Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2013   #101
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In support of Case...

Sigh. Well, whatever the truth is (and it'll only be known once Keenum has been in the real game), it'll hopefully come out. That's why I want him to start. We can figure out what we have, and whether or not it's what we thought it was all along (Case is a backup) or that Case is the second coming of Tom Brady. I'm fine with either option.

Public announcement: Case turns out to be that guy, I get a Keenum jersey at the end of the year and post pics. I'll gladly eat crow if he's that person, because it means good things for the team. In my opinion, though, he's not that guy.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #102
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Sigh. Well, whatever the truth is (and it'll only be known once Keenum has been in the real game), it'll hopefully come out. That's why I want him to start. We can figure out what we have, and whether or not it's what we thought it was all along (Case is a backup) or that Case is the second coming of Tom Brady. I'm fine with either option.

Public announcement: Case turns out to be that guy, I get a Keenum jersey at the end of the year and post pics. I'll gladly eat crow if he's that person, because it means good things for the team. In my opinion, though, he's not that guy.
Same deal with TJ from me!
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #103
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Either way, at least we can agree schaub ain't it!
Old 10-09-2013   #104
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
True that, man. At the end of this day, whatever helps the team win is what I want to happen.
Old 10-09-2013   #105
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40896 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
so if schaub turn it around and gets us to the playoffs and more noone will buy his jersey?

poor matt
Old 10-09-2013   #106
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
so if schaub turn it around and gets us to the playoffs and more noone will buy his jersey?

poor matt
Charcoal is cheaper and flavors the meat better. This isn't schaub's first year to suck. Nothing would aggravate me more than for him to turn it around at this point, because they'd probably up his contract and we'd have unfortold more years of mediocrity.
Old 10-09-2013   #107
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I think at some point the Texans have to find out whether the QB of the future is on the team this year going into the draft. You don't want to waste a pick if you don't need one so Yates or Keenum need to be given a real shot. I'm not a Yates fan, but I'm willing to give him a chance. Case intrigues me so I'd like to see some of him too. If Schaub keeps throwing away games then we'll be out of playoff contention soon anyway.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #108
RunningTheSouth
Rookie

Time to see Case in real game action.
RunningTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #109
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/12/...t-j/in/2374119
The video of the pass I'm referring to.

Also, Waynegg, what on earth are you talking about?
I remember that. Nice pass and thanks for the link. Never get tired of seeing stuff like that.

Having said that if you don't think Keenum could make that same throw you're just not paying attention or being intentionally obtuse because you got a problem with the boy.

I got a UH avatar on because I'm a fan of Keenum but I really don't care which one starts Sunday as long as it isn't Matt.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 10-09-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #110
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 126 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Accuracy =/= arm, see Joe Flacco. I like Keenum's decision making and accuracy. However, in many of his college highlight reels, he was throwing to wide open WRs. I don't think our WRs here are going to be that open.
You start making defenses worry about us going deep then more open guys will be noticed. Right now they don't and don't have to play much man just an under zone because they know we will go deep one time a game as it stands now.

Also if you watch Keenum does not focus on one guy during the play. He finds the open guy.
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #111
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

SMH!!!

This coming from someone that enjoyed all 16 years Case spent at UH!

Case looked great against 3rd teamers with teams showing "vanilla" defenses.

The negative aside, those that criticize Case for being a "system QB" and has a "weak arm" are full of shyte!! Case can make any throw needed.

Is he ready to be "the Guy"??? Hell no!! NOT NO, BUT HELL NO!!!!

That said, I like him on this roster.

AND Maybe........... Just maybe, someday!!
Old 10-09-2013   #112
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
SMH!!!
Is he ready to be "the Guy"??? Hell no!! NOT NO, BUT HELL NO!!!!
Tell us how you really feel
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #113
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Thread should have been titled the case for Case... but whatever.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #114
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40896 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Thread should have been titled the case for Case... but whatever.
It's not like I don't believe in Schaub, but I would bench him anyways. Just in case.
Old 10-10-2013   #115
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a case to be made that we should activate Case, just in case.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #116
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak is going with the QB he thinks will offer best chance to win and worry about future QB later. If MS does not get better Gary can then use last half of season to try out Keenum and Yates.
Old 10-11-2013   #117
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Its taken me awhile to come to this but I can no longer see a light at the end of the Matt Schaub tunnel. I am endorsing change in the form of Case Keenum, who seems to be the only QB on the roster who has any chance of being a true game changer. In that spirit, I have now changed my avatar to reflect Case's alma mater, who is with me?
I see a light at the end of Matt's tunnel and it's a train to get his sorry carcase out of this city...

I would like to see what Keenum could do with the starters. I already know what Yates can do but I think Keenum wold be that spsrk plug the team needs...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #118
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I see a light at the end of Matt's tunnel and it's a train to get his sorry carcase out of this city...
The Express Schaub Train to Hell is now boarding! Each passenger will be given a free football to run through a goal line in the bar car.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #119
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1h
Shane Lechler will be the #Texans emergency QB with Owen Daniels out. "Or I might go in there, how about that?" Kubiak says.

Quote:
TX Cleaver ‏@TXCleaver 19m
If I'm reading these tweets right, the Texans QB depth chart used to be Schaub, Yates, Daniels, Lechler, Keenum.
Kubiak trolling the entire Texans fan base. Why even carry 3 QBs then?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #120
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Kubiak trolling the entire Texans fan base. Why even carry 3 QBs then?
If Keenum is inactive, then Daniels would go in after Yates. If Keenum is active, Daniels would go in after Keenum.

Schaub Yates Keenum OD Lechler. Nothing to see here, carry on.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read