Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2013   #21
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rams fan coming in peace

Sam Bradford may be on his way to being the next Matt Schaub... oh wait Sam Bradford was never a back up quarterback.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #22
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub does throw another pick this will be my reaction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nrCvjg6nsI
Old 10-07-2013   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 90988 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the boards. Should be a good game with the good guys winning!!

I don't know much at all about the Rams other than Fisher is the HC and Bradford hasn't developed anywhere as far as I thought he would at this stage. I don't think the Rams have done him any favors though, in surrounding him with talent and protection.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #24
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rams? I know nothing about them, except I'm familiar with the coach's AFC S. history. If the Rams win, I wouldn't get too excited. It won't mean much and I guess v/v.
Old 10-07-2013   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome. Jeff Fisher is very familiar w our team, that should bode very well for you. Our D has been our strength but the O has left them to wither and die on the field; either via turnovers, 3 and outs, or pick 6's. Honestly this game could go either way. I think our offense should make some plays, questions remains in whose favor those plays will be for. Good luck and enjoy your week here. Some super good people here...even if we have battered spouse syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #26
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt is playing for his JOB in TEH NFL !!!!!

I think or I hope your going to get the DEMONIZED STONE COLD KILLER MATT one that TOrches DEF
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #27
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Matt is playing for his JOB in TEH NFL !!!!!

I think or I hope your going to get the DEMONIZED STONE COLD KILLER MATT one that TOrches DEF
Someone cut off Norg...
Old 10-08-2013   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Im drinking DAT till the end Screw it LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #29
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does Tavon Austin suck so bad? I'd look for him to have his break out game playing us this week. We tend to have problems facing guys that have game-changing speed due to us having an AARP member at FS but hopefully we'll just throw him in a wheelchair with turbo boosters and that'll neutralize the threat.

I also don't know if you've heard but our QB is this guy named Schaub, not Shwab, and he has a tendency to throw interceptions some of which can be returned for touchdowns. If you have any pull with the Rams you might want to tell them to look out for that but please keep my name out of it.

Finally, I have fond memories of playing the Rams at home. I remember some years ago when we were beating the Rams soundly only to have them change their QB to a Mr. Ryan Fitzpatrick from Harvard who went on to beat us in fine fashion. I wish our id!ot head coach will make the same decision if we're in the same situation though I doubt it.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #30
StoneCldTAustin
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 StoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Why does Tavon Austin suck so bad? I'd look for him to have his break out game playing us this week. We tend to have problems facing guys that have game-changing speed due to us having an AARP member at FS but hopefully we'll just throw him in a wheelchair with turbo boosters and that'll neutralize the threat.

I also don't know if you've heard but our QB is this guy named Schaub, not Shwab, and he has a tendency to throw interceptions some of which can be returned for touchdowns. If you have any pull with the Rams you might want to tell them to look out for that but please keep my name out of it.

Finally, I have fond memories of playing the Rams at home. I remember some years ago when we were beating the Rams soundly only to have them change their QB to a Mr. Ryan Fitzpatrick from Harvard who went on to beat us in fine fashion. I wish our id!ot head coach will make the same decision if we're in the same situation though I doubt it.

It is not that Austin sucks in all honesty because he has shown on many special team plays that he is an explosive weapon. Yes he does drop a few passes here or there but he is a small guy who is looking to make a play before the catch. This obviously will change as he gains experience, but it is a small hindrance now. The problem though is our coaching staff are trying to run quick screens to him and make him dance to get yards instead of giving him the ball in the middle of the field and letting him work. We started to do this near the end of the Jags game and it worked wonders, but it is the jags so who knows.

In relation to who our CB is that will be on Johnson....most likely it will be Jenkins (by far our best CB).

I will be looking to see if our run game has changed like it showed this last week or if it was simply due to us playing the jags. Our rookie RB stacy reminds me a lot of Ben Tate so we will see. In regards to the AARP members of the secondary, the Rams are probably the fastest WR core in the NFL so if the secondary is slow then look for many many deep throws to Givens, Cook, Quick, and Austin.

I want to really see the battle at the lines on both ends. Watt is going to be a huge problem but I would like to see how the Texans handle the pressure from our front 4 (Quinn, Long, Brockers, and many others who rotate in).

Our safeties are by far our weakest point so do not be shocked if the Texans have a field day on deep balls.....But again we will see.

The next thing you will see is on special teams Tavon is a monster, but we get a penalty on every single punt (so his stats are never representative of his ability) I will guarantee you will hear a ST penalty on number #50 and #53 at least once this week. But I will say we have some of the strongest legs in the NFL with Legatron who hit the net on the 66 yarder he missed wide left last season (hit a 70+ in college practices) and Hecker who used to be a college QB so he is good for a trick pass here or there.
StoneCldTAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #31
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Last time we played the Rams...it became a devasating loss for the Texans. I think we were leading by 14 or 17 points with less than 4 minutes remaining in the game and the Rams won it after a Texans meltdown.

This time, the Rams are coming in with the team already melted-down. Kubes has put his personal feelings for Schaub ahead of the most important aspect of this sport: winning. He is not only letting down the rest of the team and owner, but he is letting the backup QB's and the fans down as well...just because of some personal issue he has with his starter...it's absurd to say the least.

It's been a crazy year in the NFL...hell, the Jets beat the Falcons on Monday Night Football, the Bengals manhandled the previously unbeaten Patriots, Dallas actually played an awesome game against the best team in the NFL, and the lowly Raiders surprised an upstart Chargers team.

I think the Rams should be excited about another "W" in their column.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #32
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCldTAustin View Post
It is not that Austin sucks in all honesty because he has shown on many special team plays that he is an explosive weapon. Yes he does drop a few passes here or there but he is a small guy who is looking to make a play before the catch. This obviously will change as he gains experience, but it is a small hindrance now. The problem though is our coaching staff are trying to run quick screens to him and make him dance to get yards instead of giving him the ball in the middle of the field and letting him work. We started to do this near the end of the Jags game and it worked wonders, but it is the jags so who knows.

In relation to who our CB is that will be on Johnson....most likely it will be Jenkins (by far our best CB).

I will be looking to see if our run game has changed like it showed this last week or if it was simply due to us playing the jags. Our rookie RB stacy reminds me a lot of Ben Tate so we will see. In regards to the AARP members of the secondary, the Rams are probably the fastest WR core in the NFL so if the secondary is slow then look for many many deep throws to Givens, Cook, Quick, and Austin.

I want to really see the battle at the lines on both ends. Watt is going to be a huge problem but I would like to see how the Texans handle the pressure from our front 4 (Quinn, Long, Brockers, and many others who rotate in).

Our safeties are by far our weakest point so do not be shocked if the Texans have a field day on deep balls.....But again we will see.

The next thing you will see is on special teams Tavon is a monster, but we get a penalty on every single punt (so his stats are never representative of his ability) I will guarantee you will hear a ST penalty on number #50 and #53 at least once this week. But I will say we have some of the strongest legs in the NFL with Legatron who hit the net on the 66 yarder he missed wide left last season (hit a 70+ in college practices) and Hecker who used to be a college QB so he is good for a trick pass here or there.
Legatron, you should thank our special teams coordinator for letting y'all have him. We drafted the first kicker of the draft two years ago and y'all ended up with him. We took a fat ass who can't hit a 45 yarder because he's from A&M like our dumb ass head coach. Our special teams are an abomination as well and our kick returner will take it out of the EZ to take it to the 10 yard line as often as possible. We cut Trindon Holliday last year because he didn't jibe with our concepts on special teams of sucking as hard as you possibly can.
Old 10-08-2013   #33
StoneCldTAustin
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 StoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respectedStoneCldTAustin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Legatron, you should thank our special teams coordinator for letting y'all have him. We drafted the first kicker of the draft two years ago and y'all ended up with him. We took a fat ass who can't hit a 45 yarder because he's from A&M like our dumb ass head coach. Our special teams are an abomination as well and our kick returner will take it out of the EZ to take it to the 10 yard line as often as possible. We cut Trindon Holliday last year because he didn't jibe with our concepts on special teams of sucking as hard as you possibly can.
I wish he would take it out but Legatron kicks it out of the endzone mostly so we wont get to have that unfort
Old 10-08-2013   #34
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad omen.....
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #35
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCldTAustin View Post
I wish he would take it out but Legatron kicks it out of the endzone mostly so we wont get to have that unfort
I envy your team having a good kicker and it really sucks that we could have and should have drafted him but decided to go with the fat ass Aggie. Zeurlein should just take a little mustard off the kickoff and we'll look to be taking it out from the back of the EZ about 75% of the time.

Our fat Aggie kicker also typically doesn't allow kickoffs to be returned which is great since our kickoff coverage would probably suck. So instead of having the best kicker in football we have a damn kickoff specialist who can also connect pretty much only from 40 yards in.

Looks like I'll be putting money on Jenkins in the 3rd quarter for the pick 6 since OD will be out. Thanks for the info Stone Cold Steve Austin the Texas Rattler you sick bastard.
Old 10-08-2013   #36
StoneCldTAustin
Rookie

Well it was not like Legatron was known coming out of school.......Nobody really knew who he was etc. so plenty of teams missed him

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read