Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2013   #61
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In support of Case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
i'm not talking about now. if anything I think MS will get the start.
Okay, even then... what makes you think he'll be anything better than a good backup? College highlights against (who was that, Rice?) inferior competition?

I think Case Keenum has shown me enough to be at most 2b to TJ Yates' 2a. However, since the Case lobby here has been calling for him to start, I have too, because if he does have the magical unseen talent he'll win us games and I will be happy, and if he sucks the Case lobby will quiet down and I'll be happy.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #62
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Okay, even then... what makes you think he'll be anything better than a good backup? College highlights against (who was that, Rice?) inferior competition?

I think Case Keenum has shown me enough to be at most 2b to TJ Yates' 2a. However, since the Case lobby here has been calling for him to start, I have too, because if he does have the magical unseen talent he'll win us games and I will be happy, and if he sucks the Case lobby will quiet down and I'll be happy.
you want to go back to college? what his last game against a top 5 defense in penn st was murdered. at this point, college is irrelevant.

Kubiak has always said great things about Keenum. He's got better footwork, reads on defenses, better arm, killer instinct, more accurate than today's schaub. Case is also a winner. There is no unseen talent, there's a reason why he was kept on the team and not sent to the practice squad.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #63
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

looking at your stats. you like the aggies?
Old 10-08-2013   #64
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you want to go back to college? what his last game against a top 5 defense in penn st was murdered. at this point, college is irrelevant.

Kubiak has always said great things about Keenum. He's got better footwork, reads on defenses, better arm, killer instinct, more accurate than today's schaub. Case is also a winner. There is no unseen talent, there's a reason why he was kept on the team and not sent to the practice squad.
I find these two statements hard to reconcile, given that Keenum has never played a regular season game. If college is irrelevant, how was he a winner?
Old 10-08-2013   #65
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
looking at your stats. you like the aggies?
I'm an A&M student.
Old 10-08-2013   #66
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
I'm an A&M student.
I ask because for many years (07), I've watched coach sumlin talk big things about Case. Many many interviews on how Case is going to make an impact on the NFL. He is a reason why Case was successful and broke almost every NCAA record.
Old 10-08-2013   #67
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Many of you have already seen this, but it needs to linked in this thread too. It's Skip Bayless -- who I normally disagree with -- delivering a nearly perfect argument for why Keenum should be started over Yates. He also acknowledges the unlikelihood of it happening.

Start at 4:40, though the entire thing is worth watching.

Link.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #68
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
I find these two statements hard to reconcile, given that Keenum has never played a regular season game. If college is irrelevant, how was he a winner?
you made a statement about competition (Rice). I made a comment about his last game which was a SEC opponent. that's all. do the research yourself.
Old 10-08-2013   #69
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see Case start! I didn't like T.J. last week. IMO, Schaub will continue to regress & should be cut next season. The Schaub era is done, unfortunately. Immobile QB with a noodle arm doesn't belong in the NFL!
Old 10-08-2013   #70
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
you made a statement about competition (Rice). I made a comment about his last game which was a SEC opponent. that's all. do the research yourself.
Penn St.?

Regardless, taking into account Brisco's video, the reasons offered by Skip Bayless are precisely why I want Keenum to start. I don't see it. I'm sorry, but I just don't. I see good decision making and several other good skills, but quite a few knocks as well. But if he really and truly does have what UH and Case fans have been making such noise about, it'll show. If he doesn't, we're no worse off than we were before.

It's just my opinion that at the end of the day, Keenum won't be the savior everyone thinks he is. Do I want him to be? Sure. If Keenum took this team around to the playoffs you bet I'll buy a Keenum jersey. Will he be? Don't think so.
Old 10-08-2013   #71
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, God is with Case Keenum...not these heathen Rams and Jaguars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDy6OBlfzyM

I mean, if God is for us, then to hell with our enemies, right?
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #72
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Penn St.?

Regardless, taking into account Brisco's video, the reasons offered by Skip Bayless are precisely why I want Keenum to start. I don't see it. I'm sorry, but I just don't. I see good decision making and several other good skills, but quite a few knocks as well. But if he really and truly does have what UH and Case fans have been making such noise about, it'll show. If he doesn't, we're no worse off than we were before.

It's just my opinion that at the end of the day, Keenum won't be the savior everyone thinks he is. Do I want him to be? Sure. If Keenum took this team around to the playoffs you bet I'll buy a Keenum jersey. Will he be? Don't think so.
you can read the other thread on johhny vs case. very interesting. even comparing how case's stats were better than manziel against bcs teams.

i'm not saying case will be the savior today, but I hope one day he gets a shot. and when he does, I know he'll make a lot more people believers. until then, it's all open.
Old 10-08-2013   #73
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
this is a complete myth. there are many that have witnessed during preseason and practice, including the coach, that keenum's arm strength is fine. among the 3, case has a stronger arm than both tj and schaub.

you want to see a bad arm these days, look at matt. I've never seen such bad velocity and easy reads in my support for MS all these years.
TJ has the best arm of the 3 and its not even close.
Old 10-09-2013   #74
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I disagree.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...ited-skill-set
Old 10-09-2013   #75
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Schaub's outta the picture.....i get that

what you're not taking into account is that most of these new age qb's who aren't being sheltered are 1st round talents.....i.e. guys that have their coaches pressed by fans & owners more often than not to mold their offenses to thier skill sets...the lone exceptions are Wilson & Kaepernick. And as much as a game changer Keenum has the potential to be, does anyone think Kubiak is gonna mold or change his offense to fully take advantage of Keenum's abilities? Nope. If he were the heir apparent to Drew Brees in that system....i'd agree with you. That's the type of system he comes from & Peyton would be sure to carry him & adapt...here with this coaching staff...nope.

Lastly, people keep saying the bolded but the new rules & the explosion of offense still aren't preventing qb's from failing at about the same clips as they were back when young guys were primarily sheltered. See Newton, Bradford....Weeden.

Apart from that....what's the rush? Rodgers sat on the bench for like 3-4 years before he got his shot..I think we all agree that it worked out okay for the Pack & Rodgers had immensely more talent than Keenum when he came out.

See Warner
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #76
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
See Warner
Case closed. Pun intended.
Old 10-09-2013   #77
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
See Warner
Not sure what you're saying here...warner got his shot by default...green went down with an injury and warner was pressed into duty...ok it worked out for him....but tell the whole story....warner had been cut by like 3-4 teams and was bagging groceries before he got his shot with the rams.....playing the percentages, he's also likely the exception, not the rule when it comes to these situations..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #78
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is a 44 yard pass that Keenum throws effortlessly while running forward.

Link.

There is hardly any wind-up. He doesn't have to plant his feet. He just slings it in a half second while running.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #79
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please go watch Keemun before saying stuff like that. Keemun is by far a more prolific passer then Yates. He will attempt to put passes in windows that Yates wouldn't think about trying.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #80
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Please go watch Keemun before saying stuff like that. Keemun is by far a more prolific passer then Yates. He will attempt to put passes in windows that Yates wouldn't think about trying.
Accuracy =/= arm, see Joe Flacco. I like Keenum's decision making and accuracy. However, in many of his college highlight reels, he was throwing to wide open WRs. I don't think our WRs here are going to be that open.

I seem to recall a TJ Yates pass thrown in the game against Atlanta where he threw one to Andre where the CB was glued all over him to Andre's 5 o'clock but the ball was placed within arm's extent of Andre's 10 o'clock. There was no way the CB could get his hands on it. That was perfect ball placement.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read