Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2013   #41
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In support of Case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
fair enough if that's your opinion,
Not really an opinion. He's never started in the NFL.

NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #42
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's our best shot.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #43
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 11376 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Not really an opinion. He's never started in the NFL.

he also said that he'll never amount to anything in the NFL.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #44
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
He's our best shot.
And this is based on?????????????
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #45
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53394 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
And this is based on?????????????
Watching his skill set compared to Matt and Yates skill set.

He is our best QB talent wise.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #46
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Watching his skill set compared to Matt and Yates skill set.

He is our best QB talent wise.
I honestly believe he and yates have about the same skill set...Yates' arm is stronger too imo..
Old 10-08-2013   #47
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I've been in the Keenum Koolaid drinking club for a while now.
Thorn, I see that being an empty cup at this point. We've gotta wait on Schaub to flame out (done in our eyes, not GK's) then Yates who's only done mop up to date before Keenum would ever be afforded a chance.

Unless Unc Bob has a closed door meeting and we all know he doesn't meddle.

Oh well....

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #48
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
nah, yates doesnt have keenum's feel for the QB position. Yates has many deer in the headlights looks and locks on to one receiver far too often. Yates also struggles in the poise department. Complete opposite of Case who has all the intangibles in his favor.
I don't care who starts as long it's not Schaub. I'd like to see Yates or Keenum on the field as our starting QB, not because I think they're the next Tom Brady, but because they're a better option than Matt Schaub.

With that said, there's no way you can definitively say Keenum has all the intangibles, especially since he went undrafted. If Keenum is the world beater everyone's making him out to be, he would've been a first round draft pick. He might be a diamond in the rough, but it's amazing how you are making him out to be the Texan's savior. He's got some question marks if he starts, and so does Yates.

I would love to see what Keenum has to offer for us. I hope all of you are right, and that he's our next Arian Foster. I'm just tired of seeing Schaub play and fail miserably. I'm tired of 3rd and long and Matt throwing underneath for a gain of 2. I'm sick of Matt's lack of arm strength, mobility, and good decision making. It's pretty difficult to downgrade from there.
Old 10-08-2013   #49
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

As I said in another thread, I think Case Keenum gives us the best shot at providing the leadership/spark we need to turn this around. GK let's do it brother, it can't be any worse and at least it should be entertaining.

I don't think I can watch another game of Schaub playing a wet noodle when a defensive player's shadow is close to him. The dude has lost his confidence and it's really sad to see him on the field. GK, have pity on the man. Smith should trade him to CLE, BUFF or wherever for whatever. Maybe a fresh start will help his mental state.

Go Case!

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #50
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
nah, yates doesnt have keenum's feel for the QB position. Yates has many deer in the headlights looks and locks on to one receiver far too often. Yates also struggles in the poise department. Complete opposite of Case who has all the intangibles in his favor. Yates does have a slightly stronger arm but case is much accurate than yates and has better ball placement.
Wow...you got all that from preseason games huh?
Old 10-08-2013   #51
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
no, i got it from watching all of TJ yates games as starter including this preseason along with some of keenum's games his last couple years in houston along with his preseason play. Yates has accuracy problem, you can see that with his propensity to throw high and not being able to read WR progressions fast enough. Case excells at WR progressions because he worked with a spread offense with multiple receivers.

have you found that post of your you claim was saying the same thing i was saying or are you still putting up a charade?
U still trying to beat your chest thinking u came up with some grand revelation that anyone with any common sense and knowledge of the team couldn't put together?

Lol, you're downplaying yates' abilities, nfl experience and accomplishments in favor of a guy who hasnt even taken a regular season snap at qb in the nfl.

1 guy led this team to playoffs in a pressure packed situation, has 1 playoff win under his belt and performed admirably as a rookie pressed into action at the last 2nd......the other guy just made the active roster......Yeah....and this great analysis is based on a few college football games and preseason games to boot.

Tell me how im supposed to take u serious as a knowledgable football head again?

Stop stalking me "breh"... You're only gonna keep making youself look silly.
Old 10-08-2013   #52
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4LpCbVTp-g
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Playmaker

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E4GL4poAr30
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #54
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Yeah...b/c he didn't make plays in that bengals regular season game....and he didnt lead that game winning drive against the Bengals in the regular season to get us in the playoffs.....

he may not have led in the traditional sense, but he stepped up and made plays and led when he had to...which is all the team needed him to do at that point....and like i said, he was a rookie....

In any event, it's still more than Keenum has done to this point.

Lol at me reaching. How am i reaching when i'm basing my analysis of the situation on something someone has actually done in the actual setting and you're basing yours off amatuer play and what can only be described as "simulations"?
Old 10-08-2013   #55
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he also said that he'll never amount to anything in the NFL.
He wont. Some of you are thinking he is Brady 2.0.That type of situation happens once in a lifetime. Ill go with the odds.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

You know you got it bad when your third string QB is the most popular player in town.
Old 10-08-2013   #57
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 11376 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
He wont. Some of you are thinking he is Brady 2.0.That type of situation happens once in a lifetime. Ill go with the odds.
having someone even become an effective backup and being someone in the NFL is quiet different than not being anything at all.

who said he was brady? even case fans aren't claiming that. if case put up numbers from your college, you'd be a case bandwagon fan. at this point, we just want someone better than today's Schaub.
Old 10-08-2013   #58
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
well you're already kinda wrong, cuz he's on the team and not on the practice squad. plus he's making more money than last year. and he'll one day start. I'll go with those odds.
Old 10-08-2013   #59
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well you're already kinda wrong, cuz he's on the team and not on the practice squad. plus he's making more money than last year. and he'll one day start. I'll go with those odds.
What on earth makes you think this? If Kubiak does bench Schaub, it'll be Yates who takes the start. And unless Yates pulls a Leinart, Keenum won't get a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6sA-pWv9sc

^ have we forgotten this already? Keep in mind had Jacoby not been held, that ball was placed 100% perfectly for a TD pass. No way Matt Schaub makes that accurate of a pass.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #60
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
What on earth makes you think this? If Kubiak does bench Schaub, it'll be Yates who takes the start. And unless Yates pulls a Leinart, Keenum won't get a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6sA-pWv9sc

^ have we forgotten this already? Keep in mind had Jacoby not been held, that ball was placed 100% perfectly for a TD pass. No way Matt Schaub makes that accurate of a pass.
i'm not talking about now. if anything I think MS will get the start.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read