine for me.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #23
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I think he's gonna announce that they've traded Ben Tate for Peyton Manning.

Peyton would make a terrible second string running back.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Yeah, you're right. Nevermind.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #25
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 12391 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

He's going to announce that he's sticking with Schaub the rest of the way, sink or swim. Will be an effort to quell any QB controversy and tell everyone Matt and his family were accosted last night and the team will feel bad for him and give him a pass.

I JJ Watt skirted the question of whether or not Schaub was a good QB and I'm thinking the locker room is starting to crack. Hence this meeting.
Old 10-09-2013   #26
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably just about bringing the team together. After watching the game again it looked pretty apparent they were getting to the point of simply going through the motions in the second half. They can feed as much team speak to the media they like but any that played, coached or really been around the game (or any team sport for that matter) knows after a while it begins taking effect. It's his job to lead these men and get them to circle the wagons again and start treating it one week at a time and nothing more. No talk of playoffs, divisions, Superbowls. Just one week at a time to get them going again.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #27
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's giving out Schaub's address since apparently every other jackoff has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He's either announcing a qb change, or he's going to ask that they keep their faith in Schaub. Make it clear that everyone knows he's struggling, but say that he think Matt has earned the right to turn it around.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to sit Matt.
That last statement makes me believe it's the latter.

I think Kubiak is going to lay out his argument with the team how it's on them to pick up the slack, to focus on the next play, & to dedicate themselves to being the best they can be on every snap, regardless what happened before.

That's what it's going to take to beat Denver. That's what it's going to take to beat New England. & that's what it's going to take to win the Super Bowl.

They did it in that Chargers game. Matt threw a pick 6, but the other 21 unanswered points weren't on Schaub. They were on the whole team. We rallied, we got the W.

They did it against the Titans. Matt gave them 6 points (7)..... but there was a lot going wrong, they rallied, they got the job done.

Even though there was a lot of stuff going wrong in the San Diego game & the Titans' game, there was way more attention on Schaub's mistakes. We go to Baltimore & the offense can't punch it in to the end zone. Matt throws another pick 6, & everything snowballs.

More attention to the pick 6. We get Seattle, pick 6, more snowballing.

More attention to the pick 6. We go to San Francisco. First play of the game, pick 6.... more snowballing.

I think Kubiak is going to tell them it's that BS that lost us the game more than Matt's mistakes. Just like the JacobyJones muff punt in the first 5 minutes of the game. That should not have stopped this team, this offense from winning that game. But it did.

It's bad enough that we're star struck with guys like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, & Drew Brees...... & rightfully so, those guys are hellufied players. But we've got hellufied players on our side of the ball too. We can't let mistakes & errors & damn good play by the other team take us out of our game.

We are a good football team. We need to start playing like it. That includes & especially the Quarterback.
Old 10-09-2013   #29
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to hold hands. Sing kumbaya.
Old 10-09-2013   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Quote:
I think he's gonna announce that they've traded Ben Tate for Peyton Manning.

Yeah, you're right. Nevermind.
Peyton has more rushing TDs than Tate this year & less fumbles.
Old 10-09-2013   #31
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That last statement makes me believe it's the latter.

I think Kubiak is going to lay out his argument with the team how it's on them to pick up the slack, to focus on the next play, & to dedicate themselves to being the best they can be on every snap, regardless what happened before.

That's what it's going to take to beat Denver. That's what it's going to take to beat New England. & that's what it's going to take to win the Super Bowl.

They did it in that Chargers game. Matt threw a pick 6, but the other 21 unanswered points weren't on Schaub. They were on the whole team. We rallied, we got the W.

They did it against the Titans. Matt gave them 6 points (7)..... but there was a lot going wrong, they rallied, they got the job done.

Even though there was a lot of stuff going wrong in the San Diego game & the Titans' game, there was way more attention on Schaub's mistakes. We go to Baltimore & the offense can't punch it in to the end zone. Matt throws another pick 6, & everything snowballs.

More attention to the pick 6. We get Seattle, pick 6, more snowballing.

More attention to the pick 6. We go to San Francisco. First play of the game, pick 6.... more snowballing.

I think Kubiak is going to tell them it's that BS that lost us the game more than Matt's mistakes. Just like the JacobyJones muff punt in the first 5 minutes of the game. That should not have stopped this team, this offense from winning that game. But it did.

It's bad enough that we're star struck with guys like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, & Drew Brees...... & rightfully so, those guys are hellufied players. But we've got hellufied players on our side of the ball too. We can't let mistakes & errors & damn good play by the other team take us out of our game.

We are a good football team. We need to start playing like it. That includes & especially the Quarterback.
He's not going in there with that message. He'd lose the team for sure. It's fine for fans to think like that. It's harmless. But hes not going to look those guys in the eyes and say any of what you just posted. That'd be a bigger insult than continuing to run Schaub out as the starter.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #32
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Time to hold hands. Sing kumbaya.
While Rome burns.

BTW, Runner, good to see you back.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #33
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I'm thinking he's going to let the team know that he's making a QB change.
My first wish is for Schaub to stop sucking, but this will do too.
Old 10-09-2013   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's not going in there with that message. He'd lose the team for sure. It's fine for fans to think like that. It's harmless. But hes not going to look those guys in the eyes and say any of what you just posted. That'd be a bigger insult than continuing to run Schaub out as the starter.
Good teams have good players who consistently make at least relatively good decisions.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I also want to add this before we find out what the meeting was about.

Kubiak saw David Carr & said, "I can win games with him" I don't know if he said we can win a Super Bowl with David, not with the team we had at that time, but I believe he thought we could win some games with David & we did.

Kubiak saw Sage & said, "I can win games with him."

Kubiak said, "I can win some games with Matt Schaub." Sight unseen they made him a starting QB, never had the first word with him. & we did.

In the same way, if he's been looking at Tj Yates for 3 years & Case Keenum for 2 years... if they are on the roster he's saying, "I can win some games with them."

& I believe it. Whether we can win a Super Bowl with them on this team, we'll see. But if we can win games & get to the play offs, why not?

I know, I know.... early last season Kubiak said, "I can win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub." & reiterated that by bringing him back as the starter. & I believe him. If Matt can get out of his funk, I still believe we can win a Super Bowl with Matt Schaub.

What I don't know & what Gary doesn't know & what Matt doesn't know.... is how long it's going to take Matt to get out of his funk. We've only got 11 games left & it's time to either move on, or really circle the wagons..... not this lip service we've been getting.

I honestly believe we can win the next two games with Arian & our defense if every body plays the way they can play & we handicap Matt. Shouldn't have to handicap our starting QB, but this is where we are at.

I understand we've got KC envy, but man for man we are so much more talented than that team that it would not be questioned if not for Matt's dilemma. We'd be 10 point favorites. As it is now I don't believe we should be more than 6 point dogs going to Arrowhead, which should be a win in my book.
Old 10-09-2013   #36
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
While Rome burns.

BTW, Runner, good to see you back.
Thanks. To me it is more interesting here during the season. More reality because the team is playing; somewhat less hope, conjecture, and opinion masquerading as fact.
Old 10-09-2013   #37
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

"We're gonna keep battling. Best way to get through something like this is play through it. We're going to stand behind my....er...our QB and go to battle for him. Now, everyone line up and give Matt a bro-hug"
Old 10-09-2013   #38
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Something? Nothing? Shipley's donuts and kolache's?
Considering how lackluster the team has looked in most of the first halves, perhaps they need some more protein. Sausage and Cheese kolaches for everyone!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
We'll see.

But "the problem" on this team is not Matt Schaub. He's the problem right now, but big picture, Super Bowl picture..... It's being mentally tough when it counts. Against New England we weren't mentally tough as a team. Against Greenbay we weren't mentally tough as a team. In the play offs, we weren't mentally tough as a team.

Matt can come out of this funk now & we've done nothing but prove we are that same mentally weak team that stalled in the divisional round of the play offs twice.

I don't think he's going to absolve Matt. We were probably going to lose those games anyway with the play we were getting from the QB, but those losses shouldn't have been so bad.

He'll reassure them that he'll do the right thing when it's time, if it gets to be time. But the last three games were perfect opportunities for us to prove we are the kind of team that can win a Super Bowl. Not the paper tiger we were last season.

It's easy to stick out your chest & say "That's my QB" when he's pulling his weight. But it takes a special type of person, a special type of teammate to say it when he's struggling.

Old 10-09-2013   #40
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Peyton has more rushing TDs than Tate this year & less fumbles.
Touché.

Maybe he would make a better 2nd string running back.

If we brought him in, Kubiak would probably put him 4th string and make him earn his way on the field...around 2015.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read