Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2013   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
really. wonder if he picks who gets to ask him the questions.
Schaub should pick 6 to talk to. That would be about right.

After listening to Kubiak's postgame interview, it sounds as if we will all have to "work through this thing" with Schaub.

Pick 6 - 4
Accountability - 0

I just noticed that Bill Paxton would be dead on if Hollywood ever makes the Gary Kubiak Story. John McClain could be played by Shamu the whale.
Old 10-07-2013   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted something similar in another thread but it can go here as well. I view the media as an extension of the fans, they get access to the team and get to ask questions of the team that we all wish we could be asking. Why is our media soft on the team? Why are they settling for the same old "It's on me" or "I didn't call a good play or put the player in a position to succeed" excuses and not asking a hard follow up question like Why? If this were New York, Boston, Philly, etc... the media would be ripping this team and asking the hard nasty questions that fans want answered. The media is the fans version of accountability to the team.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no accountability

Never has been on the football side of the operation.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #24
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It was on ESPN.
e said "We cant turn the ball over, we had the fumble and some other things" are you Fing kidding me. Out of the whole game he mentions the fumble by tae.
Old 10-07-2013   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391709 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
If this were New York, Boston, Philly, etc... the media would be ripping this team and asking the hard nasty questions that fans want answered. The media is the fans version of accountability to the team.
To what effect? Is Eli with his 12 INTs about to be benched? Is Tom Coughlin about to be fired? Asking hard nasty questions just receives another round of coach speak not more accountability.
Old 10-07-2013   #26
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
To what effect? Is Eli with his 12 INTs about to be benched? Is Tom Coughlin about to be fired? Asking hard nasty questions just receives another round of coach speak not more accountability.
pretty sure Eli has won them 2 superbowls though, what has Schaub won us besides AFC South champs ? And now holder of a new nfl record.
Old 10-07-2013   #27
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
No, but players like Tate are held accountable when they fumble once and get benched even though he was having a kick-ass game.

I'd say it's favoritism, not accountability.
I say its play the higher salary, piss on talent...
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #28
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1017 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

Going down with a sinking ship..get rid of kubs,3to 5 years to rebuild---Go Rockets
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #29
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
pretty sure Eli has won them 2 superbowls though, what has Schaub won us besides AFC South champs ? And now holder of a new nfl record.
Well, I happen to be in NYC right now. Trust me, no one here gives a rat's ass about Eli winning 2 Super Bowls. The Giants are now 0-4, and it's what have you done for me lately, and that's all anyone cares about.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Well, I happen to be in NYC right now. Trust me, no one here gives a rat's ass about Eli winning 2 Super Bowls. The Giants are now 0-4, and it's what have you done for me lately, and that's all anyone cares about.
Agreed. But no one here is giving Eli that kinda grief, mainly because we don't care.

Eli has had some great games, we(down here in Texas) believe he's the best option they have right now.

If we were able to step back & look at our situation it's possible that we can see the same thing here. Yates/Keenum aren't going to get in the game unless Schaub gets hurt. Matt is our starting QB, much to our chagrin.

The frustrating part, is that few of us had the confidence in Schaub that Gary has had to begin with. We understand if Schaub's play drops below a certain level, he'd get pulled. It baffles us, even me (a guy who doesn't care for Schaub but believed he is good enough to win a Championship with this team), that we haven't seen that level yet.
Old 10-08-2013   #31
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40895 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
You can argue that it's almost racism I mean the system is being run in good ol boy fashion.
I think fascism is a better word for the concept. It's less race-related and more political.
Old 10-08-2013   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I think fascism is a better word for the concept. It's less race-related and more political.
You are correct that racist doesn't apply. Gary hand picked Frank Bush and Rick Smith as his key people...so I think racist is kinda not even close to accurate.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #33
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40895 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
You are correct that racist doesn't apply. Gary hand picked Frank Bush and Rick Smith as his key people...so I think racist is kinda not even close to accurate.
well someone can still be racist if he favors black people over white, but I don't think this is the case...
Old 10-08-2013   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well someone can still be racist if he favors black people over white, but I don't think this is the case...
Yeah, that's it. Kubiak favors black people over white. He named his sons Kxxx, Kxxx, & Kxxx, & that's why he's more lenient to Schaub than he is to Ben Tate.

Old 10-08-2013   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
thanks for the education

Old 10-08-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
you cant blame people for feeling it. jacoby jones and trindon holliday are gone but how long did kevin walter last?

how long has joe marciano lasted?

you think if matt schaub was black and played the same way, threw crazy picks in end of games and to defensive linemen and linbackers, he would have lasted 7 years as starter?

lets be honest here.
Try this-->click<--

Then read what Sigma said again.

Quote:
Then read what I said again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yeah, that's it. Kubiak favors black people over white. He named his sons Kxxx, Kxxx, & Kxxx, & that's why he's more lenient to Schaub than he is to Ben Tate.

Old 10-08-2013   #37
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
thanks for the education
so, this is where my english fails me...

With your first post I wasn't sure if you were sarcastic or not, then all sorts of stuff came out about kubiak being so biased.

I guess I never noticed because I'm not even considering the possibility of someone being racist in such an environment.

And now I don't get if you are sarcastic again

it is 3AM over here, in my defense.

This said, I really hope that Kubiak isn't racist...
Old 10-08-2013   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
so, this is where my english fails me...

With your first post I wasn't sure if you were sarcastic or not, then all sorts of stuff came out about kubiak being so biased.

I guess I never noticed because I'm not even considering the possibility of someone being racist in such an environment.

And now I don't get if you are sarcastic again

it is 3AM over here, in my defense.

This said, I really hope that Kubiak isn't racist...
no problem....I'm darkly sarcastic at times. It's all really hilarious with all the proper translations and such. just ignore me for the most part - it works for the others.

Old 10-08-2013   #39
Sigma
All Pro

Quote:
no problem....I'm darkly sarcastic at times. It's all really hilarious with all the proper translations and such. just ignore me for the most part - it works for the others.
pun intended?
Old 10-08-2013   #40
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
kubiak is lenient to schaub because he lives vicariously through schaub.
Your hatred of Kubiak & Schaub makes it difficult to take you seriously. You come off as an emotionally distraught, teenage groupie.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read