Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2013   #41
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yea ok and 15 yard penalties in the final moments against Sharpton and Jackson didn't play into it right? Good grief get a grip.

Only thing I like about playing Yates or Keenum is that they can make a play on the interceptions they will throw.
Give me a break, dude. The worst thing a QB can do is throw a pick 6. Matt Schaub holds the NFL record for doing that 4 games in a row. I seriously doubt either Yates or Keenum will break that record.
Old 10-08-2013   #42
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea ok and 15 yard penalties in the final moments against Sharpton and Jackson didn't play into it right? Good grief get a grip.

Only thing I like about playing Yates or Keenum is that they can make a play on the interceptions they will throw.
Those only happened because schaub blew it first. Its deflating to see your qb screw it up weekly.
Old 10-08-2013   #43
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Problem is none of that happens if Schaub doesn't $hit his panties.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #44
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Give me a break, dude. The worst thing a QB can do is throw a pick 6. Matt Schaub holds the NFL record for doing that 4 games in a row. I seriously doubt either Yates or Keenum will break that record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Those only happened because schaub blew it first. Its deflating to see your qb screw it up weekly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

Yeah! What they said!
Old 10-08-2013   #45
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

It's ignorant to blame one person for losses in football.

I get it Schaub is stinking it up and he's the scapegoat, but when you go over the film with a fine toothed comb you can see how much this team is flawed and how many variables lead to a loss.

If we are packing it in then send out Keenum or Yates I'm fine with starting over, but don't expect them to be a football messiah who will lead these guys to the promised land.
Old 10-08-2013   #46
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 7186 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Seeing as how the defense only gave up 10 points on legitimate drives in regulation against the Seahawks, blaming the defense at all for the loss is ridiculous.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #47
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
How do you know the defense holds? They were getting burned the entire second half! The INT tied the game, it didn't lose it. Poor defensive plays and mental errors lost the game.
Old 10-08-2013   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
Seeing as how the defense only gave up 10 points on legitimate drives in regulation against the Seahawks, blaming the defense at all for the loss is ridiculous.
Texans defense #1 in tha NFL, allowing a paltry 260.2 ypg. Jets are 2nd way back at 299 ypg

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #49
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

For the record I'm neither a Schaub apologist nor a Yates/Keenum advocate. I'm just surprised at the emotional response to what I felt was pretty common sense football information. But its cool to let your emotions speak for you on a chat forum, what do you really have to lose? Reputation? LOL!
Old 10-08-2013   #50
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Texans defense #1 in tha NFL, allowing a paltry 260.2 ypg. Jets are 2nd way back at 299 ypg
How good is this defense on 3rd/4th downs? Stats don't tell the full story. How many points has the defense scored? They suck against the run. I'm not giving them a free pass because the stats won't cloud what I see on the field.
Old 10-08-2013   #51
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's ignorant to blame one person for losses in football.

I get it Schaub is stinking it up and he's the scapegoat, but when you go over the film with a fine toothed comb you can see how much this team is flawed and how many variables lead to a loss.

If we are packing it in then send out Keenum or Yates I'm fine with starting over, but don't expect them to be a football messiah who will lead these guys to the promised land.
I bet if I look hard enough the earth's axis and/or the northern lights made the sun reflect too hard in the stadium so it was not on Schaub. fap fap fap

I'm sure there are some minute details we could debate. Unfortunately none of that matters. Schaub shat his pants, the game was lost /end

Not sure who think's Yates or Keenum would be world beaters. Money says they don't set NFL record for pick 6's.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #52
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How good is this defense on 3rd/4th downs? Stats don't tell the full story. How many points has the defense scored? They suck against the run. I'm not giving them a free pass because the stats won't cloud what I see on the field.
do you watch the rest of the NFL? Nobody runs out a perfect offense or defense. Fact is that this defense would have even better stats and would not be on their heels if not for the QB putting them in bad situations.

I'll only agree on one thing you posted....Sharpton is awful. He gets SWALLOWED up on blocks and can't shed. Dude cost us a few stops this last weekend.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #53
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45112 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak holding on to Schaub as the starter is not about loyalty. It's about pride and ego. He invested too much into Schaub and to flip on him now is equivalent to admitting it was a mistake or he was wrong. It's all about pride and ego. The same reason why McNair hasn't fire Kubiak. It's about not having to admit you're wrong.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #54
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 7186 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How do you know the defense holds? They were getting burned the entire second half! The INT tied the game, it didn't lose it. Poor defensive plays and mental errors lost the game.
If by entire second half you mean the one TD drive in the fourth quarter, yeah, I guess that's true. However, looking at the entire second half (not OT), here are the Seahawk drives:

3 plays, -2 yards, punt
6 plays, 19 yards, punt
3 plays, 0 yards, FG (after Tate's fumble)
14 plays, 98 yards, TD
3 plays, 2 yards, INT
1 play, -1 yard, end of regulation

5 real possessions, 117 total yards- doesn't look like they were getting burned to me.
Old 10-08-2013   #55
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The defense has played great, but you have to admit that teams aren't exactly taking risks against our defense. The gameplan to beat the Texans is not to turn the ball over and play field position. SF didn't throw the ball downfield unless the guy was wide open.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #56
tedr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Kubiak holding on to Schaub as the starter is not about loyalty. It's about pride and ego. He invested too much into Schaub and to flip on him now is equivalent to admitting it was a mistake or he was wrong. It's all about pride and ego. The same reason why McNair hasn't fire Kubiak. It's about not having to admit you're wrong.
I don't think originally getting Schaub was a mistake...he did well for them, and got them to a certain point...Kubiak just needs to realize he's not productive anymore and move on.

As a caveat, obviously giving him that extension was a mistake.
Old 10-08-2013   #57
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Kubiak is preparing to take the HC job at A&M when the current HC goes to USC.
**** that, I'd rather recall Kliff Kingsbury from Tech.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #58
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cretorfrigg View Post

How many other qbs in the nfl gets this many opportunities? 90% of the loss against the 49ers was on schaub.
good ol boy system
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #59
tedr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The defense has played great, but you have to admit that teams aren't exactly taking risks against our defense. The gameplan to beat the Texans is not to turn the ball over and play field position. SF didn't throw the ball downfield unless the guy was wide open.
Teams don't have to take risks against our defense because, right now, they should know our offense will give them a few gifts each game. That shouldn't take anything away from how the defense has performed.

When it comes down to it, if you take away the gift points the Texans have given up by turnovers deep in our territory, pick 6's, and the punt return against Baltimore, the defense is only giving up 16 points a game. That's really good. The offense and special teams are essentially giving up 12 points a game. That's horrible.
Old 10-08-2013   #60
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

This world beating defense should have stopped Wilson on 4th and 3 and all this banter is moot, but hold onto whatever accolade you want. For my money KC, SEA, and SF are better defenses than what we have here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read