Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2013   #1
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/houston...6779--nfl.html

Mods, merge if necessary but figured it would get the most exposure if it was in its own thread.

''You want to be a part of helping him work his way through that. The only way I know how to do it is you play our way through that stuff. So that's what I'm trying to help him with and figure out and push him through it, so that our football game can push through it.''
Old 10-08-2013   #2
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

GK sounds like he is preparing to take a huge dump, not mentor a 10 year vet. What is he thinking can be pushed through? We already saw what happened when the motto was "cut it loose."

No more cutting loose, no more pushing one through. That approach should have totally died at halftime last week. The best thing for Schaub is to sit down, grab a clipboard and headset, and watch at least until after the bye week. Clear his head from the public storms and get off the "X" in the media. Meanwhile his teammates get a glimmer of hope...possibly even a spark, but really anything but the sense of oh-crap-here-he-goes-again they must be feeling now.

By then we would have a little more info on who else, if anyone, can play QB in 2013 for this team. But if Schaub and GK keep pushing and cutting loose, we're done.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #3
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW! If Kubiak starts Schaub this week, I'm going to jump on the Fire Kubiak bandwagon for the first time. Maybe he can find a way to boost his confidence, but there isn't much he can do about the noodle arm Schaub has.

It's my opinion that had Yates or Keenum been the one throwing that first pass last week, it would not have been a pick 6. Since the defender would've been out of position to make the tackle, AJ would've taken that pass for a nice gain. Matt doesn't have any velocity on his throws & both TJ & Keenum can zip it in there.

After throwing picks in 7 straight games, it's time for a change!!!

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #4
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub starting = Kubiak doesn't want to win games.

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #5
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile View Post
GK sounds like he is preparing to take a huge dump, not mentor a 10 year vet. What is he thinking can be pushed through? We already saw what happened when the motto was "cut it loose."

No more cutting loose, no more pushing one through. That approach should have totally died at halftime last week. The best thing for Schaub is to sit down, grab a clipboard and headset, and watch at least until after the bye week. Clear his head from the public storms and get off the "X" in the media. Meanwhile his teammates get a glimmer of hope...possibly even a spark, but really anything but the sense of oh-crap-here-he-goes-again they must be feeling now.

By then we would have a little more info on who else, if anyone, can play QB in 2013 for this team. But if Schaub and GK keep pushing and cutting loose, we're done.
This would be my preferred method of attacking this second quarter of the season personally. You nailed it.
Old 10-08-2013   #6
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
WOW! If Kubiak starts Schaub this week, I'm going to jump on the Fire Kubiak bandwagon for the first time. Maybe he can find a way to boost his confidence, but there isn't much he can do about the noodle arm Schaub has.

It's my opinion that had Yates or Keenum been the one throwing that first pass last week, it would not have been a pick 6. Since the defender would've been out of position to make the tackle, AJ would've taken that pass for a nice gain. Matt doesn't have any velocity on his throws & both TJ & Keenum can zip it in there.

After throwing picks in 7 straight games, it's time for a change!!!
Correction: 8 straight non-preseason games.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

More proof Kubiak is a complete numbskull. As if we didn't know that already.

We need a Jesus facepalm icon for the Texans to show exactly what kind of shape this team is in. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2013   #8
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Unbelievable. Or at least it would be unbelievable if it wasn't Kubiak. This guy just becomes more and more of a joke every single day. The guy has zero clue about how to hold a team accountable for their actions and if it IS all on him as he loves to say, then the joker should have been fired 4 years ago. Yes Kubiak, it is all on you.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #9
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is out of context. He said this before or in the same interview he claimed he is evaluating all positions including qb to see who gives us our best chance to win.
Old 10-08-2013   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is going to have to deal with an angry crowd at Reliant. He is going to be rattled and probably make a mistake early on. Hopefully he overcomes the crowd hostility and has a great performance but given the circumstances, I don't think that will happen.

I expect to see Yates and maybe Keenum on the field Sunday.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #11
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

How many other QBs in the NFL gets this many opportunities? 90% of the loss against the 49ers was on Schaub.
Old 10-08-2013   #12
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone think Kubes wouldn't start Schaub? He will start Schaub barring injury until the end of time.

I remember back when the knock on Schaub was he was too fragile, now the dude is like an iron man out there. I guess he proved people wrong that he's fragile. He sucks, but he's not fragile.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Schaub starting = Kubiak doesn't want to win games.
Starting Yates or Keenum means he's thrown in the towel for the season. I'm not a fan of Schaub, but he's more likely to play well than either of them. Playing an okay backup or an undrafted QB is a recipe for disaster. Schaub might continue to play like crap, but I'll take the chance that he'll get out of his funk and at least get back to average. If he continues to stink it up, then we'll see Yates or Keenum anyway.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Did anyone think Kubes wouldn't start Schaub? He will start Schaub barring injury until the end of time.
Yup. And I bet if Ole Uncle Bob hadn't finally given Kubes an ultimatum Frank Bush would still be DC. I'm a loyal guy and place a lot of value on loyalty. That said, he is loyal to a fault.

Also, Kubiak saying he'll "evaluate" the situation means exactly 0. That was just coach speak.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #15
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Starting Yates or Keenum means he's thrown in the towel for the season. I'm not a fan of Schaub, but he's more likely to play well than either of them. Playing an okay backup or an undrafted QB is a recipe for disaster. Schaub might continue to play like crap, but I'll take the chance that he'll get out of his funk and at least get back to average. If he continues to stink it up, then we'll see Yates or Keenum anyway.
Based on what you have seen going back to LAST SEASON.....what makes you think this is just a funk?

From what I have seen there is no harm in putting in Yates or Keenum. I guarantee they won't throw 4 pick 6's in 4 games in a row and probably won't throw picks in what, the last 8 or 9 non preseason games going into last season?

Schaub's lucky it was only 1 pick 6 last game. There was another of the 3 picks he threw that should have been another pick 6 had the defender not had to juggle it to catch it.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post

How many other QBs in the NFL gets this many opportunities? 90% of the loss against the 49ers was on Schaub.
And 100% of the loss to the Seahawks the week before was on Schaub.
Old 10-08-2013   #17
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78642 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Um.....16 hours ago. This was before Pancakes went on PFT. I made a comment on these quotes in that thread.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #18
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
not necessarily. we didn't throw the towel in 2001. yates is better than his 2011 debut. he beat the bengals back then. so if a better yates today plays smart football then it gives us a better chance to win....much better chance than schaub at this point. if anything, I'd like for yates to play and give MS a break.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #19
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5771 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

i am hanging on to the belief that kubiak is saying schaub is the starter so that the rams prepare for schaub and not keenum.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
i am hanging on to the belief that kubiak is saying schaub is the starter so that the rams prepare for schaub and not keenum.
Do you really believe that Kubiak is either that smart or sneaky?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read