Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013   #841
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB (Yates named #2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Well, actually...

you said it last week.
Original post page 40 near top. Did not remember I had reposted last week
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #842
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
How about you just stop reposting?
Old 10-08-2013   #843
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
So what's the point? You want to make sure we know you're smarter than GK?

It's the popular opinion. Being right going against the grain is much more impressive. Stating the obvious proves nothing regardless how many times you re-post.

Especially about this, especially in regards to my opinion. I'd have benched Schaub after the pick 6 in Seattle & tried to win that game. Last week I would have made up my mind between Yates & Keenum, then designed the rest of the season around whoever I picked's strengths & weaknesses. Schaub would be the back-up. He would get an opportunity to get back on the field in the normal flow of the game the way a back-up would. Injury or benching.

He would understand that would be his only chance to ever "win" his job back. If he doesn't tear it up, not just mistake free, he's got to make plays. If not, he won't even be the back-up for the next game.
Old 10-08-2013   #844
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
Still asking too much, at this point I don't think we could trade Schaub for a tic tac or even a liquorice jelly bean.
Old 10-08-2013   #845
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So what's the point? You want to make sure we know you're smarter than GK?

It's the popular opinion. Being right going against the grain is much more impressive. Stating the obvious proves nothing regardless how many times you re-post.

Especially about this, especially in regards to my opinion. I'd have benched Schaub after the pick 6 in Seattle & tried to win that game. Last week I would have made up my mind between Yates & Keenum, then designed the rest of the season around whoever I picked's strengths & weaknesses. Schaub would be the back-up. He would get an opportunity to get back on the field in the normal flow of the game the way a back-up would. Injury or benching.

He would understand that would be his only chance to ever "win" his job back. If he doesn't tear it up, not just mistake free, he's got to make plays. If not, he won't even be the back-up for the next game.
I would have made the change 4 weeks ago and made Keenum the starter not TJ. TJ is MS as far as mindset goes.
The writing was on the wall THEN. Schaub cannot make plays! You don't know this by now. Not MS's fault, just the way it is. With his QB skills now and his known weaknesses it is too much to expect him to make plays on a consistent basis.
Old 10-08-2013   #846
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I would have made the change 4 weeks ago and made Keenum the starter not TJ. TJ is MS as far as mindset goes.
The writing was on the wall THEN. Schaub cannot make plays! You don't know this by now. Not MS's fault, just the way it is. With his QB skills now and his known weaknesses it is too much to expect him to make plays on a consistent basis.
I'm not a Matt Schaub fan, never have been.

But, what you're saying isn't exactly true. Matt made plays in the 4th qtr against San Diego. He made plays in the 4th & OT qtr against Tennessee. While he didn't make plays, he looked good playing above average for the first half of the Seattle game.

He's not consistent at it, he's not prolific in that department. But to say he can't??????

Like I said, I understand the frustration that our current goal is to try to get Matt Schaub back to 2011 form & that wasn't great. But it is what it is & if he gets back on track we'll win the division.... & we'll see what happens in the play offs.
Old 10-08-2013   #847
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But, what you're saying isn't exactly true. Matt made plays in the 4th qtr against San Diego. He made plays in the 4th & OT qtr against Tennessee. While he didn't make plays, he looked good playing above average for the first half of the Seattle game.

He's not consistent at it, he's not prolific in that department. But to say he can't??????

Like I said, I understand the frustration that our current goal is to try to get Matt Schaub back to 2011 form & that wasn't great. But it is what it is & if he gets back on track we'll win the division.... & we'll see what happens in the play offs.
I think we all know that ship has sailed.....last sunday's game was the absolute last thing that he could've had happen to him. That game, combined with the overall stretch he's on has taken pretty much all his confidence away....& everyone knows what happens when your confidence is gone...it usually doesn't come back. the little confidence he has left, is there b/c Gary keeps giving it to him. He's never getting back to 2011 form......you can just see it in his body language.....

He'll get the nod this week & i'll go ahead & predict it now, he won't throw another pick 6, but he'll be shaky throughout the game...you'll see alot of double clutching from him on the short stuff b/c he'll be 2nd guessing himself alot....

He's done....Done like a sausage link left on the BBQ pit too long.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #848
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Our definition of making plays is obviously different. Wilson made a play getting the first down at the end of the game on 4th down.

TK the bold is where we differ. I don't see Matt getting back to 2011 form. Getting back to 2011 form physically is not possible. It is not 2011 in our division anymore. Good possibility that 2011 MS in 2013 does not win division. Really doesn't matter because 2011 MS is gone.

You are right in saying "it is what it is" in that we have no control over anything.
Gk has that.
Old 10-08-2013   #849
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our definition of making plays is obviously different. Wilson made a play getting the first down at the end of the game on 4th down.

TK the bold is where we differ. I don't see Matt getting back to 2011 form. Getting back to 2011 form physically is not possible. It is not 2011 in our division anymore. Good possibility that 2011 MS in 2013 does not win division. Really doesn't matter because 2011 MS is gone.

You are right in saying "it is what it is" in that we have no control over anything.
Gk has that.
I agree at least with 90% of what you're saying here. people need to remember, this guy's been in the league for 10 years already. There's is a natural slippage due to father time alone. Obviously through injuries that can be accelerated and in his case there's definitely some of that.....

I just think that as of this very moment, his issue isn't physical...despite what CnD says & has been saying. He's had a weak arm since we've had him here. He's been injured more than a few times since he's been here. Just through deductive reasoning you have to ask the question "why all of a sudden is his weak arm & physical limitations giving him issues that he was able to overcome earlier in his career?" It just doesn't make sense that it would become an issue 10 years into his career...especially without him having any significant arm issues.

Maybe his natural abilities were right on the floor of the "NFL physical talents" cut line & the little bit of slippage due to father time put him below the cut line....

Or maybe he's been in decline confidence wise since that 1st NE game & he finally bottomed out this year...this is what i believe...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read