Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2013   #81
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

Exactly (disaacks3). This is much like the years when our offense was throwing the ball around, piling up yards and points, and struggling to stay in games while the defense was giving up yards and points like crazy.... only reversed. Did anyone think that Kubiak wanted Schaub throwing the ball that much? Of course not. The failure of the defense to stop anybody made it a necessity to keep the pedal down on offense.

Now the fact that the offense won't score any points, or only scores them in one quarter and then parks itself in neutral the rest of the day is causing the defense to stay out there too long and to play under the kind of pressure you get when you know that any points you give up will be the margin of defeat since the offense isn't doing squat. When the offense gets all over the other team then your defense can take more chances because your opponent's offense has to become one dimensional to try and get back into the game.

We rarely see offenses doing that now because we're always playing keep-up/catch-up.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 10-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #82
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #83
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
*in small print*

Except for Schaub

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #84
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

The best shot for this team to win this season is for someone to go over the matt and slap the sh!t out of him, have him wake up and get his sh!t together. Everyone is talking about physical issues but I think most of this is mental which can be harder to deal with. If Matt was 135/212 8 td 4 int we would be 3-1 or 4-0.

Tj isnt going 135/212 8 Td and probably not 9 ints

Case despite his fan base I dont think he would go 64%
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #85
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Let Schaub call audibles and see what happens.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #86
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Welp, looks like Uncle Rico got booted.....thread pages all jacked up and I can't see his posts anymore.

Did he just have a total meltdown or what? I saw he was getting pretty upset.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 10-08-2013   #87
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

America hates us
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #88
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

America hates us
Haha, I like that somehow WV is the other state with TX. That said who cares, the US public also elected the last 2 Presidents (obviously all Presidents but you get the point).

Public poll = shake weight cream.

Old 10-08-2013   #89
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

America hates us
People think Matt is just the best QB on the team. When you talk to non-texan fans about it, it isn't. "Give Case a shot, I like what I've seen with him."

It's "Whose case? What other option do you really have?"

It's like the first take discussion where Steven A Smith was like "Meh" on Yates and Skip told him who Case was and then that swayed his opinion a bit.
Old 10-08-2013   #90
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Haha, I like that somehow WV is the other state with TX. That said who cares, the US public also elected the last 2 Presidents (obviously all Presidents but you get the point).

Public poll = shake weight cream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
People think Matt is just the best QB on the team. When you talk to non-texan fans about it, it isn't. "Give Case a shot, I like what I've seen with him."

It's "Whose case? What other option do you really have?"

It's like the first take discussion where Steven A Smith was like "Meh" on Yates and Skip told him who Case was and then that swayed his opinion a bit.
I posted this on a different NFL forum I post at and they all said they have their own teams best interests in mind. Basically they all feel if you put any good QB on that team it is scary for the rest of the league.

Maybe I should forward this to Kubiak
Old 10-08-2013   #91
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I posted this on a different NFL forum I post at and they all said they have their own teams best interests in mind. Basically they all feel if you put any good QB on that team it is scary for the rest of the league.

Maybe I should forward this to Kubiak
That was my first thought when I saw that poll. Of course they think Schaub should start! It takes the Texans out of the race!!
Old 10-08-2013   #92
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Could it be that most people not emotionally connected still think Schaub is the best option?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #93
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Could it be that most people not emotionally connected still think Schaub is the best option?
It's probably that they haven't watched every Texans game of the season and haven't seen how bad he has actually been. Also, they probably don't know nearly as much about his poor stretch at the end of last year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #94
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25182 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
More than likely it deals more with the fact they don't know about the team and it's struggles. They just see a team that won the division and been to the playoffs. That is about it. They look on the surface and won't dive deeper.

How many would know the Patriots game being a downward spiral for the Texans? That since that game up til now (including playoffs) we have been outscored 303-205. That out of these 11 games we loss by more than double digits in 6 of them. All they are talking about as is seems to be Romo for one interception (at a critical time albeit) while Schaub threw three with a fourth being dropped and one being returned for a TD. Oh and one of those should have also been returned if it didn't bounce into the air first.

So yeah they don't have nearly as deep of a look into the situation than our fanbase. Just like in the thread started by a Rams visitor here and a few of our posters say they don't know anything about the Rams. That's how fanbases are.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #95
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That could certainly be a factor. They see a "pro bowl QB" with a loaded roster and probably think it's a slump.

2-3 is not the end of the world to the rest of the nation like it seems to be to Houston fans. I still think there is a lot of football left to play even with my current lack of confidence in Schaub.

I've watched a lot of football in the last four decades, and I've seen teams rebound from worse spots. I cannot, and will not, give up hope that this season is lost until it is actually lost.
Old 10-08-2013   #96
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That could certainly be a factor. They see a "pro bowl QB" with a loaded roster and probably think it's a slump.

2-3 is not the end of the world to the rest of the nation like it seems to be to Houston fans. I still think there is a lot of football left to play even with my current lack of confidence in Schaub.

I've watched a lot of football in the last four decades, and I've seen teams rebound from worse spots. I cannot, and will not, give up hope that this season is lost until it is actually lost.
The Giants ended the Patsies perfect season, so anything is possible I agree. I just don't think it's going to happen with Schaub at QB. We'll see. Predicting the future is always silly. Even X-Files dated the alien invasion for 2012 and they missed. And I trust Mulder and Scully.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #97
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Giants ended the Patsies perfect season, so anything is possible I agree. I just don't think it's going to happen with Schaub at QB. We'll see. Predicting the future is always silly. Even X-Files dated the alien invasion for 2012 and they missed. And I trust Mulder and Scully.
Agreed. At this point Schaub is Jake Delhomme, his mind and confidence are completely gone. Combine that with his noodle arm (still believe he had a dead arm from week 12 onward last year) and he is finished as an NFL QB.
Old 10-08-2013   #98
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 25856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone here think if the second int wasn't bobble and the guy takes it cleanly to the endzone to make it two pick 6s in a game would that make it easier for kubiak to make a change? What if it was 3 pick 6s, which could have happen in SF?

Even though it didn't happen it still feel like it did to a lot of people I know. So in our minds we essentially have a QB that threw multiple pick 6s in a game that broke NFL record in consecutive games and yet Schaub will run out that field next week along side JJ Watt. Something wrong with this picture.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #99
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Well I certainly agree. I think it's a low probability to see this team win the division, but it's not impossible. That little sliver of possibility is where my hope resides.

But, IMO, they would win in spite of Schaub.
Old 10-08-2013   #100
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
You're assuming the few defensive woes we have can all be laid at the feet of the Defense. It just isn't so.

If the Texans Offense could generate long drives and points, it changes the calculus of the opposing team's gameplan. As it stands right now, the Texans Defense is losing hope and motivation with the Offense laying (goose) eggs.

When you don't score a TD for more than 6 quarters, there's damn little your Defense can do.
That's rationalization. I'm pretty good at it. I'm good at recognizing it as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read