Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Is the SB Window Closing?
YES 46 66.67%
NO 23 33.33%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2013   #101
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the Super Bowl window closing?

It always closes for every single team but 1 each year. Then reopens to everyone the very next. This is the NFL, so fluid and the idea of this is worthless imo. The right spark can change everything for anyone and fast.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #102
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Then reopens to everyone the very next.
You don't really believe that do you?
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #103
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

The more I watch the colts the more I think our window is closing. Look how they handled the same Seattle team we lost too last week. It's very depressing.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #104
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
You don't really believe that do you?
Oh c'mon. You get the point.
Old 10-06-2013   #105
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Oh c'mon. You get the point.
Maybe, if what you meant to say was that between 8 and 12 teams have a legitimate chance at getting to the SB each year, we happen to have been in that discussion the last two years, and we are wasting the opportunity because we keep starting a horrible QB. Yeah, if that was what you meant ... I get it.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #106
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was never open.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #107
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Maybe, if what you meant to say was that between 8 and 12 teams have a legitimate chance at getting to the SB each year, we happen to have been in that discussion the last two years, and we are wasting the opportunity because we keep starting a horrible QB. Yeah, if that was what you meant ... I get it.
The point is the NFL has the most parity of any league around. Everybody knows that. The point is, that you just never know. Schaub may not even be here next year, and simply replacing him is the "spark" I spoke of. Its not like we draft terrible or anything. The whole discussion is flawed because there is only 1 team each year, and its damn difficult to make it to that game, let alone win it. The Chiefs came out of nowhere and there typically is a team that does this just about every year. Everyone thought the Colts "window" would have been closed for quite sometime. You just never know how things are going to play out from year to year.

The OP listed a few players age as his point. So what? AJ. We drafted Hopkins. Reed. We drafted Swearinger. Daniel Manning? Owen Daniels? Really? Foster has a few more years left. AJ has a few more good years left. We have young players sprinkled around. We will have the backbone Watt and Cush all locked up. We know how to put together a roster, and will continue to do so as long as they are allowed to.
Old 10-08-2013   #108
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #109
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Been waiting for a Super Bowl since around the age of 12. Now that I'm 50, I am less worried about this group of players' window than I am about the window that is my lifetime.
Old 10-08-2013   #110
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Been waiting for a Super Bowl since around the age of 12. Now that I'm 50, I am less worried about this group of players' window than I am about the window that is my lifetime.
I know exactly how you feel.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #111
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, I'm with you on that one. I may never see the end of our next Bob McNair 10 year rebuilding project....this last decade went by so fast.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #112
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
The two games the Texans won required them to make incredible comebacks. They could easily be 0-4.
Schaub, healthy or not, I have never believed could lead this team to a SB.
Apply a tiny bit of pressure and the guy becomes a catastrophic mistake waiting to happen.
Kubiak is aggressive and conservative at the wrong times.
But, overall I believe the biggest obstacle is Schaub.
Sign me up for this.I've been saying this also. I also thought they should've drafted wilson or foles in the 3rd last year or geno in the 1st this year. Now we don't even have a qb for the future its lucks division for 10 yrs.
Old 10-08-2013   #113
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish your "posting window" was closing as fast as you claim the Texans SB window was closing handswarmer
Old 10-08-2013   #114
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no window.

It is simply a painting on a wall of a window. Think Wylie Coyote "ACME" painted tunnel.
Old 10-08-2013   #115
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
The more I watch the colts the more I think our window is closing. Look how they handled the same Seattle team we lost too last week. It's very depressing.
Not to me. It's confirmation that teams that are willing to make tough decisions like to change coaches have a chance to turn themselves around.

If the Texans remain in a rut, as they have for the last 7 years, then they deserve it. Their fate lies within their own decision making.

I voted "no" on whether the Super Bowl window is closing for this team. It was never open with this regime.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #116
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Is the Super Bowl window closing?

Quote:
I'm in this group, too
Old 10-08-2013   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Let's see.

Their QB threw 2 TDs. Our QB threw 2 TDs

Their QB lost a fumble, Our QB threw 2 INTs (one returned for 6)

They scored a rushing touchdown, we didn't score a rushing touchdown

Their back up running back doesn't fumble the ball, our back up running back fumbled the ball

They scored a special teams TD, We did not score a special teams touchdown

They sacked Russell Wilson twice, We sacked Russell Wilson 5 times

They did not allow a scoring drive over 90 yards. We allowed a scoring drive over90 yards (TD).

Yeah, Andrew Lucks got this division sewed up.
Old 10-08-2013   #118
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #119
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I wish your "posting window" was closing as fast as you claim the Texans SB window was closing handswarmer
I didn't claim anything.

I asked a question.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #120
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Andre Johnson 32
Owen Daniels 30
Matt Schaub 32
Daniel Manning 31
Ed Reed 35

And Arian Foster is closing in on 27 with multiple injuries over the years.

I vote no. IMO we will have a powerful Defense for yrs to come with a few changes to our offense we can be right back into the race.

But of your age concerns and my Couch GM abilities

Andre - I believe we have a great core of WR to overcome his aging (whenever he starts to show)
Owen - Graham is showing to be a player and I'm interested in Ryans Griffin starting these nest few games to see if he has starting ability
Schaub - Draft replacement this yr and hopefully hit... with our offense, its easy on QBs we just need one who has more options to really open it up
Manning - looking to be a weaker part of the D
Reed - hasn't done anything to prove his worth

Schaub and Bullock are the biggest concerns and momentum killers on the team...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read